- Text Size +
Chapter 31.


Riley laid on Nick’s bed sighing to herself. She had found one of Nick’s shirts that still held his scent and it had upset her. She felt silly laying on the bed crying, but she missed him more than she thought was possible. They hadn’t been able to talk all day because she had a double shift at the café and when she had gotten home he was on stage. Now it was three hours since the show would have ended and his phone was still turned off.
He would be home in four days, but even that wasn’t helping. She needed to hear his voice before she would be able to sleep.

After another half an hour Riley gave up on trying to sleep, and rolled over on the bed turning on the laptop Nick had given her. She hadn’t had time to use it much since she got it with everything that was going on, but figured now that she couldn’t sleep she might as well keep herself busy exploring it.
She had been playing with it for a while when a sound from it made her jump. She found a messenger window and opened it up. She couldnt help the grin that spread across her face when she saw Nick's name on the messenger window.


NickGCarter: Hey babe. I dont know if you have tried calling me, but ive turned my phone off. Some fans have gotten hold of my number so I'm getting a new one set up. I fucking miss you."

She felt tears roll down her cheeks just seeing his words and smiled to herself before answering.

RileyWilliams: I miss you too. I did try and call, just thought you were busy. I wish you were here, your beds so big without you in it :(

She sobbed softly and wiped her face on his tshirt, the scent of him on it getting to her even more.

NickGCarter
: Soon baby. Soon. I can’t wait to feel you in my arms again. This hotel room bed is just as empty without you. I miss feeling you baby.

Riley read what Nick said over and over again smiling as she started sobbing even louder. She missed him so much and hadn’t realized just how much until he had im’d her.


RileyWilliams
: I wish you were here… I actually looked up flights earlier because I can’t handle being away from you any longer, but I need the money for a new apartment.

NickGCarter: Stay… baby please stay. Don’t move.

Riley read his message and gasped. 'Is he asking me to move in with him?' She couldnt help but get excited over the thought of being with him all the time.

RileyWilliams: You want me to stay here...forever?

She held her breathe as it came up that he was typing, and almost squeaked when the computer made the noise saying he had replied.


NickGCarter: Forever and ever and ever! Baby i cant wait to come home to you. To hold you and kiss you and lay with you. Damn i wish i could call you. I need to hear your voice. Hang on...

Riley sat and waited, wondering what Nick was up to. She jumped when her phone started ringing and she looked down, seeing a number she didnt know flashing up.
"Hello?"
"I stole Howie's phone. He has major free minutes and i need to hear your voice."
She sniffled hearing his voice and bit back a sob.
"Baby... you crying?"
His voice was soft, making her sob a little. "I miss you!"
“Awwww baby don’t cry.”


Riley sobbed again and clutched the phone against her ear so she would hear anything coming from the other end.
“I want to see you so badly. I almost told Dawn I wouldn’t be in for the rest of the week so I could see you. I…I can’t deal being away from you.” her voice broke making her feel pathetic.
“Baby come…come stay with me the last few days. I want you here. I’m sorry baby but you hate that job. I know you want to do things for yourself, but you aren’t. Quit.. come stay with me then I’ll help you work something out when we get home…our home.”
She could hear him sigh into the phone and knew he had a smile playing on his lips at his own words.


"I..."
"Say yes baby, please say yes. You kind of need to anyways..."
Riley wiped her face. "I want to, and why do i?"
He chuckled. "Because ive managed to fit you on the first flight out here tomorrow morning at 8am. Will you make that?"
Riley sobbed again but smiled. "Ill make it if it means your going to be there to pick me up."
Nick laughed. "Baby, I'll leave now if it means seeing you tomoro morning."


***

Nick sat at the airport half an hour before Riley's flight was due. He was so excited to see her that he couldnt wipe the grin off his face. He had come on his own, with the promise that if anything when wrong he would contact Q or Bob. He knew nothing would go wrong, and even if it did he would have his girl by his side, thats all that mattered.

He dozed until her flight information was announced, saying her plane had landed. He got excited and walked over to the arrivals gate. People started filing out and he looked through the people, anxious to see Riley.
Nick grinned when he saw her walk through and search for him. He chuckled when she near enough shrieked when she saw him and pushed through the people before launching herself at him and wrapping her arms around his neck as he held her up.
“I quit my job…” she sobbed into his neck hugging him tightly.

Nick couldn’t hide the grin spreading across his face at her words. “Good. We will find you your dream job baby. I promise.” he kissed her deeply wrapping both arms around her not caring that he could hear flashes going off around him.
“My girl…my perfect girl. God I’ve missed you.” he almost groaned when she kissed him again wrapping her legs around him in the process.
They kept hugging each other until Nick let Riley down on the ground. “We need to get back to the hotel baby. I need to be alone with you and hold you. Think we gave them enough pictures for today. God I need to hold you.” he sighed happily hugging her close again.

She giggled and picked her holdel up before wrapping her arms around Nick tightly.
"Did you bring a suitcase?" Nick frowned, not seeing one.
"Nope. I was so excited i just packed a few bits of clothes for the next couple of days. Thought i wouldn’t need anything for bedtime." She looked up at him as he pulled the holdel from her arm and carried it over his shoulder.
"Well, then you would be correct. Come on, i have a car waiting outside." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and guided her through the airport.

***

Riley sighed happily as she laid in Nick's arms later that morning. They had been relaxed on his bed ever since they had gotten back to the hotel and Riley was in heaven. She had missed him so much that she realized she hadn’t even been relaxed back at Nick's house knowing he wasn’t there with her.
She felt him move his hand through her hair again and smiled before looking up at his face to see him smiling.
"I thought you hated your hair curly?"
She felt him tugging at her hair slightly and knew he was twirling it around his finger.
"Well, someone told me they loved my hair curly and it made me see my curls in a completely different light." She smiled and cuddled herself closer to him.

“I like it like this. Actually I always like it because you never have a ton of hairspray in it so I can touch it.” he was smiling at her and Riley felt lost just looking at him. “So baby I was wondering….” He smirked at her when she looked up at him and Riley couldn’t help but blush at the way he was looking at her.
“You actually quit your job? And does the fact you up and left everything mean you are moving in with me? And… will you let me help you figure out what you want to do in life instead of working somewhere you can’t stand? Cause I want my girl to be happy. I know you want to do things for yourself, but Jen kinda noticed how you sorted things out the week before. I don’t know what you did cause well I wasn’t there, but she wants to talk to you. I swear to God I had nothing to do with it.” Nick said as he held his hands up with a pleased smile on his face.


"Jen WHAT? She....for a job?" Riley was speechless and looked at Nick in shock before smiling at him and wrapping her arms around him tightly.
She felt Nick's body shake slightly as he chuckled, making her smile. "I know you probably said something, but thank you." She looked back up at his face before leaning up and kissing him softly, a smile on both their faces.

”I didn’t say a word baby. She might have overheard me talking to one of the guys saying you were looking for a new job, but I don’t even know what you did last week while I was working. Now ya got me curious.”
Riley thought back wondering what it was she had done when she was with Nick and couldn’t think of anything specific. She had helped out a few times when things had been running late but nothing major that would land her a job?
“I don’t know either. I didn’t do anything. Not that I know of. Just kept myself occupied while you were working that’s all. I’m not used to sitting around doing nothing.” she smiled shyly at him making him grin back at her.


"Well for the next couple days your going to keep me company. We don't have anything planned other than a few soundchecks and the shows. Your mine baby...aaaaaaall mine!" He rolled them over so he was ontop of her and smiled before kissing her. "I love you so much." He mumbled against her lips, making her smile.
"I love you too." She kissed him back softly and sighed happily as he laid his weight on her and buried his face into her neck.
"God I've missed your scent. You smell amazing." He kissed into her neck and smiled when she ran her hands up the back of his tshirt to feel his skin.

“I missed you too. Is it weird that I haven’t slept at night? We haven’t been together that long and I’m already this dependant on you?” Riley whispered against Nick’s neck worried that he would find it weird.
“I haven’t slept either baby. Well not much. I tend to sleep when I’m bored or something bothers me. My way of passing time. Do you think our house will still be standing when we get back? Leaving Aaron and Brooke alone is risky ain’t it? I heard you had a go at Brooke.” Nick chuckled softly against her neck and she felt her cheeks blush. She hadn’t know that Aaron was listening in on what she was telling Brooke.


"Yea i did. I dont want her ruining anything. I mean you've been nice enough to have me and her stay after all this mess. She is my best friend, but she is really clueless when it comes to respect and i don’t want her to jeapordize anything with us. Especially now I'm gonna be living with you. She will need to get somewhere else to live." She smiled when Nick grinned widely before kissing her nose.

"You’re gonna come live with me? Really? Babe you don’t know how happy that makes me." He scooped her up in his arms and hugged her closer than she could remember that he ever had done while he mumbled something into her neck that she couldn’t make out which made her giggle.
“I’m already living with you, I just won’t move out when Brooke does.” She giggled again hugging him back.

“Are you sure though? We haven’t been together that long and it’s kinda soon. I don’t want you doing this because of what happened with my apartment?” Riley asked when Nick moved back slightly so he could look at her again.
“I’m 100% sure baby. Yeah it’s soon, but even if we hadn’t worked out as a couple I know we would be best friends because let’s face it. I don’t do that well without you.” he smiled shyly at her and Riley wondered what that meant but figured he had just been a pain while she was gone.
“We will work out as a couple. I can’t let go of you. Not when I have you.” she sighed hugging him close again