- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"Nick!! Nick!!"

Nick spun around and threw Aaron a warning look when he heard his name being yelled out across the bar. He didn’t want the attention on him that night. It was about the new band, and them getting their contract.
As Aaron approached him, with a huge grin on his face Nick couldn’t help but smile, having not seen his little brother for a few months.

Aaron hugged him and looked around the room until he saw sight of Dan then jumped up on the stage to greet him leaving Nick at the table.
He knew Aaron would make everyone in the bar aware of who they were, but for once Aaron seemed happy and not hooked up on something so Nick decided to let it pass.

He could feel eyes on him and as he looked towards the direction he felt the stare coming from he found himself looking at the blonde girl again.

She was grinning obviously amused by something. Nick looked down at himself almost as if he wanted to check to see if he had spilled something on himself, but Aaron jumped back down saving him from the embarrassment.
“Hey bro who’s that hot girl over there that keeps looking at ya and why haven’t ya invited her over yet?”

Nick shot him a look, hearing the way Aaron raised his voice over the music, making himself heard. "Because." Aaron moved closer and playfully punched Nick's arm.
"Because what?"
Nick glanced over and looked at the girl before looking back at Aaron. "Because...well...I can’t read her."
"What do you mean?"
Nick pulled Aaron down to sit with him and told him about first seeing the girl in the cafe.

****

"Why don’t you go talk to him?" Brooke spoke from across the table after watching Riley watch the two blonde guys in a deep conversation.
"Because he's busy." She muttered and watched as both guys laughed and hugged before getting up from their table.
"I need a drink...” Riley stood up and picked her empty glass up and walked over to the bar, putting her glass down and leaning forward. The bar had gotten pretty busy as a group of people crowded round to get their drinks in before the band started.

She had been standing waiting for a few minutes and groaned, seeing the barman preoccupied at the other end of the bar serving some girl who was half hanging out of top.
"God what do I have to do to get a drink around here..." She muttered and stood up straight.

"Dress like her maybe?"

She turned to see who had spoke and felt herself blush slightly, seeing the guy from earlier stood close to her.
She recovered from the shock quickly and snorted. "Yea right, why would I degrade myself like that just to get a drink?"
The guy cracked a smile and leant over the bar slightly and caught the attention of the barman, sending him their way in an instant.
"Beer please and whatever the lady wants..." He looked down at Riley, making her smile as she then gave her order to the barman.

"You didn’t need to buy me a drink." She said and looked up at the guy, who just shrugged.
"I know. I wanted to."
The barman came back over with their drinks and handed the guy a slip of paper. "The blonde down there wanted you to have this."
Riley pulled a face and groaned loudly, making the barmen look at her before looking back at the guy.
"Yea, thanks." He shoved the piece of paper in his pocket and turned to Riley.

"Do girls do that to you all the time?" Riley looked at him and sipped at her drink. She noticed the way he narrowed his eyes at her and frowned, wondering why.
"Uh, yea."
Riley nodded and looked around the bar before back up at the guy.
"I'm Riley by the way." She held her hand out, making him chuckle and he reached out and shook it gently, not saying anything.

She looked at him, waiting for him to tell her his name. "And your name...."
He looked at her with his eyes narrowed again, making her feel nervous for some reason. "You don't know?"

"Am I supposed to?" Riley thought he was starting to come across as a weirdo, and was hoping for an out soon so she could go back to the table.
"I guess not." He muttered and held his hand out. "I'm Nick, nice to meet you.


***

"She didn’t even know my name...” Nick exclaimed as they sat in the now empty bar later that night. They were packing away after a very successful show, and Nick was telling Aaron about Riley.
“Yeah right bro. It’s not the first time a girl has pretended not to know who we are only to seem innocent.” Aaron laughed.
“I’m serious Aaron. She almost looked annoyed when I didn’t introduce myself right. I was so sure she knew who I was at that café this morning, but she didn’t. And she didn’t even ask for my number or anything. Fuck!!!!” Nick groaned.

“Wanted her number did ya?” Aaron teased making Nick blush.
“No…forget about it.” Nick muttered.
“Alright. Then I guess ya don’t want this?” Aaron waved a tiny piece of paper in front of Nick’s face before dropping it on the bar. “While you were busy showing off your horrible flirting skills at the bar her friend came over and gave me Riley’s number.”

Nick looked at Aaron in disbelief but grabbed the piece of paper that had now landed next to his beer on the bar top. “Why would her friend give out her number like that? Kind of sketchy don’t you think?” Nick mumbled half to himself half to Aaron.

“Apparently Riley doesn’t know what’s good for her-self, just like you. Call her…Txt her… Definitely contact her.” Aaron smirked making Nick chuckle.
“She didn’t give me her number. It doesn’t seem fair to use it. If she wanted me to have her number then she would have given it to me ya know.” Nick reasoned.

“Not if she’s shy and crap. Brooke, the other girl was her roommate. I’ll call her if you don’t want her. She was hot.” Aaron reached out for the folded piece of paper in Nick’s hand, but Nick snapped it away before Aaron could get a hold of it.

"No you won’t. What happened to Jade, or Jana or whatever her name is?"
"Oh her, I got bored. She was too plastic." Aaron smirked and stood up. "You best call her dude. I'll know if you didn’t..."