- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just want to say a BIG thank you to the reviews that were sent last night :) Totally made me smile. Keep them coming like that, we absolutely LOVE seeing what you think of the story. Here's another chapter for you all.

 

Chapter 42

Riley walked into the kitchen a while later and smiled, seeing Nick help her mom make the salad.
"Wow, so you CAN make food?" She moved over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and smiled as he chuckled.
"He's been very helpful Riley." Her mom smiled at her, making her chuckle.
"Good boy!" She patted his back before walking around the kitchen. "This place hasn't changed at all. It's so weird."
Kate just chuckled and wiped the surfaces down. "Well did you expect it to?"
Riley shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't know what to expect to be honest."


Kate turned around to look at her. "Well it's still the same place. You know you should go see your grandmother. She will be happy your here."
Riley smiled. "Is she ok?"
"Your gran? Oh you know what she's like, 70 years old and thinks she's still 50. She's fine. Been dating, which your father hates."
Riley smiled. "I can't wait to see her."
"You should go now before dinner. I'll send Teagan down to you when it's ready. You too Nick, Gran will want to meet you too."

Riley looked over at Nick, who looked nervous. "No need to be nervous babe. She will love you, and probably try to steal you from me. Come on." She walked over and took his hand before walking him towards the front door.
"Wait, i need the car keys."
Riley giggled. "No you don't. She live's across the street." Nick looked at her confused but laced his fingers with her as she guided him out of the door.


“How did it go with your dad baby?” Nick asked as soon as they were far enough away from the house for anyone to hear them.
“Ok I think. I'm just expecting him to say or do something you know? It feels so good to be home though. I can’t describe it.” she smiled making Nick smile as well.
“I’m so happy for you baby. So happy you have a loving family even though things have been hard they seem to be getting better. And your little sister is a trip. She’s been teasing me since we got in the kitchen.” he laughed slightly. “So..uhmm your 70 year old grandma is DATING?? For real?” he asked as he pulled her around a corner before pulling her against his body with a smirk.


“Yeah, she goes online to find men her age too. At least she did last time I saw her. It’s kinda funny. She will probably know who you are too. You should see her music collection.” Riley grinned and let Nick hug her close. “I wanna ask mom if I can take Lucas out tomorrow. Is that ok with you?” Nick looked down at Riley and saw the emotion painted across her face.
“Sure babe you don’t have to ask me about things like that you know?”
"I know, I just didn't know if you had anything planned or whatever." She hugged him close and leant up, kissing him softly. "Thank you. For bringing me here."
He kissed her back and smiled. "Baby, your very welcome. Thank you for introducing me to your family."


She giggled and pulled back slightly. "Wait until you've met my Gran, then see if you'll still be thanking me." She laughed and pulled him in the direction of her grans house. They walked down the small driveway to a house before knocking on the door.


Nick chuckled when he heard someone swearing from behind the door before it swung open and a woman who didnt look a day over 60 answered.
"What the...Riley!!!" The woman pulled Riley into a tight hug. "It's so good to see you! And my my...you brought a gift." She let go of Riley and grabbed Nick's hand, pulling him closer.
"Your even more cuter in real life. " She patted his cheek before looking at Riley and taking her hand, as well as Nick's. "Come inside. We have catching up to do."
Nick looked at Riley and laughed as her gran pulled them inside the house.

“I told you she would knew who you were.” Riley laughed but let go of her gran’s hand and moved over to Nick sliding her arm around him. They all walked into the living room and sat down.
Nick looked around the room which looked nothing like his grandparents house. It was modern and very up to date. There weren’t even any random things laying around that old people usually saved for memories sake.

For the next hour Nick laughed more than he could remember. There was no doubt that Riley’s grandmother was insane. She knew just about everything about his music. Mostly because of Teagan, but he was still slightly impressed.
He felt at ease in her house so when Riley’s mom came over to let them know that dinner was done he felt himself get nervous again. He still hadn’t really spoken to Riley’s father, and he had a feeling he would be grilled about his intentions for the rest of the evening, not that he hadn’t dealt with that before, but he wasn’t in the mood for it.

Nick stood up when Riley did and smiled at her gran when she stood up and took his hand. "Before you leave come back around. No Riley, just you. I want to show you something."
Riley groaned. "Gran."
"Oh shush! Now go have your dinner before your father has a hernia attack and I'll see you later." She hugged Riley and Nick before letting them go.

Nick waited till they were outside and pulled RIley close and they walked back to the house. "Your gran is a trip."
Riley chuckled. "So you still thanking me for letting you meet my family?"
"Hell yea. They are a big part of you." He kissed the side of her head and tickled her slightly as they walked back down the drive of her parents house.

***

Riley yawned and looked over at Nick, who had been stuck in a conversation about the Tampa Bay Bucs with her dad for the past hour or so. She had been lounged across the sofa with Thomas laying across her chest sleeping. It felt slightly surreal, being sat in her parents house with her boyfriend, and no one was shouting or causing an arguement. Danny hadn't been home, but then her mom had mentioned something about him having his own place, so she wouldn't blame him for not coming back that night.


The phone rang, making her jump slightly and she sat up, moving Thomas onto her arm before looking up at Nick and her dad, who were both watching her.
"What?"
Nick just smiled and kept looking at her whilst her dad stood up. "It's best he gets put down now, otherwise he will be too used to being carried." He took Thomas from her before walking out of the room, leaving them alone.
She immediatly moved from the couch she was on to Nick's lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you." She leant forward and kissed him, sliding her tongue into his mouth, making him chuckle.
"I love you too baby”


"Nick, that was gran on the phone. She asked if you could go over and see her. Alone. Her orders." Kate walked into the room and chuckled, seeing Riley roll her eyes and climb off Nick.
"You'd best go, but don't believe a word she says about me. It's all not true!" She looked at Nick as he stood up and brushed his jeans down.
"I'll be the judge of that baby. See you soon." He kissed her softly before leaving the house and heading out to her Gran's house.