- Text Size +
Chapter 45

Riley smiled to herself as she watched Nick sleep next to her. They hadn't left the bed since they came back from dinner the night before, and had wasted the whole day just being together, sleeping and talking.
She had been trying to ignore the fact she was hungry for the past hour she had been laying in Nick's arms just watching him sleep, but couldn’t fight it anymore. She moved out of his arms carefully and pulled on one of his t-shirts before walking out the room and heading downstairs.


She was halfway through pouring herself some cereal in a bowl when she heard voices. She froze and walked to the kitchen doorway slowly to see shadows outside the door. She jumped when a key turned in the door before it swung open and a few guys walked in.
The two In front caught sight of her stood in the doorway in Nick's t-shirt, which was oversized on her and whistled.
"What do we have here?"
Riley felt her face flush and knew she was blushing. She recognized one of the guys at the front as Nick's friend who rented the house. She also recognized him from some of the photos on the walls.
She went to move back into the kitchen when a guy in the back said her name.


"Riley?"

She looked up and gasped. "Danny."

“Mom said you were home but why are you half naked in Andy’s kitchen?”
Riley felt the need to roll her eyes at Danny. He seemed less than happy about her being home. Something that didn’t surprise her, but she would have at least expected him to look somewhat happy to see her.
“I’m staying here with my boyfriend, and last time I checked none of these guys were named Andy. What are YOU doing here?” She shot back getting defensive. One of the guys in the back chuckled as he looked Riley up and down making her want to slap him.
“We’re crashing here for a few days. Andy said it was fine.” Danny smiled smugly.
“It’s not fine. Not at all. Leave please?” Riley groaned and hinted towards the four guys stood next to Danny.


“YOO NICK… Get your ass outta bed bro!” The guy who had just eyed her up called out as he made himself at home in the kitchen.
“Nick’s here?” Danny questioned and Riley frowned slightly wondering how well Nick knew her brother without being aware of it.

"Yes Nick's here. What are you doing here?" Nick walked down the stairs rubbing his eyes as he looked at the groups of guys in the hallway.
"Babe, go upstairs. I'll sort these guys out." He smiled at her, but she stayed fixed to the spot.
"Oh hell not your not calling her babe." Danny shot an angry look at both Riley and Nick. She sighed but Nick just looked at him irritated and confused.
"Who are you to tell me what i call my girlfriend, Danny!"


Nick gasped after he said Danny's name and looked over at Riley, who looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her up.
"She's my sister Nick. My kid sister."
Riley snorted and walked past them. "Less of the kid Danny. And like you care what i do." She turned to look at the other guys and threw them dirty looks. "I thought i told you to leave?"

Nick took her by the hand and guided her up the stairs before walking back down. "You heard her. Leave."
"Andy said we could stay."
"Yea, well i own this house, and i say you leave. Danny, kitchen. Me and you need to talk." Nick gave them looks like he meant what he said, and as the other guys left Danny walked into the kitchen and grabbed a soda from the fridge before sitting by the table.

Nick joined him in the kitchen a few minutes later and sat across from him.
"You’re banging my sister? That’s pretty fucked up isn't it? Don't you remember how you beat the shit out of me after i made out with Angel?"
Nick glared at him. "She was fucking fifteen years old Danny. Riley has a mind of her own, and i didn’t even realize that she was your sister until now and that changes nothing!"
 
“You are not having my baby sister man. That is not happening. I know what you are like with girls, and she can do better than you.” Danny spat back.
“Right… you are leaving. It was nice seeing ya again dude but this won’t work. Riley can make up her own mind and you are meant to be a friend of mine so if this is how you are going to behave then I’ll talk to ya when you can be mature about it!” Nick said in an amusing tone wondering how this guy could even be related to Riley.

Danny went to say something but Nick held his hand up as he shook his head. “Just leave dude… We can have this conversation later. And as for your sister… She came back here to fix everything with her family. Give her a break. She’s had it tough.”
Danny rolled his eyes. "She made it tough for herself Nick. God don't you remember the amount of crap we all went through at home when she fucked off. Don't you remember me telling you about my sister who was missing? Well that's her! So excuse me for being just a bit angry at the fact that not only is she back in town, she's with you too!"
He stood up and looked past Nick, seeing Riley stood in the doorway, now fully dressed and with her arms crossed.

"Look Riley.."
"Cut the crap Danny. What is this? Why are you here? Staying here when you have an apartment in Orlando? Do Mom and Dad know your still hanging out with those creeps?" She looked at him, less than impressed with his attitude.
"I'm here because a few of us were going to have drinks and relax, watch a game or two. Yea i have my own apartment, but i don't always have to be there. Mom and Dad don't need to know anything. Not like you kept them in check whilst you slept your way across America."

Nick went to say something when Riley stopped him. "Don't babe, he's not worth it."
Danny started laughing, making them both turn to him. "God Nick youre so gullible. Even after all these years of all those bitches using you, and you get wrapped around my sisters little finger. She fucked her way to Nashville, at least that’s what we got told. My sister couldn’t keep her legs shut."

Nick went to look at Riley and was stunned when she pushed past him and slapped Danny straight across the face. "Believe what you want, but i never slept my way nowhere!!"
Nick moved up next to Riley and rested his hand on the small of her back. “Think it’s time you left Danny. I'm getting tired of this so if you wanna have a civil conversation with Riley do it when you got your head screwed on the right way alright?” he pulled Riley close to himself sliding both of his arms around her waist with a smile.
Without a word Danny turned around and walked out of the door surprising them both by slamming the door shut.

Nick tightened his hold around Riley as soon as Danny was gone hugging her tightly while he kissed along her neck softly making her sigh. “You ok baby?” he asked softly while his hands moved under her top and onto her stomach.
Riley didn’t answer and when Nick looked down at her he noticed tears sliding down her face.
“Aww baby come here.” Nick sighed then turned Riley around in his arms so he could hold her. “Big brothers can be dicks sometimes baby…” he mumbled against her neck as he rubbed his hands along her back to soothe her.
“Please don’t believe him…Please?” Riley begged as she bit back a sob. “I haven’t been sleeping around. I’m not like that… Honest!”

She looked up at him and he could see fear in her face. "Baby, i never even thought it."
Riley buried her face in his chest and sobbed quietly, making him hold her tightly and rub her back in an effort to calm her down.
"Why would he say that? Why would people think that?! I'm not a whore! I'm not!!!" She moved back from Nick and wiped her face, trying to calm down.
“Baby ignore that. Danny and I have one hell of a history. He was trying to get back at me and not you.. He was basically trying to scare me away. He was Aaron’s age when he tried to get Angel into bed. I caught him removing her clothes and she was 15. He had her so drunk that she didn’t know where she was. I beat the shit out of him back then and ever since he’s been a dick to me.  Ignore him babe. Really I’ll deal with the loser.” Nick said as he smiled down at Riley letting his hands move to her butt.
“You weren’t actually worried that I’d believe any of his shit were you?”

Riley blushed and buried her face back into Nick’s chest. “People usually believe what Danny says.” she sighed.
“Baby… around Tampa.. Nobody believes what Danny says. People hate him here. He has the worst rep ever. Why would he come hide out at my house for days instead of going out?” Nick chuckled.
Riley shrugged and sat up running her hands though her hair before sighing. "I just...i didn't want bad vibes, and now he's gonna go home and say we threw him out and I'm gonna be the bad guy. Why can't things just be normal?" She looked at Nick, almost as if he could tell her the answer.

He pulled her face closer and kissed her softly. "With us baby, it will be. We're happy together right?"
Riley smiled and nodded.
"Then thats all that matters baby. Your Mom and Dad were happy to see you. Don't listen to Danny. He's just jealous babe."
"Jealous?" She looked at him confused, making him smile.
"Jealous you got out of Orlando and made something of yourself without the help of mommy and daddy." Nick smiled even more when Riley suddenly had a wide smile on her face.

“See that’s the Riley I know. Liking that smile a whole lot better. Now lets ignore that stupid brother of yours and have the rest of our day to ourselves. We never should have gotten out of bed but now that we are…” he smirked at her and picked her up carrying her outside towards the pool.
As soon as Riley realized what he was doing she started clinging to him for dear life. “Relax baby I’m not gonna throw you in….. alone….” He grinned before jumping right into the pool with the both of them.