- Text Size +
I'm Sorry

I was up in our room packing up my things when he had gotten back to the hotel room from the studio. I heard the front door close and him opening the bedroom door. Me I was sitting on the bed folding clothes, placing them into my suitcase and trying not to cry anymore. “Baby we finished our... Ally what are you doing?” He asked stopping in his tracks. “I’m leaving.” I said placing the last of my things in the suitcase. “You’re leaving, but why?” “Nick I can’t deal with this anymore. The lies and the cheating.” “What are you talking about? I’ve never...” He started as he walked over to me. “I know.” I said standing up and grabbing the bag. “Then what’s this all about?” “Because I have.” I said not looking directly at him as I stepped out of the room. “What a minute. Are you telling me that... you... you cheated on me?”

I placed my bag by the door and crossed my arms. “How long has this been going on?” “Back during the time you were promoting your solo album.” I said dropping my head. “That was years ago. But why are you telling me this now? I don’t understand?” I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. “Because I’ve been still seeing him.” “How? When was the last time you saw this bastard?” He said getting upset. I shot my head up and spun around to look at him. “First off Nick you don’t have the right to call him that! He’s always been there for me when you’re not. I’ve seen you flirting with other women when you think that I’m not around.” “But I’ve never cheated on you! I would never do that. Baby I love you.” He said in a whisper as he walked up behind me and placed his hands on my arms. I tried to keep the tears from forming but it was just hard. “But... I don’t.” I whispered.

I pulled out of his grip and looked around the room to see if I had forgotten anything. “Ally can’t we work on this? Can we at least talk?” I was now looking out the window watching the people on the street below. I just shock my head. “I don’t think we can fix this one.” I said sighing. “Why, why not?” “Because.” “Because why? Ally I don’t want to lose you.” “Nick because I’m pregnant!” I said heading back to the door. Nick just stood there by the window shocked. He was speechless. “That’s why it’s over. My lies, my cheating, my deceitfulness. I can’t lie to myself anymore. I can’t lie to you. I’m sorry. I can’t be with you when my heart belongs to someone else.” “Allison...” Wow as long as I’ve known him he has never called me by my full first name. So I carefully turned to look at him. “Does he feel the same about you? Does he know about...?” “Me being pregnant? Yeah I just told him after I got off the phone with my doctor.” “When did you find out?” “This afternoon at about three-thirty.” Nick looked at me oddly. “That was about the same time AJ got a call.” Then that’s when I saw it. The hurt and anger building up in him. “AJ.” I turned and headed back to the door.

I picked up my suitcase and was grabbing for the knob when he spoke. “Why him?” “Because he was there for me.” “But why couldn’t you tell me? Why couldn’t you have talked to me about any of this?” “Nick because you were too caught up in your own life to even see what wasn’t in front of you.” “But what about me? What am I going to do?” I now opened the door. “Wait. Answer me one more question before you do go.” “Okay.” “If you haven’t loved me for... I don’t know how long. Why did you stay with me?” I took in a sharp intake. “Because I do love you. I’m just not in love with you.” I said heading down the hall. “Will I ever see you again?” He yelled. “Everyday because I’m not going that far.” I said before stepping into the elevator and heading down to AJ’s floor.

When I got to my new destination I gently knocked on his door. I could hear rustling going on and then a thump. That’s when I heard him swear. When he finally got to the door I heard the chain and then the door unlock. Slowly it opened. “Alex.” I said as I just broke down and cried. AJ flew open his door and grabbed me into his arms. “We did it. It’s over. We can now be together.” He whispered into my ear as he ran his hand across my back. “Then why does it hurt so much?” “Because you’ve been with him for almost seven years.” “How did Rachel handle it?” “She kind of knew already. I was just surprised. She said that it was bound to happen sooner or later.” “But did she know this was going on before her?” “She said she had an idea that it was.” “And she wasn’t mad?” “No. She was calm about the whole thing. She said she saw that I seemed happier when you were around and thought that I deserved better than her. So she’s the one who ended it.” He pulled back picked up my suitcase and we headed into his room.

He pulled away and headed over to the mini fridge to grab a soda. “So how did Nick take it? Not good I bet.” He asked handing me a can. “Not after I told him that I was having your baby. He was even more hurt then with me lying about cheating.” “But how did he know it was me?” “The phone call earlier and the tone in your voice. He guessed right away.” I said sitting down on the couch. “So, how are you doing other wise?” I just sat there looking at the can that I had in my lap. I ran my finger across the top when AJ moved closer and placed his hand on my thigh. That’s when I quickly closed my eyes and took in a breath. “Ally?” I opened my eyes. “Sorry.” I whispered. “Baby you don’t have to be sorry.” He whispered into my ear before placing kisses on my neck. He also started fidgeting with the buttons on my blouse. When he got the first one undone I had to stop him. “Alex wait.” I said placing my hand on his. “What’s wrong?” “I can’t do this right now.” He pulled back to look at me. “But I thought?” “You have know idea how much I want to, but...” “You’re right. I’m sorry. I understand.” He said pulling away. “Can we just go into the bedroom and hold each other?” He turned back around and gave me one of his famous grins. Then he walked back over to me and put out his hand. I placed mine in his and we quietly walked into the bedroom.

The End