- Text Size +
Chapter One

Meriah's POV

“Meriah, honey, me and your father have decided where to go on vacation this summer.” That is all I needed to hear.

“Let me guess…you wanna go to Tampa?” Hi, I think that I should introduce myself. My name is Meriah Pate and I am 17 years old. 5'9”, short wavy brown hair with red highlights. I have blueish green eyes. I have a 15 month old son named Joseph, who I love more than anything. I don't talk to his father anymore than I have to. I lived in Jamestown, New York 'till I was 6 years old and then we moved to Tampa and lived there 'till I was 13.

“Meriah, how did you know? Please don't tell me you 'just happened to overhear' my phone conversation with Jane,” my mom said while trying to look mad, but couldn't.

“Guilty,” was all I was able to say because we both knew that is what happened.

~A few days later~

I'm still trying to come back to reality when I hear my choir teacher yell “Meriah, would you please pay attention to the front of the class?!” After I “obey” the teacher, I hand my best friend, Elizabeth “Beth” Johnson, a note asking her to come over after school today to help me pack for my trip that is in one week. Which starts the weekend after graduation.

Nick's POV

“Mom, exactly what am I supposed to do all summer? Well, besides trying not to go all red in the face every time she walks into a room?” I mumble the last bit to myself while trying very hard, but failing, not to let mom and BJ know true feelings about this family coming to visit.

“Nick, you can be nice. Oh, and why don't you have the guys over to meet them,” mom told me. “Now, go play basketball with Brian. I think he is waiting in the living room.”

“Thanks mom.” I exit the room to go retrieve Brian to go play some hoops out back.

~Meanwhile back inside~

“Do you think he still likes Meriah? He is going to be confused when he finds out who Joseph is to them.”

“Yes BJ. I know he still likes her. I am not looking forward to the time when he finds out the truth about Joey though. Let's just hope that everything goes smoothly for this visit.”