- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A special shout out to Miss Kris, who's been on a butt about this story..girl...i hope you like it ;)
Chapter 10

He took a deep breath, smiling as the salty air filled his longs, thinking that taking a boat tour around the islands with D was probably the best idea. There was no Kris, and his cell wouldn’t get service on this tour, so he couldn’t call her. At the same time, he couldn’t call his girlfriend either.

“No bumming today, AJ.”

“I’m not. I’m taking a nice deep breath and looking at the water! It’s gorgeous.”

“Yes it is. Refreshing too. Wasn’t a cruise what your woman wanted for the honeymoon?”

“Yes. And I’m thinking she might be right.” Alex looked out over the water, trying to be happy, trying to keep his mind focused, and failing miserably. He glanced over at Howie, his eyebrow raised as Howie took a couple of pictures with his phone.

“What man?” Howie asked, feeling AJ’s eyes on him.

“Nothing. Just wondering why you’re taking pictures. You’ve seen this view a couple time’s right?” Howie paused and passed Alex his phone.

“Thought I’d spoil the fans and put it on Twitter. No big deal.”

“Other than they will know where we are.” Howie crossed his arms and smirked.

“Uh, they always know where we are before we do. Besides, don’t you think your girl is making it known?”

“Kris wouldn’t tell a soul.” Howie’s eyebrows shot up at that and AJ blanched. “That’s not what I meant. I mean…”

“Save it man, you’re ass is not able to recover from that.” Howie took his phone back and sent the pictures to his twitter, waiting for a few moments, than smiling as he got a text back. “Looks like your woman…I mean soon to be wife wants to say hi,” Howie said, shoving his phone into AJ’s chest. AJ held onto the phone, groaning.

“SHIT!” He leaned on the edge of the railing, looking down at the turquoise water, wanting to kick his ass. That was more proof he needed to stay the hell away from Kris. If something that simple could come out, who’s to say what more could come out? And around whom! Right now, Resa did not need to know about Kris, nor did Kris need to know about Resa.

Ah, shit, why the hell was he playing this game? Wait, no, not game. He hadn’t cheated yet! Although he had thought about it, but outside of that kiss, there was no direct intimate contact. So he was safe. If it crossed that line…he hung his head, not trying to deny it. It wasn’t a matter of if; it was a matter of when. And yes, that made him sound like an ass. He looked at D’s phone, seeing the text, letting out a breath and texting her back.

-----
He stepped off the boat, turning his phone back on, sighing as he saw three messages from Kris and asking to go out tonight. No! A big no! But, he knew once he started talking to her, there wasn’t anyway that he was going to stop. And ignoring her, after that, just wasn’t an option. So, he shoved the phone back in his pocket, not bothering to reply.

“Man, we’re still hitting up that club tonight, right?” Alex glance at D and nodded. They had talked it over and the best idea was really for them to leave a day early. So, tonight they were going to party.

“Yeah, we are. I’m gonna go on up to the room and rest dude. I’ll see you in a bit.” He nodded to D and made his way up to the hotel room, throwing his phone on the night stand, crashing onto the bed.

-----
“Resa, I want to dazzle him.” Kris leaned against the headboard, biting her lip, her heart pounding at the mere thought of thinking of Alex. On the other end of the phone, the other woman smiled and laughed.

“Than dazzle him.”

“But I have no idea how.”

“Kristal, you’re very beautiful, play it up. I know you have some type of sexy outfit that you brought. Tight pants, short skirt, skimpy top. Show them assets! You’re very good at that. At least, you were when we went to the club a couple times.”

“Yes, that was me. And do you have a point?”

“Be that woman. Style your hair, add some make up, dab some sexy perfume. Land the man of your dreams honey! You’re amazing, and I’m sure he’s already eating out of the palm of your hand! Flirt, catch his fancy. Come on, weren’t you the one who stole my boyfriend six years ago?”

“That was not me.”

“Bull shit girl. You were sexy, you’re still sexy. And any man who denies you is a fool!” Kris sighed, yet knowing her friend was right. She had it in her, it had been dead for so long though.

“You have faith?”

“Don’t I always? I’ll be looking forward to the invitation hon!”

“Okay, okay, I’m getting off the phone, than getting ready. I know the club he’s hitting up tonight. Theresa?”

“Yes, Miss Kris?”

“I really am sorry about Bobby. I know you loved him.” Theresa sighed.

“You know what Kris, things happen for a reason. You didn’t know he was my man, so it’s not like I can blame you right? Besides, I have my fiancé now and I love him. He’s the only man I would and could want.” Kris listened to her friend, hearing a hint of something in her voice, but not being able to place it. And Kris knew that if she started asking questions, Theresa would just about ignore her.

“Good, I’m glad than. Listen, I’m letting you go. Have a restful night. Oh, and I love the picture of that dress. It’s a must! I’ll talk to you tomorrow!” With that, Kris hung up her phone, thinking about her attire, than jumping off the bed and running to the closet.

-----
AJ leaned against the bar, taking a sip of his coke, scanning over the crowd. He was proud of himself. Granted, he picked up his phone countless of times to try and call Kris, but each and every time, he just looked at the wallpaper of him and his soon to be wife and set the phone back down. He hadn’t talked to her in a good few hours, and he was happy. Well, no, not exactly. He let out a breath, watching Howie come up to his side.

“I saw the picture of the wedding dress that Theresa wants.” Howie’s eyes watched him closely, seeing any tale tell sign.

“Yeah, mom said they went looking yesterday. Found a couple, but none that Resa was extra excited about it.”

“And you? Do you know what you want?” Alex shrugged, not really looking for anything. In a lot of things, he was leaving it all up to Resa. That may have not been that smart, but dealing with weddings just wasn’t his thing.

“I have a couple ideas, nothing big.” He set his glass down, turning his back on the swaying crowd, than pausing as he felt the tingle race down his back. He glanced over his shoulder, spotting her in her tight black jeans, her gold metallic top that was more than low cut and both her hair and make up done to a T. To say she was stunning was an understatement. To say he wasn’t going to be a jackass and betray his woman would be the biggest lie. That “when he did” just came up to bite him in the ass!