- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
a big shout out to Kris, hope it's what you wanted and what your dreams are made of! happy belated birthday!
Chapter 11
Her eyes meet his and she could feel the heat racing over her. This was the only man she had ever wanted, could ever want. She bite her lip, slowly making her way to him, caring about no ones eyes but his.

“Hey Mr. McLean. No ladies hanging on your arm tonight?” His eyes raked over her and damn it if he wasn’t throbbing.

“Nope, not tonight. Although, to be honest, I’m hoping you’re the only one that stays.” He looked up and over her shoulder, seeing Howie there with his eyebrow raised. Alex smirked, shrugged, than took her arm and lead her on the dance floor, pulling her into his arms and pressing her up against his body. He needed her to know exactly what she was doing to him.

----
Howie watched the couple for a moment, his anger rising at his so called friend. He shook his head, feeling his phone vibrate inside his jeans and pulled it out, groaning at the caller id. Theresa was the last person he wanted to talk to, for he knew he’d be spilling everything. He shoved it back in his pocket, did his shot of Tequila and turned, running into another girl.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. Not the first time I lost a drink.” She smiled and her green eyes sparkled. “I’m Julie.”

“I’m Howie. Here, let me buy you another.”

“I’d like that, thanks.” Howie did the once over on her.

“From around here?”

“Uh, yeah, how could you tell?”

“You’re tan. Most people who spend all the time on the beach are pretty tan.”

“So does that mean you spend all the time on the beach?” She gave him her half smile, and he knew he just lost all thought of AJ and Kris for tonight. He returned her smile as he turned back to the bar, singling for the bartender.

-----
AJ watched the whole scene, smiling to himself. He tried to ignore the stares he was getting from D, but he couldn’t stop the shivers that were racing down his spine. Not that he wouldn’t have his one night with Kris, but the less AJ thought of D and Resa, the better he was to enjoy it.

He watched D strike up a conversation, knowing he was fully occupied. At least he knew Howie hadn’t talked to Resa. He was positive that’s who called and his heart almost stopped. But, even all of that wasn’t enough to stop him. He smiled as Kris walked out, wrapping her arm around his waist.

“Wanna dance?”

“Nah, Kris, let’s get out of here.” Her eyes held a gleam as she took his hand and lead him outside.

-----
Ten minutes later, he was standing beside her bed, his heart pounding as he just stared at those gorgeous blue eyes. He swallowed hard, his hands running over her arms, her shoulders, softly cupping her cheeks as his head descended and his lips brushed her, once, twice, three times before fully capturing, giving her, and him, the chance to get away. Her arms wrapped around his waist, her fingers barely brushing along his spine. He shivered, letting out a low groan, his tongue darting out and running over her lower lip. His hands released her cheeks and settled on her hips, drawing her closer to his body. Her hands slipped up, her nails running over his neck. Damn, did she know him! His kisses became more urgent, more seeking, more demanding, and not once did she back down, her own kisses returning his desire.

His hands moved along her back, inching up the gold top, letting his fingers move along her silky skin before breaking the kiss to remove her top, flinging it aside. He stepped back, his heart pounding, his desire flowing and his eyes darkening, taking in every last inch. He groaned again, falling to his knees before, pressing the tiniest and softest of kisses over her, her fingers moving and clutching onto his hair. His fingers worked the latch on her pants and pushed them down over her hips and than down her thighs, finally making it past her calves and feet, kissing back up.

He stood back up, her arms wrapping around his neck as her eyes held his, his arms quickly sliding around her and lifting her up, laying her gently upon the bed. She smiled, catching his heart strings and tugging even more. Yes, he was bidding her a silent goodbye in the morning, but that was still hours away. He was going to make sure he thoroughly enjoyed ever last hour, minute, second, he could with her. His hands brushed over her body, his head descending once more as he crushed his lips to hers.

Her hands urgently worked down his pants, her nails drifting over his thighs but before she could touch him and make him explode, he grabbed her wrist, wanting to make their first time slow. They had all night for quick, or hard, but this, this he wanted to be sweet, gentle, and complete and total love making. He pulled back, staring once more into her eyes as he his hands captured hers, interlacing their fingers and lifting them above her head, his lips just as gentle as his body as he finally moved within in her.

-----
He sat on the edge of the bed, his hands, his body, his heart all itching to hold, touch, caress, and kiss her body once more. But he couldn’t. He wouldn’t. He glanced at the window, seeing the start of the sun rise peek through the shades. He held back his groan as he lifted the blanket up around her shoulders, his fingers whooshing across her skin. He stared at her sweet face before setting the note on his pillow and walking out the door. Slowly, he made his way up to his room, grateful that he had the insight to pack everything so it was a quick grab and go. A few minutes later he was waiting on Howie, smirking as he came down wearing his shades.

“Didn’t realize the sun was that bright, Howie.”

“Shut up. It was a late night, thank you.”

“I can tell. Woman left her mark too. Better hope you got cover girl in your bag,” Alex joked as he pulled back Howie’s top.

“Shut up and get in McLean. I want to get home.” AJ’s heart stopped at that, glancing up at her window before getting into the car and heading to the airport.

She woke up, a huge smile on her face, turning to greet the man yet frowning as she saw nothing.

“Alex?” She had hoped that he would be here, that that total amazing night was not just a one night stand. She held the sheet to her chest, scanning the room, her eyes finally landing on the note. Her heart sunk as she opened it, reading the flowing script. ‘My precious Kris, I hate to leave, but I have an earlier flight than I imagined. Please don’t take this the wrong way. You’re my best friend and I love you, probably more than I should. Last night was one of the best...no...the best night of my life; don’t think negative thoughts of it. I’ll call you when I land in California. Hopefully you aren’t mad, for I would love for you to visit me. We have a few more weeks of laziness before we start working again. Love you, Alex.’. She grinned even more as she grabbed her cell phone and punching three on her speed dial, hoping her best friend would answer quickly.

-----
She sat at the airport, checking her watch for the tenth time, not understanding why her fiancé was getting an earlier flight, but not really caring. She had missed him way to much. She stood up and started to pace, nearly jumping out of her skin when her phone vibrated in her pocket.

“Hello?”

“Hey you! Miss me?”

“Ugh, Kris, what happened to calling me back?”

“I got busy.” Theresa stopped her pacing as she smirked.

“You did. Who did you get busy with?”

“That guy I was telling you about it. He’s name is Alex and he’s so cute. I did tell you his name right?”

“Yeah…wait, maybe you didn’t. So, what’s going on?”

“He had to leave. But he invited me out to his place, said he had down time for a bit. Girl, I’m coming to California!”

“Sweet, as of when?”

“When I call him and make plans.”

“Screw that. You’re coming out with me. I told you, they go on tour and you are so coming with me. I can not be the only female. They will drive me insane.”

“Fine, fine, I’ll be there. I suppose I should go get dressed.”

“Yeah, my man’s plane is coming in. So, just call me when you get here and I’ll pick you up.

“Deal.”

“Good. Bye girl.”

“Bye.” With that, Theresa turned around, seeing AJ step into the waiting area and flew into his arms. He caught her, his arms wrapping around her waist.

“I missed you!” She kissed him softly than pulling away, not wanting to cause a scene. But as she did, her watch caught onto his shirt, pulling it away and giving her perfect access to see the dark spot on his shoulder. She frowned, mentally shaking myself. AJ wouldn’t cheat, so she knew that couldn’t be a hickey.

“Who were you talking to baby?”

“My best friend. She’s coming out with me. I’m bringing her on tour, no matter what you say. I am not going alone. Seeing how LeighAnne isn’t going.”

“No problem. What’s her name?”

“Kris.”