- Text Size +
Chapter 14
AJ shot D a glare, shaking his head in the tiniest movement than glanced to his right, showing D that Resa didn’t know anything so to keep his mouth silent!

“You know Kris, D?” Resa ask quietly, everyone else in a private conversation.

“Uh…meet her in Hawaii.” Resa sat down next to Nick and frowned. If D was that upset by seeing Kris, there really was more to this story than what was being told.

-----
Howie lifted his brows, almost shooting out of his seat as he watched the on coming trio. How the hell AJ didn’t get the balls to tell his fiancé that he cheated was beyond him. And now to find out it was her best friend. Resa must be spitting nails, even if she didn’t know the whole story. If both AJ and Kris thought they would pull this over on her, they were sadly mistaken.

When this came to a head, he wanted to be there. And boy did he know it would. Hell, behind her back, they were still sneaking glances at each other. You could feel the attraction between Kris and AJ. And yet, either Resa wasn’t paying attention, or she was just ignoring it. He glanced at Nick who seemed to be glancing between the three people, his blue eyes silently questioning and slowly turning to him. D just shrugged. AJ had already told every guy here what happened, hoping to get some good advice, and each guy told him the same thing, tell Resa. Of course, being AJ, he just ignored them and tried to pretend it never happened. But AJ had changed, even if Resa didn’t notice, they certainly did.

And for that, his heart went out to Resa, knowing just how much Resa loved AJ, not that he deserved it, especially now. He sighed, taking a drink of his beer, his eyes trailing over her. He loved his best friend, but damn, he wished at times that he could punch AJ to knock some sense into that man. Was Kris worth it? Personally, he didn’t think so. But, than again, personal feelings might be clouding that judgment.

“And this is Bri and LeighAnne. Than Nick. Kevin couldn’t be here. And you know D, did I mention he’s single?” D’s eyes flew to Resa. He stared intently for a moment, seeing the wheels turning, and the anger that was hidden just below the surface.

“Hi Kris.” No use in pretending not to know her.

“Hi again D.” Kris took the spot next to him and he turned to her, offering her a smile.

“Was the flight okay?”

“Yes, it was thank you.”

“And AJ hasn’t been any trouble?” Kris glanced at Alex than back at D, shaking her head.

“Not really. Just being typical AJ.”

“Ah, a pain in the ass. Did he say he’d show you around?”

“He didn’t, but Resa did. Well, at least before the tour.”

“Yes, the tour. Let me give ya some advice,” motioning for the waitress, “water Kris?”

“Yes, thank you. So, advice huh?”

“Don’t get into Nick’s games. He has them organized. The only thing that is, of course.” Howie chuckled as Nick glared at him. “Than Brian, don’t touch is movies. Baylee always gets into them and mixes them up and it drives him crazy!”

“Check, movies and games. What about AJ and yourself?”

“Me, just let me sleep. I haven’t changed much. Love my sleep. As for AJ,” grins as he dips his head closer, “he has a collection of nasty magazines, do not mess with them.”

“Resa knows?”

“Yes she does. It’s just funny to see Alex look at it.” At that, Kris cracked up, taking a sip of her water, her eyes glued to the man she loved.

-----
Resa watched the exchange before settling back against the seat, knowing the man next to her was watching that as well. She sighed as she unfolded her menu, but truly saw nothing that caught her fancy, which was very much unlike her.

“So, D, how do you know Kris?” Brian asked, taking a sip of his water, not having heard the first exchange. Howie and Kris both turned to Brian and Howie cleared his throat.

“Meet her in Hawaii.” Brian’s eyes opened wide as he started to choke. LeighAnne rubbed his back, looking at D, not knowing what was going on. Resa watched the whole scene through narrowed eyes. It seemed like every guy at the damn table knew something happened in Hawaii, and by their reactions alone to everything, the puzzle pieces were starting to fall into place for her too.