- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just wanted to say...enjoy! and when i come back, I should have more ready to be posted! Love you all, and thank you for the feedback!
Chapter 22

“Wanna go sit on the porch for a minute?” AJ whispering in Resa’s ear, smirking a little. She glanced at him unable to return his smirk, seeing what he wanted burning in the depths of those gorgeous brown eyes.

“I think we would be missed. It’s not like we are having a huge party you know?”

“I know baby. But come on. I want a real kiss and I know you won’t give it to me in front of everyone.” Inside, AJ knew that was part of the truth. He wanted to kiss his fiancé for all this touching was actually starting to drive him crazy with desire. He understood why Brian was always touching LeighAnne now. But, the other part had to do with the other female. He just didn’t want her to see him kiss someone else like that, let alone her best friend.

“Fine AJ, I’ll meet you out front in just a minute.” She giggled a little as she made her way into the kitchen to go out the front door while he made his way around the house, seeing the three remaining guests talking. He smiled a little more as he made his way to the front porch, sitting down on the steps. He could feel his pulse quicken a little by this little get away and he had to believe that it was a good sign. That he still loved and wanted Resa.

“You look a little lonely McLean, what kind of woman would do a thing like that?” He chuckled a little, holding onto her hands as she placed them onto his shoulders.

“I am lonely. As for the woman who would do that, it doesn’t matter. You are here after all.” He tilted his head back and looked up at her. She grinned and leaned down, kissing him briefly before moving around and sitting on his lap, her arms sliding around his neck. His lips, once again, sought hers out, his hands slowly rubbing her back, wanting to feel every little part of her. His tongue slowly slid along her lips, enjoying the sweet taste of both her lips and the last little bit of her wine cooler. He groaned, pulling her closer as her tongue flicked across his, her fingers sliding into his hair. He would never be able to express how her fingers alone could feel so amazing there and turn him on. Yet this woman in his arms could easily make him jell-o by doing that. And boy did he love that.
His fingers slide under her shit and brushed her skin, feeling the lines of her ‘tramp stamp’. Although, the tattoo wasn’t sleazy, it was cute and totally sexy. Yes, he knew he was doing the right thing by staying with her. She was that good girl yet bad girl that he not only wanted, but needed. And need her he did! He realized that with the slight pounding of her heart. Granted, his heart did speed up when Kris was around….no, no thinking of another woman when you are kissing your prefect woman. That was plain wrong! Even he knew that.

Resa finally broke the kiss, resting her head against his, her breathing just as erratic as his was. If she didn’t know AJ any better, that almost felt like he was proving something, than again, hat was almost. She knew different, she could feel it. He loved her and men who loved their fiancés don’t just go around cheating on them. Even though it just a kiss, Resa knew better. After all, she had countless kisses with AJ, she knew the difference in his kisses.

She smiled as she leaned forward and rested her forehead against his. She knew that she tell him that, that one kiss probably saved their marriage, even if he didn’t know it.

“AJ?”

“Hmmm?” He started into her eyes and actually started losing himself in them. His Resa was a gem that he had no intention of letting go of, ever. He wanted something, had a wonderful night, but it couldn’t be repeated. And he knew he had to let Kris know. But, he still wanted and still valued her friendship.

“I know this is going to sound strange, but thank you.” She was right, that did sound strange. Why say thank you after a kiss? His brow wrinkled as he pulled back to look at her.

“Thank you for what sweetie?” She saw the play of emotions in his eyes. And she knew that she might shock him, in fact, part of her was hoping that she did.

“Because you have no idea what this one little kiss means to me. I was actually worried that everyone was lying to me and that you and Kris did do something. But the emotion, the love in that kiss, I know that you didn’t do anything. And I’m sorry that I doubted it. I guess there was just so many signs, so many questionable acts, but if you didn’t love me, that kiss would not have been that powerful, that moving.”

“You’re right baby, nothing happened. Resa, I love you and want to marry you, and only you!”

“I know that. But I was scared. Can you really blame me here?” Looking over the situation, no he couldn’t blame her. He smiled again, a true smile and than leaned forward, capturing her lips once more.

-----
Kris leaned back against the wall, her heart pounding. She and D had thought a walk sounded good and started towards the front of the house, but the last thing either one of them thought was that they would walk into something so intimate.
She closed her eyes, her heart shattering even more. She knew and understood that AJ wasn’t hers, but part of her was really hoping that she had a fighting chance. Now, after witnessing that and hearing that talk, she knew that a chance just wasn’t going to happen. She let out her breath, finally opening her eyes as Howie grabbed her hand.

“Come on, the food is almost ready. We can take that walk later and talk.”

“Sounds like a great idea.” She offered him a smile than cracked up as Nick started shouting.

“Hey people, food is READY!” They made their way back into the backyard, watching as Resa and J came through the back door. “Hey Kris, where did you and D take a walk at? Couldn’t have been far, you two weren’t even gone for five minutes.” AJ’s eyes quickly lifted to Kris’s, knowing that the only way to go to the front was by the walkway and he knew that they had to have passed right by the kissing couple.

“We didn’t go far Nick.” AJ looked at Kris; saw the pain written in her eyes. But he also noticed that he hand was entangled within Howie’s. Three emotions raged through him. Anger, because he hurt her, this he could tell; annoyance, because he knew he shouldn’t be feeling these other two emotions; and finally jealousy, because she was showing signs of being with D, when she should be with him!