- Text Size +
Chapter 25

He leaned back in his chair, his ankle resting on his other leg as he thought of many words and sentences and whole phrases that were uttered tonight. Was he in tough spot? Yes. And no. He knew the right thing to do. CONFESS! Not to say that was the easiest thing. But if he wanted a relationship with Resa, he needed to be open and honest with his feelings right now. Maybe, if she knew, he wouldn’t feel like such an ass.

Than again, she if she did know, it was more than likely going to end the relationship. What woman ever wanted to be with a man who cheated? NONE. And that was the problem. He knew there wasn’t a chance in hell that he could live without her. When she didn’t come home, that was proof enough.

He closed his eyes, hoping that some type of music would inspire him, but so far, he had a few lines on his computer and that was about it. Nothing that even sounded good either. He leaned back in the chair, smirking a little as it squeaked. Yes, thanks to him and Resa, they were the cause of the squeak. Though comfortable and big, it wasn’t made for loving purposes. He turned slightly as the door opened and she stood there, her hair down and smiling.

“The light wasn’t on, so I figured you weren’t busy.”

“Not yet. Haven’t come up with anything.”

“You know if you force it sweetie, nothing is going to come period.” She walked in and stood before him.

“I know. I thought I had a beat…”

“But it wasn’t anything?” He nodded a bit, reaching out for her hands. He tugged her down on his lap and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Resa?” She turned a little bit more and smiled at him yet again.

“Yeah?”

“If a man…cheated on you, what would you do?” She sucked in a breath and tilted her head a little, regarding him carefully. He knew that he had to cover all signs, for he couldn’t play that card quite yet. He wasn’t ready to and yes, call him a fool, for he knew he was.

“I suppose, in all truth and fairness, I would wonder why. Did I not please him? Or something like that. Would I leave, I’m not entirely sure. Why do you ask baby?”

“Oh, no reason. I’m just curious is all.” Resa looked at him again, her thoughts going on overdrive. They had already had conversations like this in the past and it hadn’t changed, it wasn’t ever going to. He knew the answers, knew her feelings and her outtakes. So, why ask yet again? That was the push she needed. She may not have 100 percent faith in the cards, but she did need to know something, anything, for she couldn’t keep spinning around and around.


-----
What are you doing?” Resa glanced up and smiled.

“I’m looking at some stuff on Tarot cards.”

“Since when did you start believing in the Tarot cards?” She shrugged than turned back to the laptop.

“I’m not totally positive I believe in them, Nick. But I certainly am curious.”

“You know, Brian would have a fit if you saw you looking at stuff like that.”

“I’m aware. But I’m just curious.” Nick just looked at her, knowing her well enough to now that she wasn’t just curious. She just wasn’t that type and he slowly started to smile.

“You have some.” Resa glanced sharply at him.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. I have nothing.”

“Bull crap girl. You are there getting some detailed information if you’re just curious. You have a deck, don’t you?” Resa looked around to see where the rest of the gang was than turned and looked at nick.

“You are not allowed to say anything, Carter. But, yes, I have a deck. And I bought the book, trying to find some different layout and what the cards mean.” Nick chuckled a little and pointed to a website.

“Go there. And I can talk you through what I know.”

“Wait, you know? How would you know anything about the cards, Nick?”

“Let’s just say that they sparked my interest once and I still play with them.” She sat back against the seat, watching the man. Hell, how it was that Nick was still able to surprise her was shocking. But, than again, there’s a lot the fans didn’t know or understand about the guys. Not that that was surprised, because they often kept a lot of information to themselves. And everyone knew, with out a doubt, that if anything was said that was out of context, they would be hearing it forever! So, it was a lot easier to keep things bottled up, or to keep them quiet within in the group than to go around mentioning them.

“You know, one day, a book is going to get written. The Backstreet Boys and the secrets they have kept! And I tell you, it’s going to be a number one seller!” Nick chuckled as he picked up one of his bags.

“You know, like anyone of us, things just aren’t shared.”

“I know. I’m just saying, the fans would probably die of a heart attack if they knew the truth.” She turned her laptop off and slipped it in her case, looking up as AJ walked over.

“What are you two carrying on about?”

“Secrets and how I think the Boys are worse than the government. I was telling Nick you all could write a book and shock every fan out there.” AJ shrugged as he slipped his arm around her waist.

“It’s quite possible. And damn near funny!” She shook her head, leaning against her man. His lips brushed over her head and she had to grin, finding comfort within that simple kiss. “Oh, that reminds sweetheart, you did bring the stuff for the wedding right?”

“Yup. And phone numbers. I figured since we were pretty much getting married right after the tour, I had better be doing a lot of phone calls and what not. Kris said she would help and so did your mom.” She gave him a brief smile and than turned as Baylee came flying around the corner and straight to her. And that was the perfect chance for him to let his eyes find the woman he was searching for. Granted, when he saw her, he wasn’t all to thrilled, for she was flirting with Howie, her hand on his arm and a smile on her face.

He ground his teeth as he watched the whole show and his hands were clenching, wanting so badly to punch the man. But, what flippin ass right did he have? None. But that did not calm the edge he was feeling, nor tone down the urge to ram his fist into Howie’s nose.