- Text Size +
Chapter 26
She played with her suitcase strap, half of her really feeling like she didn’t belong. And why she was going was beyond her. Granted, the guys, and gals, were always nice enough and treated her well, but she still couldn’t shake that feeling. Especially watching Resa and AJ together. And than to know she had to say with them! She sighed, turning slightly, stopping as Howie was right there.

“Something wrong hon?” Kris smiled, shaking her head.

“Not really.”

“Oh no, I may not know you like J, but I know you well enough. What’s on your mind?” He bent down, grabbing her suitcase and started heading toward the buses, her jaw dropping before quickly following him.

“Howie!”

“What? My mom taught me how to be a gentleman. So, what’s on your mind?” She sat down on the couch and crossed her legs, chewing on her lip. She really wanted to confide in someone and Resa wasn’t an option.

“I guess. I just don’t feel like I should be here. Going with you guys. That’s reserved for close friends and family and…”

“And you are! Kris, you are my best friend.” AJ plopped down next to Kris, patting her leg. “I’m glad Resa invited you other wise I would have. And all the guys love you too. So, really, don’t worry.” She smiled, watching AJ for a moment before glancing at Resa.

“He’s right, everyone likes you. And you know that it takes a lot to get into this click.” Resa sat next to Howie, leaning against him. “Take Mr. Dorough here. I think he’s rather into you.” Howie rolled his eyes, shoving her a bit.

“Whatever. Excuse me; I’m going to find my bunk.”

“Bunk?” Kris sat up, looking up at him as he stood up.

“Yeah, we thought it would be more fun if we had two buses this tour. That was, the three of us could made fun of Nick and Bri.” She shook her head, not quite knowing if she liked that or not.

“Don’t worry, buy ear plugs and you won’t hear anyone snore.” AJ jumped as well, leaving both girls alone. “Kris, don’t feel bad. Believe me, this tour will be fine.” Resa smiled at Kris, yet Kris had her doubts. It was on the tip of her tongue to say something, to speak up and just as she got the nerve, the bus driver got on, telling them they were ready to head out. She knew she head past the point of no return.

-----
She sat down at the little table three hours later, looking over her shop and how things were going. It was hard to leave home, but she knew that everything was in good heads. And they had all the information to get a hold of her. And, of course, Resa was allowing her to check email and stuff on her laptop.

As she wrapped up what she was looking over, she thought she take a peek at what Resa had been looking at earlier. It seemed way too secretive, for she allowed no one to see. Granted, Nicky found a way to see, but he wasn’t telling, no mater how much she begged. So, she pulled up the history, rather surprised when the Tarot site popped up.

“Oh, what do we have? She doesn’t seem the type to be into something like this.” Kris glanced around; making sure no one was around and started reading stuff. Sure, it was new and some stuff brought back memories. Oh yes, she certainly knew a lot for she had her own interest spiked at one point about them. And in most cases what the cards had told her, way back when she used to read them, things pretty much came true. The one time they were wrong was with who she was supposed to end up with. He, of course, was engaged to another woman.

He turned a little as someone cleared his throat from behind her. She quickly shut the laptop and smiled at Howie.

“Are you looking at naughty things on the web?” He walked into the kitchen and pulled out two cokes, offering her the other one.

“No, just checking on things at work.” She accepted the can with a smile and took a drink, watching him as he sat down next to her.

“Oh, how are things going? Every one doing what they should be doing”

“Yeah. In all truth, I couldn’t ask for a better crew.”

“Good.” Howie took a sip of his coke and kept his eyes glued to it. She may not have known him that long either, but she knew people and knew when something was on the mind.

“Howie, what are you thinking?” He cleared his throat before finally looking up at her.

“Our date wasn’t that bad, right? You enjoyed the movie? And the dinner? I wasn’t a fool or an ass?”

“No, you weren’t! And of course I did. I had a great time. Why do you ask?”

“Because I want to take you out again. That is, if you wouldn’t mind. The next stop we have, we have a little bit of time and there is this great café that I think you would like. Would you like to go?” For some unknown reason, the fact that Howie was asking her out again actually made her giddy. She couldn’t help it either. Her grin widened and she actually giggled; something she hardly did.

“I think that sounds great, actually. I would love to go. Thank you.” He let out a whoosh of air, almost like he was worried that she would say no. Hell, she may be in love with an already taken man, but she was no fool. You don’t turn down a Backstreet Boy, especially one as sweet and sexy as Howie.

“Good. Than I’ll make the arrangements.” His hand finally left his soda can and reached for hers. That was actually the first time any man had ever done that. Granted, men did hold her, but to hold hers across the table, it just didn’t happen to her. And if felt good, felt sweet. Without a moments pause, she leaned over and give him a kiss on the cheek. And, he blushed!

“That is adorable!”

“Don’t get used to it, I don’t do it a lot.”

“Aww, look at the two lovebirds, flirting with each other. Don’t you think its sweet baby?” Resa smacked AJ’s arm as she passed by, taking in what she saw. And for the life of her, she had no clue why she hated that little scene.