- Text Size +
Chapter 27
AJ’s eyes followed Resa, wondering why she smacked him. Yes, he made the comment but it’s not like he meant anything by it. If he was going to be forced to watch those two, he was going to be making smart ass comments. Which reminded him, when he got the chance, he was going to be having along conversation with D. Howie had said he didn’t care all that much for Kris and yet, here he is, holding her hand and planning a second date.

AJ sat down at the table as well, lifting a brow as D as Howie kept looking at him. He knew it was mean, but he loved pestering the shit out of d, always had in fact.

“What?”

“Do you mind man? This was a private matter.”

“Nope, don’t mind at all.” AJ beamed at D who only rolled his eyes.

“Let them be McLean. We can go watch a movie and cuddle.” Resa sat her hand on his shoulder and handed him the soda can she had already opened.

“Aw, baby, you take the fun out of everything.” He stood back up again, took a sip of the soda, slipped his free arm around her waist and beamed at Howie as he past by.

-----
“AJ! You know that a building relationship needs alone time. And if you want to see your friends happy, than leave them alone!” Resa sat down and curled her feet under her, watching him intently.

“Do you really think there’s something there?” Resa shrugged as she leaned against him.

“I don’t know. They sure seemed to have hit it off. What was it like when they first met? Did they clash?” AJ thought back on that, recalling the things that D said. And he sure didn’t seem to like her. But than again, that could have had something to do with the fact that AJ was cheating.

“Well, I don’t think they clashed. And I suppose they got along well enough.”

“There you have it. And you can’t deny how cute those two look together! It’s like, I don’t know, Kris fits him or something.”

“Yeah, something.” He kissed the top of her head, letting the subject drop. Damn Howie and his charming ways. After all, there was once upon a time when Howie had tried to date Resa. But AJ got in first and had her heart since than. At least, that’s what he wanted to believe. And most of the time, that’s what he felt too. It wasn’t often that Alex questioned her love. But, like that smack earlier. Uncalled for he thought, and a little hard for a comment. It seemed like it was more out of frustration, than a sign to tell him to shut up.



She sighed as she snuggled up to AJ, her thoughts going in many directions, all which she had no control over. She was actual very grateful that her head was on his chest for she couldn’t show him the turmoil that was raging inside. Feelings that she had no right to feel and certainly thinking things that she had no right to be thinking.

She hated doubting Alex, er AJ, and his feelings, but she could openly admit that something had been feeling…off for a bit. In fact, last night was probably the first time that they had made love in over three weeks, and if anyone knows AJ, they would knot that lack of sex is not an easy task. But than again, she was getting off track. She was talking about how he didn't feel the same. She was aware that the fans didn't believe he was a sweet and gentle lover, but he was. And, yes, he had his wild and daring moments, but in all truth, he was a very caring lover. And for some unknown reason, last night, something was different. He was still sweet, but she just didn’t feel like there was the usual connection.

She shifted a little bit and looked up at him, lifting a hand to run along his unshaven cheek. She wanted to believe that whatever was happening was a test. Or perhaps many tests. And she believed with her whole heart that they were, and they had to pass each and everyone, or they would never get married.



He looked down at her and smiled. And not of one of his fake, not really smiling smiles. This smile was the whole reason she fell for him anyway. And with her heart, she returned his grin. She moved herself and straddled his lap, his hands automatically finding their way to her hips.

“What are you thinking?” He smirked a bit as he leaned his head back to watch her.

“Nothing. Can’t I just sit here and admire the man that I’m going to marry?” She leaned over and nipped at his neck, grinning at the half chuckle, have moan that came from him.

“Oh, I suppose I can allow that.” She kissed along his jaw and finally up to his lips, her heart jumping out of her chest at the mere taste of him.

AJ slid his hands up her back, his moan soft and his heart pounding. He knew that he kisses could heat him up, that certainly wasn’t something new. And he knew that she could block out everything else from his mind. And as much as he loved her right now, she wasn’t doing such a great job of blocking out everything. And for that, he could kick his own ass. Damn it, she deserved better than this.

He finally broke the kiss and gazed into those question filled brown eyes. It wasn’t like him to break the kiss. Than again, it was like him to long for another woman’s kiss. No, no, he couldn’t think like that.

And with that final thought, his fingers entangled themselves into her hair and grabbed it, crushing her lips to his. And slowly, a lost more slowly than he was used to, his world involved only them two. No D, no Kris, no longing but for each other. And this time, when he groaned, it was with full of pleasure, full of longing, and full of desire for her, and her alone. His other arm snaked around her waist, his free hand slipping under her t-shirt and scraped his nails along her back. And had it not been for the clearing of a throat, he would have takin her on the couch.

They both pulled apart and he tilted his head back, seeing Howie here his arms crossed and some kind of spark flashing in his eyes.