- Text Size +
Chapter 28

“Management just called. We are about ten minutes from the venue, so be ready to jump out and run.” Howie turned and walked away, for some unknown reason, his heart building with anger. Something he should not be feeling. It certainly wasn’t the first time he had seen them kiss, and he knew it wouldn’t be the last. But, for this time, it was really bothering him.

“Howie, are you okay?” Howie took the seat at the table again and smiled at Kris.

“Yeah, I am. What game did you wanna play?” She finished shuffling the deck and started passing the cards out, smirking a bit.

“Poker. 5 card stud, threes wild.” Howie picked up the cards, nodding a bit.

“Got it. And what’s the bet?”

“Whoever loses, has to kiss the other person.” Howie watched Kris, unable to hide his grin. He never pegged her as a flirt or such a brave soul. “I never said where the kiss had to be though.” Oh, this was getting even better.

“Deal. So, three’s right?” He picked up the last card, showing a three and giving him three of a kind. “You dealt, I show.” He laid his hand down, frowning at his hand yet turning that into a smile when he saw that she only had a pair. “Aw Kris.” She giggled a little than leaned over and placed her lips right under his ear. Oh, Lord, did she just actually send shivers down his spine?

“You’re deal now latin lover.” For crying out Lord, if that was what she was doing to him every time they kissed, she would lose every game just so he could kiss her. He picked up the deck and shuffled.

“Uh, five card stud, let’s make sevens wild.” He dealt the cards and silently prayed that he had a losing hand. And when he picked up the final card and saw that he got a full house, he almost wanted to scream. Or that was until she put down the royal flush. Crap that done deserved two kisses. He laid his hand down and than leaned over, cupping her chin and softly pressing his lips to hers, feeling even more tingles.

She sighed and rested her hand on his arm, actually getting lost in those amazing lips. What was that thinking about wanting Alex and his lips? No offense to Alex and his kisses, but nothing had ever tasted as good as D’s lips did right now. Nor had anything felt that good either.

Howie finally broke the kiss, sensing that someone was seeing something and grinned at Kris.

“Now, what was that for?”

“Just because.” Kris returned the grin, ignoring the eyes what were currently staring at her.

“I like that just because answer.” Kris giggled a little, finally leaning back in her seat and looking up at Alex. “Hey there, Howie and I were just playing poker. Granted, he was losing.”

“Hey now, don’t lie.” Howie turned and raised a brow at Alex, almost like a silent question, one that Alex was not going to answer or deal with actually.

“Oh, well, don’t tell Resa. You know that she would want to play!”

“Play what?” she asked, squeezing her way out of the room and into the kitchen. “Oh, I see cards! What were you two doing?” She glanced at each person, seeing the slight blush and grinned. “Enough said, actually.”

“Wait, why do you say that baby?”

“They are blushing; both of them. There are cards on the table. Come on hon, it doesn’t take a genius.” She turned and grabbed the bag of chips, looking at everyone. “What? Come on AJ, who do you think showed Kris that game?” She rolled her eyes and than popped a couple of chips in her mouth, than paused as the bus started to slow down. “Bus stop!” She quickly moved out of the way as both AJ and D jumped up and ran to get their bags. Kris looked at Resa and giggled a little, finally getting up and than looking at D as he quickly grabbed her hand tightly.

“Woah D, you don’t need to take me.” Resa looked back at Kris and nodded.

“Oh yes he does! If he doesn’t, you have a very good chance of getting mauled by their fans. And at any cost, stay close to him, or one of the other guys!” Kris nodded and followed the other couple off the bus, pausing for just a moment as she took in the screaming girls.

“Holy cow!” Howie looked at her and grinned.

“It’s a little crazy, huh?” Howie lead her off the bus, smiling at the fans and made his way over to the venue, waving to them as he entered.

“Won’t you stop and talk to them?”

“Later. Usually, when we first get off the bus and stop to talk, we get in way too late. And that is not a good thing.”

“Ah, I can see why.” Howie chuckled a little bit and than lead her to the front seat.

“You can get a stay here with other girls, if you want. Of you can go back to my dressing room? Or J’s?”

“I’ll stay here, watch the show, laugh a bit. Thank you Howie.” She leaned over and kissed his cheek, grinning as he blushed a little, grinned at her than walked back into the back, quickly changing.


A few moments later, he walked back on stage, looking around, groaning as he saw no AJ.

“Check his dressing room man. You know he takes forever.” Howie nodded.

“Thanks Bri.” He ran into the back again and banged on AJ’s door. “Yo, man!” AJ yanked his door open, his eyes flashing with anger as he looked at D. Howie stepped back, wondering where the hell all that anger was coming from. He really didn’t think AJ had a reason to be upset with him. Unless, his feelings were getting even more mixed up over Kris. Not to say that would shock Howie at this point, especially with the way AJ was acting lately. Dipshit and Asshole would be the best way to describe these moods, and to top it off with shit head at this exact moment!