- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And yes, I know, bad Resa and the delay in stories! But here it is and hopefully more to come later!
Chapter 32

Kris just watched, rather in shock by how well she could remember how he felt pressed against her and turned back to Howie. He turned at the same time, his brows crinkling a bit.

“What is it?”

“You wanna dance?” Howie looked out at the floor, sat his drink down on the nearby table and took her hand, the silent answer to her question, leading her on the floor. “I’m guessing that was a yes.”

“You should know. Howie D just loves to dance.” She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck as his hands settled on her hips. She kept her eyes on his, having to admit that he could really move them hips. And he was actually pretty good at it. “What are you thinking?” She grinned at him.

“The fact that you can really move them Latin hips.” He chuckled and actually pulled her closer.

“Are you just now noticing or are you just now commenting?” She shrugged her shoulders a bit and grinned.

“I’m not the world’s biggest D fan, but I can admit that those hips do move rather well. So, I’m guessing that this would be the first time I said anything to anyone.” He just wiggled his brows and than dipped her back, causing her to laugh and hold onto his arms. And that actually caught the attention of a few other couples, one very well being AJ and Resa.

Kris looked around as Howie brought her back up and squeezed her hips. She slide her hands up his arms and wrapped them around his neck, once again, finding the rhythm along with him.

“That caused everyone to look at us Mr. Dorough.” This time, it was his turn to shrug.

“I’m a Backstreet Boys, are you thinking I’m not used to people looking, staring, or gawking?”

“You might be, but I’m not.” Howie glanced around, seeing both AJ and Resa looking at them and than looked at Kris.

“Sweetie, you are best friends with the Boys. And you are dating one. You might want to get used to people straight up looking at you.” Kris wanted to say something, anything, but she knew he was right. She had noticed that a few fans were already staring at her and some had tried to talk to her. It was actually kinda funny. Get with in ten feet of the guys and the fans would flock to you, thinking you knew them and could help the fans get to the guys.

“I just don’t get how you can do it.” Kris actually knew what was bothering her. It wasn’t the stares that she was getting from the fans but rather from two certain people. Howie looked around to see what was actually bothering her and spotted the problem almost right away. Though he had to question why Resa was openly glaring as well. She, herself, was pressed back against AJ. But he mentally shrugged it off. He wasn’t gonna worry about them right now. He was just going to enjoy this gorgeous woman in his arms.

“You know what sweetie, just honestly ignore them. They have their own problems.” Howie whispered that in her ear as he brought her even closer to him. She had to smirk, for she could feel those very powerful thighs pressed against hers.

“I think you have the right idea Howie.”

-----
AJ gritted his teeth even more, and tightened his grip on Resa’s hips, jerking her right against him. She yelped a bit but turned around in his arms.

“Honey, are you trying to have a contest with your boy over there?” That snapped his attention back to hers and smirked, dipping her back and lifted her thigh against his. He could get even, this he knew, hell he had to. He looked up from Resa and risked a glance over at Howie and Kris, almost lifting a brow as both of them stared then quickly looked away. AJ smiled to himself and pulled Resa close, starting to nuzzle her neck. He was getting even and that was actually damn funny to him. She closed her eyes before pulling away slightly. He looked into her eyes and shrugged. “Oh no mister, answer the question. Are you having a contest with Howie that I don’t know about?”

“No. Not a verbal one anyways.”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“So…does it bother you if there was a contest?” She stopped dancing and narrowed her eyes at him. Damn she hated how she got treated.

“Want an honest answer McLean?”

“Yeah would be nice.”

“Than yes, it does bother me. Why the hell do you have to show him up? It’s just a dance. One you are having with your fiancé and one he is having with his girlfriend. Why the hell does that require a contest?” She planted her hands on her hips. He could feel the anger coming from her and he was grateful that she at least kept her voice quiet enough that the fans weren’t staring at her and him.

“It doesn’t so to speak. But you know D and I are always like that.”

“No, AJ, you aren’t. But it does seem to be happening a lot now that my best friend has come into the picture.” With that, she turned right around, walked back to the table and picked up her purse, not looking at him. She was tired of all of this. She knew that something was going on, something that no one was telling her. And honestly, that hurt. These were her friends, and yet they were covering for him.

Which only meant that their boy meant more to them than she did. Which was fine, she had known that for a while. She looked up, catching Nick’s eye and nodded her head. He nodded his in answer to the unasked question and she flew out the back door, leaving everyone behind. And depending on the answers she got later, that would be the final outcome of everything, period!