- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am so sorry for the delay guys. I hope you're still with me and that you're enjoying it.
Chapter 33

Howie watched the scene and stopped dancing, his eyes turning to AJ, watching as AJ just kicked the floor than walked over to the couch, plopping down. Kris looked up at Howie as well.

“What’s wrong?”

“Resa and AJ just had another spat and she flew out the back door, without security. Grab Q and follow her. I’m gonna talk to AJ.” Howie kissed her cheek and let her go, making sure she did as he asked than walked over to AJ, sitting down next to him.

“Hey.”

“Shut up Dorough.” Howie just lifted a brow, rather curious as to why AJ was getting pissy at him.

“Hey man, I didn’t do anything.”

“Like hell you didn’t. You knew what you were doing when you walked out on the floor.”

“Chill. Kris asked me to dance.” Howie tilted his head to the side and looked at AJ. “Man, do you really have feelings for Kris?”

“No.” AJ looked at Howie from the corner of his eye and sighed. “I shouldn’t.”

“Shouldn’t isn’t working into the equation now is it?”

“No, it’s not. And no, I don’t have feelings for her.”

“Like hell you don’t.” AJ rubbed his face and shook his head.

“I guess a simple dance turned into a competition and she figured that out.” Howie nodded his head, having to agree that he did try to get a rise out of AJ.

“I think any female in their right mind would be upset.”

“It was stupid.”

“Yes it was. Is it gonna stop?” AJ paused, looked out on the empty dance floor than out towards the fans, collecting his thoughts.

“Do you really like Kris?”

“Yeah, I do. She’s an awesome woman. Fun loving, smart, caring, funny, and beautiful. What man in his right mind wouldn’t want to have a woman like that on his arm?” AJ mentally sighed, having to agree with Howie on that case. Granted, the flip side to all of that, Resa was the same thing. In fact, in many ways, Resa was simply a female version of AJ. And he was lucky to have her on his arm, he knew that.

So why the hell couldn’t he stomach the thought of seeing Kris and Howie together. If they were both happy, isn’t that what should be important? Shouldn’t he step back, save his own relationship and allow his two best friends to have a healthy and wonderful relationship? Screw the fact that he had her first.

Although, in the physical sense was all he was he could afford, because he still had a woman. So, it wasn’t like he was ending that relationship to follow Kris.

“You are right Howie; Kris is all of those things.” AJ finally turned and smiled at Howie. “You two are right for each other. And honestly, if you care for her, and she cares for you, than no more little snide remarks, comments, or actions from me.” Howie just looked at his best friend. For AJ to give in, for him to say that, either he was telling the truth, which Howie doubted, or he had something up his sleeve. Either way, Howie had a gut feeling that AJ wasn’t going to end things that simply.

“Thank you. It’s nice to have a real woman. Not some fake one like my ex. I know Kris would be loving and supportive.” Howie stood up, stretched and grinned at AJ. “And now, my lame ass is heading out of here. You and Nick gonna stay up?” AJ looked around, seeing that Brian and LeighAnne had already left as well.

“Nah, I think the fans are starting to jet, so I might follow you in a bit.” Howie nodded than waved to him and to Nick, before heading out. AJ watched him, feeling a presence behind him. “What do you want Nick?”

“What’s up man?” Nick took the spot that Howie just had and AJ just looked at him. “I’m not that dumb kid man. I watched you play Theresa just like D played Kris. Is there some war you have with Howie?”

“No, not with Howie.” Nick slowly smirked.

“Just with Howie over Kris. She is fine.” AJ ground his teeth, not needing to hear that a second time tonight. “Than again, so is Resa. In fact, that little number she was wearing….” This time, AJ fully growled and turned to the younger man, his eyes narrowing on him. And in return, Nick only beamed at AJ. “It’s nice to know that you don’t like it when other men check out your fiancé.”

“She is mine.”

“Than show it. Lately, things seem to be happening over Kris, who is not your fiancé. You want Resa; you love her, than man up about it. Either that, or some fool is gonna step up and snag her. Kris seems to be happy with the little man, than let her be. You don’t need to be trying to juggle two women.” Damn, Nick wasn’t a kid anymore. If he was astute enough to realize something was up, than how possible was it that Resa would know. “She’s in her room. She asked earlier if she could come over and we could talk. Do I go back to my room and tell her no?”

“Nick, I hate you.” Nick cracked up as he stood up along with AJ.

“I know you do. Now, go to her, or I’m gonna be that fool and snag her.” AJ gave Nick a quick hug than followed him and his security team out back, quickly making it back to the hotel.

-----
“You ran off.” Resa tapped her foot on the floor, looking up at the stars and merely nodded her head.

“You didn’t have to come after me.”

“Yeah I did. I saw it. Was worried.”

“You didn’t see a damn thing. You got told and than came after me.” Resa turned and smiled at Kris who sat down next to her.

“Fine, so I was eyeing the man I was dancing with, ain’t nothing wrong with that.” Resa chuckled and turned her attention back to the stars.

“The very first date we went on, was in his backyard. He had set out a blanket, a bottle of cider, and some fruit trays. We watched the sun set, watched the stars come out, than finally watched the sunrise. AJ and I had talked for like 11 hours. And just random things, I mean, stupid things and serious things and funny things. Our kiss goodnight…was nothing more than a peck on each cheek along with a promise for a second date.” Resa sighed and finally closed her eyes. “I can’t watch a star come out without thinking about him and how much I love him. And I used to believe in our love, used to think that he really did love him. That I was honestly his everything like he claimed.”

“What changed?” Resa opened her eyes and turned to fully look at Kris.

“A vacation.” She paused and Kris swallowed hard. “And you.”