- Text Size +
Chapter 48

Brian watched the couple for a few more moments, his eyes narrowed slightly. Of all the guys, he was probably the only one to really understand body language, which is why he was the one who was less criticized in the media.

“If you keep looking at them like that, you might have them start thinking you aren’t happy for them.” Brian turned and looked a the man before taking his arm and ushering him in a private room backstage. “Brian!”

“Oh stop Kev. I want to talk to you about that happy couple.” Kevin crosses his arm and nodded.

“Go on.”

“You would want your brothers happy, right? I’m talking about AJ and D. And I mean totally happy. Not just happy for a few moments?”

“Duh Brian. Wouldn’t you want that?”

“Of course Kev, which is why I was watching AJ and Resa. They aren’t happy.”

“Oh Please. They are rebuilding man. Of course they are gonna be on rocky ground.”

“That’s it! Look and watch AJ. If you see a difference, then let me know. If you don’t, then I will be the first to say that I’m just seeing things. But when AJ’s with Kris, there’s a carelessness that’s not there with Resa. And I will not sit by and allow some of my best friends try to be happy when I know damn good and well they are not!”

“Brian, what are you saying?”

“I’m saying that if AJ is gonna be happier with Kris then I’m gonna make sure they are together.”

“And what about your dear friend Resa? Would you hurt her?”

“Kevin, are you so out of it that you haven’t watched anything this tour? Don’t you think Resa and D would look better than AJ and Resa?” Kevin frowned as he thought about that one. But, he had to give it to Brian, D and Resa would probably be way more happier.

“Okay, I can give you all of that. But do you have some plan to help push this along?” Brian shrugged but Kevin knew his manner all to well. Brian had a plan, and yet part of Kevin just didn’t want anything to do with it. But, that was a part he hardly listened to, so why start now?

-----
She watched the show, her arms crossed, her head tilted slightly. Something was off and she couldn’t put her finger on what it was. But, she knew, and had the gut feeling, but she just had no clue what could be going on. She sighed and was about to turn around when someone stepped up be her.

“Why the sigh?” Resa glanced at her right and smiled.

“Thinking. What’s up Kris?”

“I’m leaving, just so you know. I don’t need to be hanging around, making you or AJ uncomfortable or anything.”

“Kris, you can’t. You were supposed to help me plan my wedding. And you are my maid of honor.” Kris looked at Resa, a fear pooling in her stomach. And though Kris was staring at Resa, she missed the same fear that crossed her eyes. Resa couldn’t place what that fear was exactly, but it was different then Kris’. It could have been having someone she loved betray her that close; or it was simply the fact that she didn’t want AJ and Kris that close. Either way, she wasn’t sure that she wanted Kris to help her, and she was even more confused about having her in the wedding.

“Resa, you know I love you. And that I will always be there for you. And if you really want my help, you can email me. But, I have a plane ticked and I’m flying after the New York show.”

“I guess I can’t stop you.”

“You never have been able to.” Resa sighed and laid here head on her friend’s shoulder, quite confused, or maybe not. Deep inside, thought she loved AJ, she could tell something wasn’t quite right, not like before. And with this woman who was her best friend, she felt the same thing, like something wasn’t right. And in all truth, would never be right again.

“Kris…” She smiled and laid her head on Resa’s.

“Everything will be okay. You will be okay.” Resa frowned to herself. There was something to those words and she would be damned if she could figure out exactly what. But they were seemed like they applied to more than her current situation.

“Now isn’t this crazy.” Resa lifted her head and turned around to smile at LeighAnne. And for all her help, LeighAnne couldn’t help Resa with her feelings, for Bri cheated with a friend, but not a best friend.

“We were talking. Kris is gonna leave us.”

“You are?” All of them turned around to see AJ run off the stage and stop as he looked at Kris and Resa. “When?”

“After the New York show. It’s really best I think.”

“Oh, well, if you feel that way, then maybe it is.” Resa watched as Kris narrowed her eyes slightly by AJ’s tone and Resa could see the hurt there. Well, anyone would be hurt by AJ’s off handed tone.

“The club is gonna be busy tonight, you wanna go?” Howie asked. And before AJ could butt in with his answer, Resa piped up.

“You know, that works. Let’s party it up.”

-----
“I thought you would want to stay in, work on some things.” Resa looked at AJ in the mirror as he stood behind her.

“Work on what exactly?”

“This.” He stepped up behind her, his hand settling on her hips and his lips trailing over the back of her neck before moving to the side. He shifted her hair, his tongue flicking over the sweet skin before nipping, kissing, and sucking on the spot.

She reached behind her, wrapping her hand around the back of his neck; her eyes fluttering closed. Okay, so maybe that was something they could work on, he was right.
She turned around and quickly captured his lips, her arms wrapping around his neck, his hand exploring her lower back and ass.

He grabbed her butt and pulled her up against him, the friction from leather pants totally driving him wild. God, he loved her in skirts, but when she wore leather, she drove him behind wild. It only proved to him how much of a freak she was. And of course proved that she was his freak and his freak alone.

He moaned and backed up to the bed, falling down and straddling her over his legs. He moved his hand up into her hair and tugged on it, breaking the kiss and moving his lips back to the other side of her neck. His lips found one of her sweet spots and lightly sucked it, not knowing where the urge to brand her was coming from. But the banging on the door quickly drew them apart. He groaned and she smiled.

“Sorry baby, play time is over.” She went back to fixing her head and make up. He finally got up and made his way to the door, trying his best not to glare at Howie.

“Are you…” he paused as he saw the look on AJ’s face. “Was I interrupting something man?” AJ glared at Howie but crossed his arms over his chest.

“Shut up little man,” he all but growled. He could only imagine how long this night was gonna be.

“I was just stopping by to see if you all were ready?” Resa stepped up behind AJ, a good inch taller then him in her killer boots.

“We are, right babe?” AJ watched as Howie slowly looked Resa over and growled again. Long ass night indeed!