- Text Size +
Chapter 52

Eight months later, he stood on her front porch, shifting his weight from foot to foot. That day, many months ago, he drove her to the airport, and in all truth, they haven’t seen each other sense. Granted, they talked all the time, and Alex knew that this was the woman for him, that with her, he would have what he always wanted. And as she opened the door and smiled at him, ushering him in, he could feel his heart do double time and totally knew.

“Hi,” she whispered.

“Hey babe.” He leaned over and kissed her cheek.

“What are you doing here? I thought you weren’t coming till next week?”

“No. I couldn’t wait to see you anymore. I have to talk to you.”

“Um, it’s not the best time…”

“It can’t wait. You’re the woman I love and I refuse to keep waiting to make you mine. So,” he dropped down to his knee and held the pink diamond out to her, “will you please marry me?” He looked up at her, saw that her eyes shifted from behind him to the ring and then back behind him and he quickly glanced behind him, his jaw dropping at who was there. “Theresa?”

“It’s me.” She stepped into the room, looked from him to her and then waved. “What in the world are you waiting for Kris? This time, you have my blessing.”

“Then…YES!” Kris squealed and AJ quickly got up and slipped the ring on her finger, pulling her in for a kiss. Resa watched them for a moment, a smile on her lips for their happiness, and then slipped out, not wanting to ruin this special moment for them.

-----
“You know, I about had a heart attack when I saw Theresa,” Alex said, glancing down at Kris.

“I thought she was going to flip to be honest.”

“What was she doing here?”

“Just talking actually. She has a boyfriend and wanted me to know she was okay. She figured I would end up talking to you and let you know all that.” Kris looked at him, wondering if he would ask.

“Oh, did she mention a name?”

“She did, but she asked me not to tell.”

“Oh!” AJ pulled Kris closer and smiled, his life was finally right. “I’m happy for her, she needs happiness.” Kris snuggled up to him, keeping mum about who Resa was dating. After all, Brian was having a party next weekend and everyone was invited, and she knew that AJ would be going to show her off, so he would certainly see that Resa was finally on D’s arm. “Are you happy?”

“More than happy baby.”

“Good, cause you shot that arrow of love straight through my heart.”
Chapter End Notes:
Well, this is it...hope you enjoyed the journey, and thank you for sticking with me!