- Text Size +
Chapter 6
Howie watched them and their interaction, praying for him and his thoughts to be wrong. Not that he could honestly believe that Alex could fall in love in mere moments, but knowing that man, it was possible to start feeling something. And it’s not like Kris was just any one person. He had feelings a long time ago. And what’s that saying, that you never really stop loving your first love? Howie sighed, hating to break up this little party but he was starting to get worried. He walked up to the table, smiling at the two.

“And he finally awakens.” Howie smiled at Kris as he took the seat.

“Sorry for missing you all this morning.”

“Kris and I were just catching up. So, believe me D, you weren’t missed.” Both Alex and Kris were laughing, letting Howie know that Alex had obviously told Kris some private things.

“Gee, thanks. So, what are you two doing for the rest of the day?”

“Actually, I thought about heading back to the ocean to go for a swim. My head is kinda starting to hurt and the coolness might help.” Kris jumped up, laughing as she headed back to the spot that her and Alex were at earlier. But before Alex could join her, D placed a hand on his arm.

“You know I hardly butt into your life, what you do is what you do. But, have you talked to Resa today?” Alex slipped his shades back on before rolling his eyes. “Alex, I know what you just did man.”

“Look, Resa told me to have fun, that’s what I’m doing. Am I always supposed to talk to her? She knew what I was doing!” Howie sat back, his arms crossing over his chest.

“No, your not, but being that this is your fiancé here, one would think you’d want to talk to her. But, I’m guessing I’m wrong. Just make sure your infatuation with a new woman does not destroy your relationship you have with a woman you claim to love and deem worthy enough of marriage.” With that, D stood up, leaving Alex alone with his thoughts. Not that that was ever a healthy thing to do. Alex shrugged, making his way down to the beach. Theresa knew him, she would understand, and that he was certain of.

-----
He watched her as she dived into the water, wanting to join her yet wanting to sit back and watch too. He could openly admit that Kris was gorgeous, even D thought so. He tilted his head to the side, his mind bringing up his fiancé. Was D right? Was he becoming infatuated with Kris? Hell, was that possible after 24 hours? He didn’t think he was. Kris was his best friend; he had wanted that friendship back. It’s not like he confided everything in her yet. That was obvious, since he still hadn’t mentioned his woman back home. But was that because he couldn’t confide in her or more like he didn’t want to confide that tidbit yet? He sighed, watched as she stood up, the water dripping down her body and he could feel the tightening within himself. He groaned, knowing that was not a good sign. He quickly stood up, ran into the ocean and dived in right next to her, splashing her as he came up.

“ALEX!” She squealed, laughing all the more, splashing him back. He laughed, really and truly laughed like he hadn’t in a while and that felt amazing. What was it about Kris that really made him bring just plain ol’ Alex out and be content with that? Like he could give up AJ tomorrow, give up all the fame and everything, be just Alex, and she would love him either way. Than again, she knew the real Alex, that’s who he was prior to the fame and spotlight. Granted, he felt that at ease with Resa, but most of the time, he still kept AJ around. And he knew she could sense it, but he just couldn’t change that. But, again, the huge difference was that Kris honestly knew Alex and not AJ. He really couldn’t say anyone knew that. He quickly swam over to her, laughing all the more as he picked her up and threw her in, enjoying that squeal again.

“ALEXANDER JAMES, you’re a dead man!” she hissed as she surface, pushing that dirty blonde mess out of her face. He grinned at her before swimming to safety.

-----
“Are you ever gonna mention your fiancé?” Howie asked as he watched Alex get ready. Howie glanced down at the stuffed animal he was currently holding, frowning slightly before tossing it by the pillows.

“Man, be gentle with Izzy, he’s old!” AJ scolded Howie as he watched in the mirror before finishing up. “And no, to be honest, I’m not telling Kris about Theresa.” AJ wanted to miss the glare that D sent his way, but they both knew he saw it loud and clear.

“Wanna explain the reasoning behind that one McLean?” AJ visibly winced, making a face in the mirror at D.

“No, nor am I going to. I don’t have to explain myself to you.”

“Than are you going to tell Resa about Kris?”

“Again, not that I need to explain to you, but no, I’m not telling either woman about the other.” Howie quickly shot off the bed and walked over to the bathroom, leaning against the door frame, his brown eyes almost black with the anger burning there.

“J, you have one hell of a good woman there, willing to marry you for you, not for AJ! And you claim to love her, yet you can’t make mention of a past girlfriend and flame? Either you don’t love Resa like you should or you plan on cheating. Which is it?”

“Shit D, if you’re singing her damn praises so much, why the hell don’t you date her?” Howie straightened up and made his way to the door, stopping before walking out and turning to look at AJ over his shoulder.

“If that’s how you wanna be, maybe I will than!”