- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is jsut an idea i was running by a friend

I still remember the day I found out that I was going to be moving in with my Uncle A.J. It was three days after my parent’s funeral, and a week after they died. My Uncle A.J, or Uncle Alex as I sometimes call him, is my dad’s little brother, my dad was born when my grandpa was a teenager, so being smart, he and my grandma decided to give my dad up for adoption. Later after they split, my grandpa married my Grandma Denise. The A.J was born. You already know that though. Anyway, my dad knew about his family, and when he was given the choice, he contacted both my grandpa and uncle. Soon I was born, and sixteen years later, I lost both my parents is a tragic car accident, here is my story starting from that fateful day.

 

I smiled at my best guy friend, and watched as he tried to balance a tray filled with popcorn, chips, soda, and other movie goodies. “Andrew, do you want help?” I asked, getting off my couch, and taking the tray off his hands, setting it on the coffee table. “Thanks Jamie.” He said, plopping onto my couch. “No problem.” I said, sitting next to him, pressing play on the DVD. Soon we were laughing at the comedy we had chosen to watch.

 

About halfway through the movie, I had gone into the kitchen to get more soda when the doorbell rang. “Andy, can you get that?” I asked as I started refilling our glasses. I heard him pause the DVD, and shuffle to the door. Andrew opened the door, and I heard a deep male voice utter something, before Andrew sighed. “Jaime, the police are here.” I looked up from where I stood in the kitchen, trying to figure out why the police would be here. Swiping my hands along the Aeropostale sweatpants I had stolen from Andrew, meaning they were baggy on me, I walked into the living room to see two police officers, one male one female, stood in my sunken living room, hats in their hands. “Jaimeson McArthur?” The male officer said, and I nodded, my hands starting to shake. “We are so sorry to tell you this, but there has been an accident.” My breath caught in my throat, and my eyes started to fill with tears. “Are they okay?” I asked, my mind flashing to my parents, since I knew my grandfather was dead and my grandmother was in a nursing home, so I knew it wasn’t them. “We’re so sorry Ms. McArthur, your father died on impact, and your mother only survived long enough to tell paramedics to tell us to tell you they both loved you.” It was then that I felt my knees buckle, and Andrew caught me as I started to fall. “Thanks you officers.” Andrew said, and then the next news wave hit me. “Unless Miss McArthur has anyone willing to stay with her until after the will is read, then she will have to go into state custody.” The female officer said, her eyes locked on mine, her bright green orbs showing me sympathy. “I can call my uncle, and Andrew and his older brother can stay with me until he gets here.” After the police officers were assured I’d call, I broke down. “Jaime, you have to call him.” I nodded, and Andrew hit my uncles’ speed dial on my cell phone for me, holding it to me ear so I could talk. “Hello.” “Uncle Alex?” I hiccupped, my breath coming in gasps. “Jaimeson, what’s wrong?” My uncle asked his tone alert. “My parents- my parents- are- are,” Was all I could get out before I broke down, causing Andrew to take the phone, and explain what had happened. After he hung up with my uncle, he smiled at me. “He and his mother are flying out at midnight.” “That’s in twenty minutes.” I hiccupped, and then smiled. “He wanted to be here for his niece.” Andrew said, as he began to clean up. “Go get some sleep; I’ll wake you up when they get here.”  Andrew said, and I nodded, trudging up the stairs to my room to go to sleep.