- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like its now posted on nickcarter.net too :D
Chapter 2 : Never Existed

I was left with this feeling of regret, of wishing I had never said what I had said. The old man had shipped me off to this other world of alternate reality, of time. I didnt know where I was at first but in soon enough I would find out. I had glanced down to find I was still wearing the right clothes. I was back in California though.

"How did I get back here?" I thought this outloud before i heard a response to my question.

"When I had put you inside of this world, you had come back to California. Your started with a new slate but not everything that has happened to you is gone. So your problem you tend to fix still needs fixing."

"Old man, i have no idea who you are, where i am at, but i am leaving."

"Sorry, you cant. You have no where to go anyway."

I laughed at this guy in my head. Thinking to myself was he seriously for real. I finally looked up at him.

"What are you talking about? Of course I do."
"Young man, do you know what is happening? Do you remember passing out?"

As soon as he asked me, i had remembered. He told me i would disappear forever but what did he mean by that. Was i never born? The questions that were going on in my head, the old man heard.

"How can you hear my thoughts?"
"Your under my control now, nickolas. I control what goes on in life and i know things before they happen."
"My family, my friends, do they remember me?"
"No, your no longer Nick Carter. Your name is Nick still but your last name is Racter."

I looked down as if i felt truly alone now. My name was taken from me. It's like i dont exist but than again i do. What's wrong with this picture? I looked over at the old man who was still explaining how i was to live this life. I hated this with every ounce in me. I still remembered the guys and most of all Haylee. I was to live a life not being Nick Carter but being Nick Racter. Just an ordinary, unknown guy. Backstreet Boys was still a band without me.

"How is this possible?"
"How's what possible"
"This."

I pointed over to the poster that hung on a building.

"Someone else had taken your place. Your not Nick Carter, someone else is."
"WHAT? SOMEONE TOOK MY PLACE."
"Nick, calm down. You wanted to disappear, so here you go. It's like you never existed at all. Just as another person."
"But"

It was no use. I took a seat on the ground and put my face in my hands. I never felt like this. I never felt the urge to cry. I did cry. Not alot just enough to make me sniffle. The old man had put his hand on my shoulder and said that he was sorry. But he wasn't, at least not in my eyes. He made me disappear for good. I dont want to disappear. I love my family. I love my friends. Most of all....... I cant say it. I feel it for her but i cant say it. Haylee is with another man who isnt me. I have to live this life normally. How huh? HOW?

I stood up and looked over to the old man. He didnt say a word just nodded and left. He left me and now i was on my own. I am alone. God this will be like i never existed because i know no one.

~~~
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review on here or on nc.net or on my twitter @TeamBSBTakeOver