- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
For whatever reason, beyond my brain capacity, I had four men spending the night at my house. Why they decided this and not go back to their lavish hotel after the concert... I couldn't tell you. Nor do I think I'd like to. This was obviously a line of events that fate had planned. Who the Hell am I to tempt fate? Not much of anyone compared to them. A mere fan who struck up a conversation outside of the venue near the tour busses. Those were stashed at a parking garage for the night and a limo was called to bring them back to my place. A joke somehow turned into a tangible offer. My house was nestled in a small suburb on the outskirts of St. Paul. Far enough from the city, but close enough to be convenient.

"Cayla, do you guys have any soda?"

"Yeah, Nick. There should be Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew... go help yourself, please," I smiled as he walked into the kitchen. Nick Carter. Looking through my refridgerator and grabbing a can of soda. Next thing, he'll be asking for some food--

"Do you mind if I take a couple of pieces from this pizza?"

"Hmm?"

"You have leftover Pizza Hut."

"Oh! Go for it," I looked at the other three, who were stretched out on the plush couches. "The invitation isn't for Nick only. Please, if you're hungry or thirsty..."

"Thanks, Cayla, but I think I'm stuck on the couch..." Brian sighed, almost as if he were in Heaven while cuddling against the soft arm of the couch. I raised an eyebrow, surely he had furniture twice as nice at his home, but said nothing about it.

"As am I," Howie replied from the other end, offering me a handsome smile. "But thank you for the offer. Not to mention allowing us to stay."

"It's really not a problem, I just don't understand why you accepted my offer. I had been half-joking," I replied with a shrug and smile, hoping that my cheeks weren't too red from blushing. "Besides, for all you know, I'm just this normal fan on the outside and serial killer on the inside!"

"You don't seem to be the type to cut off people's heads and disembowel them," AJ rasped from the other couch, looking at me with those rusty-brown eyes. I bit my bottom lip as I felt his gaze go up and down my body. I merely shrugged.

"That's what they always say on the news. 'Oh, they just kept to themselves'... little did they know, there was a basement full of skeletons."

"Are you trying to get us to leave?"

"No! Not at all!" I replied, what sounded a little too quick as the three older men raised their eyebrows. I tried to redeem myself. "I just never heard of you going to a random fan's house to spend the night. That's what I'm trying to figure out."

"So, because you've never heard of it... that means it never happened?"

"You mean..." I trailed off, trying to find some kind of facial expression that would expose this as a joke. Nick came into the living room and sat in the recliner, pizza and soda in hand. His face was the same as the others. They were serious?

"We were hoping you would be like the other fans and not speak about this, either."

"I would never, but even if I tried, no one would believe me," I replied, sitting next to AJ. His hand discreetly trailed down my spine to the small of my back and started to softly run his fingers across my t-shirt. I tried to fight back a shudder, but when I saw a smirk cross his face I knew he had felt it. Damn him. "You didn't mind all the random pictures I took when we first got here, did you? Y'all were acting to goofy and down to earth... I just wanted to capture--"

"If we minded, I think we would have told you by now," AJ interrupted, speaking for the other men as they nodded in agreement. "Just remember that we know where you live."

"Noted and filed," I muttered, tapping my forehead. Chuckles and several yawns halted my thoughts as I glanced to see Brian and Howie become drowsy. I immediately stood up and grasped the blankets that were draped over the couch AJ was sitting on. Feeling like a mother, I gently placed the soft material over their weary bodies. "Comfortable?"

"Very much so. Thank you. Sorry we're not more talkative," Howie replied as Brian mumbled something incoherent. "Brian agrees with what I just said."

"You don't need to apologize," I scorned softly with a smile, leaning down to actually kiss their cheeks goodnight. "Touring can only be what I imagine to be exhausting. Please, sleep and sleep well."

"Thank you," Howie said once more as he and Brian nearly fell asleep at the same time.

"They're such a cute couple at times," AJ teased with a chuckle.

"Be nice," I rolled my eyes playfully before glancing at Nick. "Where would you like to crash? The recliner isn't that bad, but there's also the couch AJ is sitting on, and then there's my bed--"

"I call the bed!" AJ stood up and bounded into my bedroom.

"...I guess you get the couch?"

"That's fine," Nick shrugged, finishing his pizza and soda. He stood up and sprawled out on the couch, which was thankfully long enough for his lanky body. I did the same thing I had done for the other two and spead a blanket over him. He pressed a yawn into his hand before smiling. "Thanks, again. Sometimes it's nice just to spend time in a place as comforting as this."

"Anytime," I smiled back, kissing his cheek before turning off the lamp. "Goodnight, Nick."

"Night," he mumbled as I walked towards my bedroom. What I found nearly stopped me in my tracks. AJ had decided to strip down to a wifebeater and boxers before making himself at home on top of my king sized bed. It took me a few moments before I was able to find a breath to speak.

"You better scoot over by the time I'm changed into my pajamas."

"Let me know when that is and I will," AJ replied, his eyes still closed with that same damn smirk he had earlier. Quickly, I grabbed a baggy t-shirt and ADIDAS shorts and changed in the adjoining bathroom. I checked out my reflection in the mirror, frowned, but realized he knew what he saw was what he got and shrugged. Running a brush quickly through my layered blonde locks, I finished my night routine with toothbrushing and mouthwashing. At least I'll have minty fresh breath. I thought as I turned off the light and walked back into the bedroom. He still laid in my bed, as if he was meant to be there-- I scorned myself for thinking such sappy thoughts as I stood at the foot of the bed.

"AJ?"

"S'time to move over?" he mumbled, peeking his eyes open. The same eyes that seemed to burn holes into body earlier and it took all I had not to launch myself on him right then.

"If you don't mind..."

"Hey, this is your bed, you had a claim on it long before I jumped on it," he reassured me, moving towards the middle. I climbed under the soft sheet and comforter, sighing softly as I shifted to lay on my side to face him.

"Why did you choose sleeping in here?"

"Besides the fact that it's an awesome bed?"

"I'm pretty sure your own is better than mine--"

"Hardly."

"Huh?"

"It's too big for myself. I feel pathetically lonely in my bed at home," AJ spoke, reaching out to run his hand up and down my arm. An innocent touch coming from a not-so-innocent man that caused goosebumps to raise on my light caramel skin.

"So do I... I mean, in my own," I stammered slightly. "Why do single people own such large beds?"

"Damned if I know," he chuckled, the same rasp that had gotten to me all those years still got to me now. His hand was now trailing from my shoulder up to my jawline and back down. I could feel my heart start thudding my chest as his body somehow got closer to mine. "Am I making you nervous?"

"M-Me? Nervous? I think you have me confused with someone else," I tried to laugh but it came out a mere titter and I cringed when he rolled his eyes playfully. "Okay... I'm nervous. But not necessarily in a bad way. I just... I don't..."

"What is it?" he prodded gently, pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

"I don't want you to think I'm some fan who just wants to fool around with a Backstreet Boy..." I sighed softly and found myself running my fingers through his locks. " And I don't want you to think I'm a whore..."

"I could never think that about you," AJ disagreed with my insecurities vehemently.

"Really?"

"Of course. We've talked for most of the night... well, inbetween the show, that is... and I can tell you're genuine," he now pressed a kiss in the hollow of my throat and I naturally arched against him as I felt his warm breath on my skin. His lips traveled farther, now paying attention to the side of my neck. Oh, damnit! I found myself moaning as he hit what I call my "sensitive spot", which is where the neck and shoulder meet. He chuckled, and a shiver went through me while his lips connected once more to my skin. A soft gasp escaped from me when I felt a sharp but delicious pang against my neck. A hickey. The butthead actually had the nerve to give me a hickey and if I had been thinking clearly I would have chastised him for it.

"AJ..." I breathed raggedly, resting my head on his shoulder as he continued.

"Call me Alex." he commanded and I nodded, feeling my pulse accelerate as our hands began roaming each other's bodies while his lips sought out any exposed skin I may have shown. I wanted to reciprocate the affection, but he seemed determined to drive me crazy first with his kisses, suckles, licks and bites.

"Alex..." I was finally able to find my voice as I cupped his cheeks and brought his face up to mine. All words lost me as our eyes connected. I could see so many emotions toiling through his own... it shocked me. Sadness, lust, loneliness, fear, excitement... all of those plus more that I can't even describe. Before I could try to find any words to say, his lips were upon mine. Feverish. Hungry. Aching. I felt a vibration from his mouth to mine and I realized he was growling. I moaned in response as he pushed me onto my back and his body covered my own. Somehow my arms wrapped around his inked neck as our tongues started a slow, passionate dance. There were brief moments where we had to pull away, breathing raggedly before he claimed my lips again. It felt like my lungs would burst along with my lips, but I ceased to care as a fire burned gently through my veins toward the pit of my belly as I felt his hands trail down to my thighs. "Oh, Alex..."

"Are you alright?" he nearly whispered, looking into my eyes once again.

"You're lying here making me breathless with your kisses and you want to know if I'm alright?" I asked, chuckling softly as I took one of his hands and placed it over my heart. "That's what you're doing to me."

"That's what mine feels like," AJ replied as I flattened my hand against his chest. We lay there for a few moments, just feeling our hearts beat frantically. I decided to break the silence, dropping my hand to pull on the hem of his t-shirt. I leaned up and pressed several kisses against his abdomen before gently trailing the tip of my tongue along the 'infamous' 69 tattoo.

"Cayla..." I heard his voice deepen with that same rasp and I had to smile as he cupped my cheeks to bring our lips together for a heated kiss. Clothes fluttered to the floor in random piles. His weight rested on top of mine and it seemed as if we were made out of the same mold. His kisses had become so sweet and gentle as my fingertips trailed up and down his inked back.

"You won't think anything less of me?" I breathed as he looked into my eyes.

"Never," he promised as we took the next step that would possibly change our lives forever.