- Text Size +
"And the title of America's Most Talented this year goes to....'The drumroll only prolonging the announcement of her fate."Shelly Taylor." Her head was spinning. One minute she was a cashier in a grocery store and the next she was singing her heart out on TV for millions of nameless, faceless people and they were the same ones that put her where she was. She'd dreamed her whole life of something like this and bam! at the tender age of 41, it became a reality. Yeah, you saw the age right. People had told her she didn't look her age. Then again, most times she didn't act her age. Maybe that's how she won her audience. Who cared? And after a whirlwhind of television talk shows and early morning radio interviews(she was not a morning person. AT ALL!), she was sent directly into the studio. Her life had been completely turned upside down. The most she'd said to her boyfriend in three months was 'I miss you honey. Gotta go'. She missed him terribly but she also knew she was sacrificing this for the greater good. The greater good being able to move into a house instead a shabby little one bedroom apartment. Maybe even one day get married. Yet their dreams seemed to be getting further and further away as she spent more and more time in the studio. Every time she spoke to him, HE always found a reason to end the call. She was on the phone with him this time and she heard the producer shout to her,"Five minutes Shelly!"
"Hang on." "Got it!"" Okay baby, I'm back."
"But you're gonna have to go. I know."
"Look, I don't want to but this is my dream."
"I know that too."
"What? No more support now that the dream is a reality? Is that it?!"
"That's not it and you know it."
"Then explain it to me."
"You don't have time."
"Not for your teenage attitude I don't!" She said and slammed her cell phone shut. Fucking men! She shoved the phone in her jeans pocket; not really paying attention to where she was going. She ran almost head on into him and his friend."I am so sorry."
"It's cool,"the blonde one responded and instead of making eye contact, she simply stepped around them and headed toward the studio door.
"Wasn't that the chick that won America's Most Talented?"AJ said; grabbing the can of soda from the machine they were now standing in front of .
"Don't know. Don't watch the show that much."
"Oh come on Nick. She's been on every talk show and radio show imaginable since then. I know you've seen her."
He contemplated his bandmate's statement for a minute and said,"Yeah. I guess I do recognize her."
"We need an opening act Nick. She's a natural talent. You know she never had any formal training? Just singing with the music on the radio everyday of her life."
"Fanatic much Age?"
"Okay, so she's hot."
"And she has a man."
"Fanatic much Nick?"
"Okay, so I watched a few times. She is good."
"So should we check it out and see if it's her?"
"Age. We're not even done with our CD yet."
"We're close enough and if we don't snatch that up, somebody else will."
"How do you know she's even done?"
"She' s taking a break. How often do we take a break when we're in the heat of recording?" He raised his brow inquisitively.
"True. Let's talk to Rok and D. See what they think."
"They're gonna agree with me y'know."
"Sure they are. When was the last time we had an opening act through an entire tour?"
"Five years. It's about time we did. The world needs to discover Shelly."