- Text Size +
She knew it was daylight but she still turned over and curled against the warm body laying next to her. His arms almost instantly wrapped around her. She wasn't sure what time it was and she really didn't want to bother with it. They'd made one rule after their first encounter; the world doesn't exist for the next 24 hours. Simple enough it would seem and so far it seemed to be working. They had breakfast for dinner and lunch for breakfast. Wait a minute, they actually had breakfast for breakfast. He was playing with her mussed hair like a child would if they were worried about something. Something was on his mind. She leaned up on his chest. Firm! Wow. She'd never really noticed that before."Something on your mind gorgeous?"
"Just you." And smiled that sweet, little lopsided smile she adored.
"I know we said the world was off limits for the entire day but I'm thinking you got something going on upstairs there that just won't go away. Wanna talk about it?"
"It's nothing that can't wait. I was actually just thinking we should get out of bed sometime today."
"Why? It's been working great for us so far and we have got out of bed a few times."
"When?"
"How do you think we got the food in here?" She grinned.
"That's once and we ate on the bed."
"Okay. We took a shower."
"Which brought us right back to the bed."
"I can't help myself when a man smells of aftershave. You are absolutely scrumptious."Lips softly brushing against his chest."You still smell hot."
"So any man that smelled of sex and aftershave you'd jump?"
"Only if they looked like you,"she teased and straddled him." Trouble is, you're one of a kind Carter and I don't plan on lettin you go anytime soon." Leaning in and kissing him.
Absolutely amazing. He should have been her rebound relationship and here she was commiting to more than just a short term fling. Neither one of them took relationships lightly and he was the last to think of marriage but this woman had him seeing the white picket fences minus the perks. He knew most likely children would never be an option with them at her age and he was fine with that. She had two nephews and three nieces they could spoil rotten. He already had the home. Just needed to make it THEIRS. You know, the his and hers bath towels. A guy thinking about this stuff right? He obviously wasn't thinking about it at that very moment as her lips explored every inch of him. Rising to the occasion before she even got there.
She stopped mid chest and looked down then back up into his eyes."I can stop you know." It was incredible. SHE...did this to him. Granted, they were still in that honeymoon phase of their relationship but still. Whoda thunk? Her turning Nick Carter on? It was still hard to believe. She knew she couldn't give him the things a younger woman could as far as marriage was concerned but she didn't believe he was even thinking about that. She knew he loved her but right about now the only commitment they had was to pleasure. Sure they enjoyed each other's company. Some would say they were too perfect for one another but she was being realistic and letting it go where it went until it was no longer. She didn't want to let herself believe that there was more to this than just a tour long fling.
"Oh sure. Get me all worked up then leave me to my own devices."
"Now that I'd pay to see."
"How much?" He grinned.
"A song."
"A song?"
"Yeah. I'll write a song just for you." Pressing her lips against his chest.
"You write?"
"Of course I do. I'm not just a pretty voice with a pretty face. I do have some talent."
"I know." Wiggling his eyebrows.
"I'm done."
"You mean I don't get to show you what you want?"
She moved her hand down and started stroking him." I don't know that you need to worry about it when you got my mouth right here to give you that pleasure."
His cock grew just with her words. Then the phone rang. Fuck! She wasn't stopping either. He lifted the receiver off the hook and his voice squeaked,"Hello?"
"Tell me you two still aren't in bed."
"Okay I won't....Oh shit! Shel!"
Her eyes still locked with his,"What?" And grinned innocently.
"Okay. What's going on Age?" As she moved off to his side; fingers still tracing over his chest. Ah. New love. You can never seem to get enough of each other in the beginning. He had no doubts that they would ever lack in that department.
"Have lovergirl turn on channel 4. I think you guys need to see the next story."
He covered the mouthpiece and told her to turn on the tv.
"You still there?"
"Yeah I'm still here. So what's the big deal?"
"Just watch the show."
"Okay,"he agreed as he adjusted the pillows so he could rest up against the headboard. Shelly curled up against him and gave her attention the television screen. Right there on the screen they were. Kissing and laughing goodbye as he left her bus early one morning. Are these fucking robots or something cuz it sure as hell didn't seem like paparazzi ever slept anymore. Six o clock in the fucking morning! They knew the day was coming but like this?! Please!
Shelly pulled away and looked at him.
"Thanks for the warning bro'."
"How's Shelly?"
"Don't know."
"Tell him to put Theresa on,"Shelly said
"Put Theresa on."
"How'd she know... Never mind. Theresa,"he called for her and handed the phone over.
Nick handed the phone to Shelly."Theresa?"
"Hey chica. How you holding up?"
"I wish I could say better but I'd be lying."
"I know but you knew this was bound to happen sooner or later."
"I was just kinda hoping he and I were gonna be the ones to tell the world."
"Well I'm pretty sure you and I know who did this. I'd like to kick his scrawny little ass into next week."
"Theresa. I really do appreciate that but I don't need any lawsuits against my bestie. I can take care of him myself."
"I know you can. I just want to do it for fun,"She teased.
Shelly giggled slightly." I think I'm gonna go take a shower now though. I'll talk to you later okay?"
"Gotcha girlie.Call me if you need me."
"I will. Goodbye."And stretched over Nick to hang up the phone.
His eyes met hers. He knew it as well. He knew whom was behind it, he just couldn't do anything about it because he knew she needed to do it on her own.
"So this is what I signed up for?"She half heartedly joked.
"Sucks to be us right now doesn't it?"
"I know you're trying Nick and I really do appreciate it but I think I need a few minutes alone okay?"
"Whatever you need babe."
"I'm gonna go take a shower then maybe you can help me understand this whole media thing."
"Anything for you princess."
"Thank you."She softly kissed him before making the trip to the bathroom. She slipped under the steaming jets of water and let her tears finally mix with the water running over her face. She knew the day would come but she thought she'd be better prepared for it. Nick may have been younger but he treated her better than most of the older men she had dated. He asked for nothing in return but her love and that she was giving him as equally as he gave it to her. The way you're supposed to be in a relationship. She was scared shitless about the whole thing. Nick's been through the media blitzes with girlfriends. This was her first venture with a relationship and she wasn't sure she could handle it. It was fine when it was a secret but now.....
"You okay in there baby?"Nick's concerned voice came through the door. "Shel?" He knocked again. No answer. He opened the door and found her sitting on the floor of the shower; shivering. He turned the water off and grabbed a towel; quickly wrappping her up in it. Her arms immediately went around his neck when she realized she was being lifted up.
He held onto her and sat down on the bed with her; attempting to keep her warm.
"Nick?" She looked up at him; still quivering. Her voice so timid.
"Thank God you're okay. You scared me. What happened in there?"
"I don't know. I thought I could handle this but...Just hold me please!" Bursting into tears. She must have been catatonic in there for as worried as he was.
Wrapping his arms around her, his hands ran comfortingly up and down her back. He was as afraid of this as she was but he had to be the strong one right now."We're gonna make it Shel." They just had to.