- Text Size +
Two days and it would all be coming to an end. No more snuggling up against his warm body in the morning. No more good luck kisses before going on stage. No more Nick in her nights. People thought she didn't want to grow up. They were right and helped her keep that youthful part of herself. She wished she didn't have to leave him. They were standing in the doorway of her dressing room and she was leaning against the frame.
"I wish you didn't have to go Shel." His hand curved against her cheek.
She rested one hand on his and linked her fingers through his free hand." I'm gonna miss you too baby but I do have commitments I have to take care of."
" I know but I'm gonna miss waking up next to you in the morning." He hated that she had to go. He didn't want to be that guy that worried about his girlfriend latching onto another guy just because she could because he saw the men that came onto Shelly every chance they had. Well, ever since they found out they were dating. Seems that nobody wants you until you have somebody.
"You're too good for me." And smiled.
"No. You're too good for me," he said and leaned into kiss her.
So soft and subtle before he even dreamed of turning the fire up but once he did, it sizzled. That was the one thing she was gonna miss the most. His kisses. Well, that too but come on, the best part of getting there is starting with the foreplay. He let go of her hand and pulled her up tight against himself. Their tongues playing an intimate game as did their hands. It was nice that they didn't have to hide it anymore but his hand slipped down around her butt and she stopped him."I like the fact that we can kiss in public now but-
He interrupted her with another kiss, wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her back into the room. He closed the door as he set her down.
"Nick!" She protested but he backed her against the door.
"What?" He grinned and cocked his brow.
She couldn't resist him when he did that."Is the door locked?"
Reaching behind her, he checked and turned the lock."Now it is."
Lacing her fingers in his belt loops, she pulled him against herself.
"Is that a yes I detect?"
"I know it is for you,"she said with a smirk as his mouth descended on hers. Maybe it was wrong to get busy before she went on but somehow it seemed she put on a better show when they did. "Perhaps the couch would be more comfy,"she suggested.
"You read my mind." He pulled her legs up around him and moved over to the couch. He sat with her on his lap.
"Now this I'm going to miss,"Shelly smiled and unzipped his sweatjacket. Her eyes moved over his chest as did her hands.
"I like the way you touch me Shel."
"Shut up."She smiled and captured his mouth. Just as she was about to loosen his belt, Resa's voice came from the other side of the door.
"Get your clothes on you two and unlock the damn door!"
She rest her forehead against his and started giggling." She sounds mad."
"She always sounds mad."
"True."
"Fun's over,"he pouted as he zipped his sweatshirt back up.
"You can travel with me tonight." Shelly grinned and fluttered her lashes.
"Mmmmm. Can't wait."And kissed her.
She got up and unlocked the door to let her friend in.
"Later,"He said and kissed her one more time before he left them alone.
"I swear. That guy is so in love with you it's not even funny,"Resa commented.
"And I did everything I possibly could to deter him too."
"I do recall you telling me. About a million times."
"Fine. I'll keep my love life a secret from you then."
"Don't do that cuz I couldn't share my secrets with you then..or compare notes."
Shelly's eyes widened."You didn't?"
Theresa nodded with a silly grin on her face.
"Oh my God! You so did! Tell me!"
"Well you know how he kisses."
"Yeah I do. They'll take your breath away in a heartbeat."
"Well rush right in on that one."
"Sorry. He does know how to kiss."
"On all levels."
"That was a need to know basis lady. I didn't need to know."
"You're no fun." Sticking her tongue out at her friend.
"I am too. Just ask Nick." Grinning cheesily.
"Funny. I'm going back to my man since it's almost time for you to go on lady."
"Alright then. I'm so happy for you lady."Giving her friend a quick hug before she left the room.

Shelly was heading toward her dressing room when she heard the voice behind her.
"Shel! Hold on a minute!" Howie yelled down the temporarily empty corridor.
She knew she was going to regret it but she turned anyway."What do you want?"
He approached her and started," I know we've kinda gotten off on the wrong foot but I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I know we don't exactly see eye to eye."
"That's an understatement."
"Why won't you let me apologize?"
"Because I don't think you really mean it."
"Fair enough but I think you should understand that I'm just trying to watch out for the kid."
"Nick is not a child anymore and if all of you'd get your heads out of your asses, you'd see that he can actually make more of a decision than what he can do to make the little girl in the fourth row feel like she's the only one in the arena."
"You really think we treat him like that?"
"Yeah. I do."
"I guess we..well, I never looked at it like that. All of us just kind of looked out for him because he was a kid when we started out."
"Yeah and now he's a grown man. Old enough to make his own choices."
"And you think this is a good thing for you guys?"
" I know a good man when I meet one. He could have taken advantage of me from the very beginning but he didn't. I never planned on falling in love with him. I just did."
"I just want him to be happy."
"He is."
"Are you?" He brushed away the hair falling in her face; his fingertips grazing her skin as he'd pushed it behind her ear.
"Of course I am." Not feeling so sure she should be feeling what she was after such a simple gesture. Especially from a guy she couldn't stand now. At one time, she would have killed for his attention but that was just mere infatuation. Maybe it was that fact and the look in his eyes that told her she needed to get the fuck out of Dodge before she did something really stupid. He was married after all. Remember. You hate him.
"You sure?" His hand resting lightly on her shoulder; slowly running it up and down her arm.
"What are you doing?"
"What do you think I'm doing?"
"Unfuckingbelievable! Don't you ever come near me again!"
"Oh come on Shel, don't you want a real man?"
"Ugh! I have a real man." That just saw everything. Fuck!