- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this one's a lil short but the next will be longer. Enjoy!


Maybe it was for the best Shelly thought. Romance was just a distraction considering her budding career.
He was right. It was just a fling. Never once made it feel like she were just a passing phase though. Then again, he had years of celebrity to have a good pokerface. Theresa traveled with her that night; her bus pulling out long before they even came offstage. She knew her friend was giving up time she could be spending with AJ. Shelly also knew she wasn't very god company that evening either. She heard bits and pieces of the conversation Theresa was involved in as she progressed to the back of the bus; hearing the seperator curtain snap shut.
"How's it going?"AJ said.
"If you're referring to Shelly, she's going through hell. I don't like what Nick did but I don't exactly blame him for his reaction either."
"So you're not mad at him anymore?"
"No I'm still pissed off at Howie though. He's an asshole."
"We had a little discussion and I can assure you that he won't bother her again."
"Meaning?"
"Meaning we've been friends as long as you two have and I'd kick his ass if ever did anything so goddam stupid in his life again. I reminded him of that adorable little boy and the one they have on the way. That brought him right back to reality."
"I'm really worried about Shel though. She was upset when David split with her but Nick just killed her."
"I've seen Nick mope Theresa but he's kicking himself in the ass for what he did to her. He's crazy about her. He's trying to apologize but she won't answer her phone."
"Do you blame her?"
"No. I'll tell him to lay off til we get to the hotel. Give her a little breathing room."
"I don't know if she'll even talk to him then."


He hated what he'd done and wished to God she would pick up her phone but he couldn't really blame her. He did finally give up over the course of the night but when he tried to make contact the next morning, she wouldn't even answer her room phone. There was no way she could avoid him at the arena though and he wouldn't be denied her attention then. He would get down on his hands and knees if had to. He knew she would be heading for make up soon so that's when he made his play. When she saw him she turned her eyes down to avoid his but he wasn't backing off." Come on, Shel. I just want five minutes." Finding that she wasn't going to stop, he dashed ahead and got on his knees,"Shelly. Look at me! I'm on my knees!"
She stopped short and looked at him. She wanted to forgive him but she couldn't forget what he'd said."What?! You told me it was over. Why should I listen to what you have to say? You broke my heart!"
"I know. I was upset. I can't help the way I feel about you Shel. I've never done anything like this in my life before."Reaching out and taking her hand." I am so in love with you Shelly. I don't want another man even thinking about you the way I do."
"And you think I want women looking at you the way I do?! That's not fair Nick! I gave you my heart and you just ripped it out in a matter of seconds last night. How am I supposed to feel?!"
"Please Shel. I don't want to lose you because of something so stupid."
"It wasn't stupid Nick. You knew what you were saying."
"Would I be on my knees begging you to give me another chance if I had any idea what was coming out of my mouth last night?"
"I don't know. Would you?"
"No! Please Shel?" He looked up into her eyes; pleading with his life.
He'd probably never had to beg a woman to stay with him in his life. He just gave 'em that cute little pout and the big, sad eyes. And she knew she was just as susceptible as another woman to his charms but it was fun watching him beg. Just a little more wouldn't kill him but just as she was about to give him some more grief , an unfamiliar voice came from out of nowhere.
"I see you're in the same position I left you in Nicky boy,"the female voice quipped.