- Text Size +
But apparently it wasn't foreign to Nick. He looked toward her; horrified.
"Did I interrupt something Nickolas?" She smirked.
"Am I missing something here?"Shelly interrupted.
"Shelly right?" She extended her hand towards her.
"Yeah. And you are?"
"Skylar Watson. Your new road manager."
"I am so sorry. I just thought I wouldn't be meeting you until tomorrow. Shelly Taylor." Letting go of Nick's hand and shaking Skylar's." Forgive me but how do you know Nick?"
"You mean you don't know? Nick and I used to be an item."
"Okay."
"You and Nick?" She raised her brow.
"Um, we're working on that right now. Could you give us about five and I'll meet you in make-up?"
"Sure." She smiled brightly and walked away from the couple.
Nick got up off the floor and looked at Shelly.
"Any other surprises Nicky?" Shelly glared at him.
"Oh come on Shel. I had no clue she'd be taking Brent's place."
"But you knew there was a possibility didn't you?"
Nick looked away and she pulled his gaze back to hers."Yes! Are you happy now?"
"No! She's an ex girlfriend. One that looks like she wants to get back into your pants."
"No she doesn't. She broke up with me."
"Yeah cuz all women want to leave you behind."Shelly rolled her eyes incredulously.
"Ask her."
"Don't think I won't!"
" I know you will. So about us?"
"Nick I don't know."
"You were thinking about it until she showed up weren't you?"
Shelly sighed. She couldn't lie to him. And he had never lied to her."Yes but you know what this means don't you?"
"Shel, our relationship has been rocky from the beginning, why stop now?" And grinned that adorable lopsided grin of his.
No denying that. It was a wonder they'd lasted this long. She returned his smile and said,"What am I gonna do with you?"
"Well I can think of a few things." Wiggling his brows as he pulled her closer.
"Don't push your luck Carter."
"Just testin ya. We do this at your speed remember?"
"I do. Just making sure you did."
"I guess I'd better let you go huh?"
"Yeah but not before I do this." Softly kissing him.
"I will never hurt you like that again. I promise." And kissed her before he let her go.


Skylar quickly stepped back into the room."Everything okay?"
"It is now,"Shelly said as she took a seat at the long table holding the cosmetics.
"If you don't mind my asking, how long have you two been seeing each other?"
"You mean they didn't fill you in?" Shelly teased. She had to do something to ease the tension.
"Oh no, they told me you were dating, just not how long."
"About three months."
"That's a record for him."
"I thought he dated Lauren for two years."
"Well you know how this on the road stuff goes. He met her when they weren't touring. It's different."
Okay, this was going to be fun she could already tell so she played dumb and asked,"What do you mean different?"
"Well when you're on the road, you're usually just looking for somebody to keep you warm at night."
Here we go. She could already tell they'd just replaced Brent with a female version of himself."Skylar, as much as I'm loving this conversation, we're done."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm not sure what your game is but I can assure that I'm far too old and wise to be playing high school games when it comes to a man."
"I'm sure I don't know what you mean. I'm here only to make sure you get on stage and to your interviews on time. I dumped him. Why would I want the asshole back?" But she did because he had one very nice asset every woman wanted.
She knew the girl was lying through her teeth but she pretended she'd accustomed herself to the fact that every woman wanted what was inside her boyfriend's jeans. "I'm sorry. I guess I get defensive when it comes to him."
"I can understand. There was a time when I would have killed any woman that looked at him cross eyed."
Continuing the charade, Shelly said,"I'm glad we got that out of the way. I think we're gonna get along just fine."
"Can't wait." Skylar smiled though she was gritting her teeth. Bitch! This wasn't going to be as easy as she thought.


Nick watched as Shelly gave the performance of her life. The fans were finally starting to come around and accept her as his girlfriend. Well at least the non obsessive fans did. There were always gonna be the psychos. It was unavoidable. However, Skylar was not. If he were going to see Shelly when she was touring, she would unfortunately be there. They had a short but passionate fling. Something he could have lived without.
"She's very talented Nick. Is she that good in the bedroom?"Skylar commented.
He turned and looked at her. She wants to play games? I'll give her a game she won't soon forget."As a matter of fact, she's the best I've ever had."
"I thought I was the best Nicky."
"You were a mistake I made Sky."
"You didn't think so at the time."
"I was still too young to know what I was doing with a woman."
"So you went right for the experience this time. Good job."
"I'm in love with her and it's not because of what she can do behind closed doors. We understand each other. She doesn't have this mentality of always having to be an adult. You expected me to be mature at twenty three. That was your big mistake."
"Maybe we were too young then but I've changed a lot too y'know."
"That's nice Sky but that means I've changed too. I may not be the guy you want anymore either."
Don't be so sure of that she thought."Maybe but you'll outgrow her."
"Well you're entitled to your opinion but if you'll excuse me I'm trying to enjoy the show."
Well the asshole part hadn't changed but that wasn't going to stop her from getting what she wanted. Not by a longshot.