- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm trying to keep up with my stories but life takes funny little turns so this may be my savior with all that's going on right now. Thanks for being patient and enjoy!

"So you gonna be okay with this?"Shelly asked him that morning as she twisted her hair up and pulled it into a clip. They had discussed Skylar, the asshole and the tour the night before.
"Are you?"
"I asked first."Shecould see his reflection in the mirror from behind her and it wasn't showing that confidence she felt last night when they'd talked.
"I really wish I could change your mind about it Shel but I understand your reasons."
"Okay, now to answer you. I'm scared to death. These are people that share a rocky past with you. They're determined to make my life a living hell when you're not around."
"No they won't."Sliding his arms down around her." I told her I'd make hell look pretty if she touched a single hair on your head."
Shelly turned in his arms and laid one on him."You are my knight in shining armor Mister. I love you!"
" I love you too babe. I'm gonna miss you."
"We'll talk on the phone and I hear they have this fancy little thing called laptop computers that we could....well, you know."
"Glad you find yourself amusing."
"I find you amusing. That's why I'm marrying you. Well that and." Making the suggestion just as the doorbell rang.
"Saved by the bell." He grinned.
"Funny." She slid out of his arms and made her way to the front door."Good morning Skylar."
"Well good morning to you too. One medium Carribean Passion from Jamba Juice for the star. Did I get it right?"
"One of my many faves but thank you."
"Just looking out for my girl. So is loverboy up yet?"
And there was the end of the niceties."Not that it's any of your business but I think he's getting ready to do some laps in the pool."
"You would be correct,"Nick said as he came upon the two wearing nothing more than his swim trunks.
Damn him! Now she'd want to jump him all day."I'll be home for dinner right Skylar?" Turning her attention briefly to her manager.
Bitch! "That's the plan,"she answered sweetly. Fuck she hated playing nice.
"Love you babe." She kissed Nick then picked up her bag. "See you tonight."
"Love you too,"he called out after her as they got into Skylar's vehicle.
"He really does love you doesn't he?" Skylar commented once they were on the road.
"Yes he does. "
"You know this is just a game for him."
"Skylar, you knew him ten years ago when you were both kids so the guy you knew was immature and had a lot of growing to do. He's done all the kid's games so if you're planning to play any, I suggest you drop your bag of tricks at the office then take me to rehearsal."
"Jeez, it was just conversation."
"So is that what you have with Justin? Cuz I really don't see it. Why him?"
"Because he accepts me for who I am and," hesitating long enough for her to take a drink."He has a huge cock that I can't get enough of ."
Shelly choked on her drink. The girl was good. She wanted to play games?! Bring it on! "I see. I guess that's why I don't have problems getting what I want from men. I don't make it my prerogative to fuck each and every one of them." There!
"You think that's why I wanted Nick?"
"Skylar, your Daddy runs things and you generally get everything you want in life. It just kills you that Nick didn't want you."
Slut! He'll get tired of her. Soon as I convince him he is.
When they arrived at the studio, Skylar couldn't get out of the car fast enough. She almost locked Shelly in. And so it starts. Shelly grabbed her bag and caught up to the spoiled little brat shortly thereafter."You can be a spoiled little rich bitch all you want but we have to work together despite my better judgement."
"So you actually have some guts?" She turned back to Shelly. She honestly thought the girl didn't have a backbone.
"I don't care what the hell you think of me. Nick proposed to me. I'm going to marry him. Get over it!"
"I wasn't worried about that."
"The hell you weren't. Justin is just a distraction for you. You may think I'm a little naive about life but after having to deal with Nick's psycho fans for the last few months, I have no qualms about doing you in and discarding the remains out there in the Pacific with the sharks."
"Jeez Shel, loosen up a little. So I am upset about him proposing to you. I'm not allowed to feel?"
"I never said that. Let's just keep our personal and professional lives seperate okay?"
"You're the boss."
"Not really but let's just try to get along okay?"
"You got it."
Hearing the faint rhythm pulsating from just ahead of them."What's going on?"
"What do you mean?"
"Justin's here."
" I'm surprised you know his music."
"Just a note. Because I live with a pop star doesn't mean I don't listen to other artists."
"But wouldn't Nick be upset if he knew you listened to Justin?"
"Nick knows I had a life before him and just because I like the music doesn't mean I like him."
"You're very opinionated."
"And you're not?"
"Fair enough."
"So where is my rehearsal hall?"
"Just a couple doors down from his. He wants to know how you do too."
"I have videos."
"Don't know why but it's not the same for him he says. We're supposed to let him know when you got here so he could take a peek on his next break."
"Fine. Let's get it overwith." Shelly followed Skylar into the large room and waited for them to finish the number they were working on.
"Sky!"Justin approached and planted one on her.
Shelly was sure it was for show but she smiled when he turned his attention to her.
"Hey Shelly! Ready to go?"
"It's early but I'm getting there."
"So everything going okay?" Skylar said.
"So far so good except my primary hasn't shown up yet so I've had to rehearse without a partner."
"That's a little difficult isn't it?"
"I'd ask one of the other girls to fill in but they like me about as much as Shelly here does."
"But Shel's a professional aren't ya Shel?"
"Yeah but that doesn't mean I wanna dance with him."
"Just this one number and I promise I won't ask for anything else Shel. It would really help me out,"Justin pleaded.
"Fine,"She reluctantly agreed.
"Well I wouldn't want you to do it out of the kindness of your heart or nothing,"Skylar commented as Shelly stretched.
As Shelly's arms went over her head."Do you want me to do this or not cuz I've got numbers I've got to work on too."
"Give it a rest Skylar,"Justin warned.
"thank you." Shelly finished stretching and said,"I'm yours. Take me through it."
" Okay everybody. Back to work. Let's run her through My Love."
Shelly's reluctance to work with him was well founded. Mr. Timberlake had a penchant for making his choreography a good fuck rather than dancing. Brutal perhaps but as his fingertips sunk into her hips, she knew trouble was brewing. However, she was never one to go back on her word so she continued to follow his lead. As he brought her back to himself, he grabbed her ass and said in her ear,"You catch on quickly."
"I'm a professional."
"Professional what?"
That's when she managed to free herself from his grip." Look, I don't know how half the women in this room got their gig but if you think I'm gonna get down on my knees to keep the opening spot, you've got another thing coming."
"Isn't that how you got your first gig?" He smirked.
The music had stopped and the whole room was watching them. It would be so easy to slap him but she wasn't about to give him the satisfaction."No. I just busted his."
His eyes widened as everyone in the room struggled to control their laughter.
"What's going on?" The new party said; totally unaware of what was going on as she entered the hall.
"You must be Justin's dance partner," Shelly said walking toward the young lady.
"Yeah. Vickie. Do I even wanna know?" She said as she sat her bag on the floor.
"I'm Shelly, Justin's opening act. Unless you wanna sue him for sexual harrassment then no,you don't wanna know."
Vickie leaned in and whispered in Shelly's ear." He tried it the first time we danced and let's just say it was the last time he tried. We have a professional partnership now."
They both laughed then Shelly turned her attention back to Justin."Smart girl you got here JT. Now I can get on with my business. Have fun," Shelly said; locating her bag and walking out the door


That evening just as things were wrapping up, Shelly turned to find Nick standing in the doorway of the rehearsal hall with a single red rose. Her heart just melted. Her Mother always told her she should marry an older man but her heart just knew better. Older men came with A LOT of baggage and were set in their ways with no flexibility whatsoever. Nick was starting to meet that in the middle. Sure she'd thought of him as a kid before but she had watched him grow up on the stage. He was a man now and even after everything she did to destroy his masculinity, he still loved and wanted to marry her. He smiled and walked across the room to her."This is a surprise."
"It's supposed to be. I missed you today."
"I missed you too baby,"she said as his arms slipped around her."So what'd you do today?" Smiling as she looked up into those gorgeous baby blues.
"Thought about you all day." Grinning cheesily.
"You sweet talker you."Leaning up and kissing him.
"I actually was thinking about you a lot today but I have another suprise for you."
"What might that be?"
"First of all," he said pulling away from her."The rose and.....I'm taking you out to dinner."
"I'm hardly dressed to go out to dinner."
"Shel, it's a very casual place. Do I look dressed up?"
"No, but you've had time to freshen up."
"Trust me Shel, the place we're going is so intimate it's reserved for just you and me."
"What's going on Nick?"
"I'm trying to be romantic here beautiful and you're ruining it for me."
"Oh, is that what this is?"
"Yes,"he said as he threw her bag over his shoulder."Don't make me throw you over my shoulder too."
"Oh come on!" She teased.
"Don't tempt me."
"Okay. Lead the way. I'm at your mercy."


He pulled the vehicle over about a mile away from their destination. He figured she probably already knew what they were doing but she played along anyway and let him blindfold her."Give me a few minutes and I'll come back for you okay?"Kissing her cheek before going around to the back of the car. He returned as he said and helped her out of the car. After closing the door and locking up, he took her hand and helped her down the path to the beach.
"Nick. please."
"Just a little further.I promise."
"Okay."
"Okay,"He said as he removed the blindfold.
She was speechless. He was absolutely amazing when the world wasn't scrutinizing his every move. Maybe that was just it. She was the only one that mattered and he knew she would be flattered by every gesture he made.
"Shel?"
"Yeah."She turned to him; smiling but with tears in her eyes.
"You're doing that girlie thing on me aren't you?"
She nodded."You are absolutely amazing babe."
"Can I tell you something?"
"Anything."
"I've never done this for anyone before."
"All that talk about romantic evenings on the beach?"
"I've done a lot of things in the moonlight on the beach but romantically, you're the one and only."
This time she was speechless. She couldn't find the words and the tears just kept coming.
"Shel, it's okay."
"Nick, I've never had anyone try so hard to make me happy as you have." She caught her breath for a minute before continuing. "I never thought I'd be one of those women that would be so emotional over something like this."
"Then sit down, I'll pour us some wine and you can tell me all about what happened today."
'"Okay. How do you do that?"
"I know your moods Shel. Remember, we've nearly lived together for four months now. Being on the road and all."
"And yet you still want to spend the rest of your life with me."
" I thought you were over that Shelly."
"I am."
"So sit down and I'll make all your troubles go away."
She kissed him softly then sat down on the blanket.
Grabbing the bottle of wine, he poured her a glass. After handing it to her, he joined her on the blanket. She eased back between his legs and took a sip of her wine. "So tell me what the torturous twosome bombarded you with today,"he said.
"You know them better than I do."
"But I wasn't there. Tell me what they did." He gently massaged her shoulders.
"That feels so good."
"You ain't avoiding it babe. Tell me."
"Well she seems to think she's gonna win you back if the little jerk off distracts me."
" Well I know that but what'd they do?"
"Gave his primary dancer the wrong directions to the rehearsal hall then coaxed me into running through the number with him."
"I'll kill him." He gripped her shoulders.
"Hey! that hurts."
"I'm sorry. I just hate the thought of him anywhere near you."
"I like that you're protective of me honey but I can handle him. I've managed to fend a few like him off in my lifetime."
"I know."
"So let's forget about that and talk about something better."
"Like?" He said and resumed rubbing her shoulders.
"Our wedding."
"I like that."
"Me too."
"So what'd you have in mind princess?"
"Funny you should mention that. I was looking through some websites for wedding planners when I came across the Disney wedding site."
"A Disney themed wedding?" His hands stopped moving.
Shelly turned around to face him."No. It's our wedding in front of Cinderella's Castle."
"For real?"
"You don't like it."
"I think I do. I just want to know why you want to do it."
"I've always wanted the wedding of a princess and now that I can financially do that, I want to. I want to arrive in the crystal carriage and have my Father give me away to my Prince Charming."
"I'm no Prince."
"You're my Prince so live with it Carter."
"So can we have Disney characters at the wedding?"
"Yeah."
"Then I'm in."
"And you weren't before?"
"No. I just always thought weddings were about the bride."
"If I recall seeing Brian's wedding through the eyes of a woman, it's not all about the bride. It's our day.You get a say as well."
"Then let's do it. Let's set the date."