- Text Size +
Well that one came back to bite him in the ass. Still hurt like hell though. He wanted to rip the bastard from limb to limb and bury him in random spots but he was an adult. He couldn't kill the guy or even maim him. He could however wring the guy's neck verbally. Shelly brushed coldly passed him before he started."As much as I want to rip you a new one, I cannot for the life of me understand what compels you to hit on every last one of my girlfriends."
"Because they're hot Carter. I don't know what you put in their drinks."
"It's called being a man but you wouldn't get that."
"Apparently not or they wouldn't be all over my shit."
Please God give me the strength not to beat the living crap out of him!" She had a minute of weakness there."
"What? You're not pissed off at her?"
"Of course I am but you most likely instigated it."
"I did nothing. She kissed me too. I didn't force her."
"You never do."
"I can't help it if you're not man enough for any of them."
Just let me damage him a little please? He balled his fist up."Y'know. You're right Timberlake. I do let women walk all over me."
"Really?"
Catching him off guard was the best ploy he'd ever come up with. He hit him in square in the gut. Not enough to do. any damage to his face but enough for him to suffer before showtime."No. Not really." That felt really good he looked to the Heavens then returned inside the venue. He plopped down on the sofa in Shelly's dressing room. What happened to her? Just a month ago she was kneeing this guy in the nuts and now she was liplocking him. It didn't make sense. He'd taken it slow before and lost out on a lot of great girls but when he got Shelly, he knew he didn't need to waste any time in making that next move. The puzzle finally fit with her. Was she becoming 'Hollywood'? He hated to even think that way but first the wedding at Disney now the ice cold reaction to him. Okay, so the wedding didn't bother him so much. She deserved to have the wedding of her dreams just like any woman but if something like this incident had happened before, she would have fled in tears. She just wasn't the same woman he fell in love with. They needed to work this out. They had to. Nick was scrolling down his laptop when he heard the door open. His eyes moved briefly from the screen to find Skylar there."Where's Shelly?"
"Aw Nick. No hello for me?"
"I'm not in the mood."
"I heard Shelly was."
"I'd rather not revisit that."
"Too soon?"
"You've been the cause of most of our trouble today so it would seem to me you would buy a clue and leave well enough alone."
"Now you're starting to sound like her."
"I should've let her beat you to a bloody pulp."
"You don't mean that Nicky."
"Considering she was macking on your man earlier tonight, you're taking it rather well."
"And you are?"
"No I'm not that's why I think you should get your ass out of here before she gets back."
Skylar made herself comfortable next to him on the couch." I know you still think of me Nick."
"That was just a physical reaction to a touch."
"Do you get turned on by every woman that touches you cuz I think Shelly might want to know about that."
"Don't you have something better to do?"
"Nothing better than you Nicky,"she whispered in his ear.
Her breathing on him was a distraction. Nothing he really missed. Her hand on his thigh however was something she was quite remarkable with. He could move it. She wasn't repulsive physically."I thought JT was your cuppa."
"He's a nice little distraction but he's not the one." She continued massaging his thigh.
"Who is?" He felt himself reacting to her touch again.
She giggled."Come on Nick. Don't be so blonde. You know it's you,"Skylar said; pushing the laptop computer from his lap and making herself comfortable.
"Two wrongs don't make it right Sky."
"But it could be fun," she said; slowly unbuttoning her blouse.
He knew he couldn't disguise the look in his eyes. It was a nice view and it could be just recreational."Yes it could," he replied and pushed the silk blouse off her shoulders; quickly burying his face in her chest. She had one of those easy access bras on. He detached it and went to town.
Skylar knew she had him. His lips traveled upward along her neck and brought her mouth to his. It was a full on assault. In her mind, this would get rid of the old bag. She fumbled through the buttons of his shirt. God! she loved his body.
Nick pulled away breathless." We can't do this."
"You were doing pretty well there for a few minutes."
"Don't stop on my account,"Shelly remarked as she passed through and behind the screen where her street clothes were. She could play the broken hearted fiance but that would feeding right into Skylar's ego. Shelly was going to be a grown up this time and have the last laugh. She'd been so naive to believe that she could actually do this tour without trouble.
"Get off of me!"Nick growled.
"You heard the lady. I think we should give her a show."Skylar was feeding off his anger.
Breaking her grip around his neck."You really don't want to fuck with me Skylar."
"No, I just want to fuck you."
That was it! He let go of her and stood. Her back hit the floor."Dammit Carter! You'll pay for this!"
"Give it a rest. You planned this."
"I didn't hear you complaining." She got and pulled herself together with a shiteatin grin.
"Get out of here!"
"You are just so damn sexy when you're dominate!" She smirked before leaving the room.
Damn her! He should have known better. " Shel. Let's talk. We both screwed up a lot today. I'm sorry."
Sorry he got caught. She came out from behind the divider with her bag and stood in front of the mirror. Silent treatment didn't work too well before. Maybe he'll get the clue this time. She fluffed her hair and checked her make up.
"Come on Shel. You have to talk to me sometime."
She turned to face him."You're right. I do. Get your shit and go wait on the bus for me. I'll be out when I'm damn good and ready."
"But-
"But nothing! I'll talk to you when I'm damn good and ready too." Her cell phone ringing at just that moment. She picked it up. Theresa. Oh great! Showtime!" Hey lady! What's going on?"
"That's what I'd like to know. I've heard from you in a couple weeks. You are still alive aren't you ?" Theresa teased.
"Last time I checked I was. So how's it going with you?" She said to her friend while glaring at Nick.
Defeated, he grabbed his things and headed toward the tour bus. She had no right but then again, neither did he.