- Text Size +
"Whatcha doing?" The gravely voice came from above her.
Looking up from her cell phone, she saw AJ."Hey. How's it going?"
"Not bad but I know you didn't stay just to listen to our soundcheck," he commented as he took the folding chair next to hers in the arena.
"No. I stayed to watch you shake your bootay,"she teased.
"Y'know, you're as bad as that friend of yours."
"And which one would that be?"
"You mean you have more than one?"
"At least I have one."
"One point to the lady but on a serious note, we're going dancing after the show, wanna come?"
"Is Age bothering you Shel?"Nick sat down on the opposite side of her.
Just the fact that he was this close to her sent her blood boiling and the heat rising from the center of her legs. And that he could do it just by his mere presence baffled her. No man had ever done that and Nick was nearly fifteen years her junior. He shouldn't have that kind of power over her. Well the fact that she could remember the way her skin tingled as his tongue traced over it didn't help matters either. So far they'd managed to keep things under the radar but it was getting harder and harder to disguise it when they had to look at one another."No. Just wanted to know if I wanted to go dancing with you guys tonight."
"And?"
"I'm thinking about it but I gotta go. You know, that silly work thing they make me do every now and again,"she teased as she rose from her chair and left AJ and Nick alone.
Nick's eyes remained glued to her ass as she walked away. Three months was a long time in man years to go without but he decided he was doing it for the greater good. What he didn't know....oh wait, he did. She was a woman, not some little twentysomething starlet trying to further her career.
"God Carter! Take a picture,"AJ said.
"What?"
"How long you been doing that?" Referring to Shelly.
"I'm not. I thought we'd gone over the fact that she's hot."
"Yeah but you were burning a hole in her ass like you'd already tapped it."
"C'mon AJ, we're friends."
"You keep saying that."
"Because it's the truth J. Just let it go,"he replied exasperatedly as he started walking away from his friend.
"Then I guess you won't mind if I try and hit her up then."
Nick froze in his tracks. That he didn't expect. More like didn't want to hear but he had to play it off. They knew the media blitz that was going to occur once they revealed their relationship and right now they were going with the later, rather than sooner scenario. Loosening the tautness in his broad shoulders, he plastered on a smile before turning his head and replied,"Knock yourself out." Before heading around the corner. When he knew he was a safe distance down the hallway, he started typing in a message to her on his cell.


Nick: Are you going?

Shelly: Are you?

Nick: You know you don't have to.

Shelly: Would it bother you if I did?

Nick: No.

Shelly: I know u too well Nick. It's AJ isn't it?

Nick: Yeah. I know how he is.

Shelly: I can handle AJ. U know better than that lollipop :op

Nick: Are U sure?

Shelly: Positive.

Nick: Then I'll see u later?

Shelly : Turn around

Nick: Okay.



Taking her direction, he turned to see her standing in the doorway of the dressing room. He blushed for the first time as she was wearing nothing more than a robe. The things he could do.
"You're kinda cute when you do that,"she commented and winked."See ya later, studly." And closed the door.