- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you all for reading and reviewing. I'm always happy to read my reviews...

“Hey are you going to get up off that couch or what? Are you having Lauren withdrawals or something? NICK!!”

He looked up from where he was sitting and gave me a dirty look, “Stop pestering me…go bother someone else. I want to be alone…please.” He turned his gaze back to the TV.   

Nick wasn’t the usual funny dork this evening. I was wondering if being away from his woman was fucking with his hormones. Men can’t be without getting laid, unlike us women. Or should I say me. I could probably go on forever without having sex. Except when I’m around Alex…it’s like illegal pheromones leak from his pores.

  

I was all dolled up for once.

  

I was gonna visit my parents first, then Alex and lastly I would go out for sushi with Kevin before our shift. It’s not a date or anything. We are just going as friends. The dress and heels are just so I can look normal at least one day out of the week. Plus my mom and dad can see the little girl they raised, instead of the tomboy in jeans and a t-shirt or uniform. Oh not to mention that I can die elegant looking.

 

With a shrug I walked out the door, still wondering what the hell was eating Nick Carter. But I’d worry about him later…right now I was on a mission to tell my father, my biggest secret.    

 

At five o’clock I was knocking on my parents’ door.   

 

My dad opened and alarms went off in my head, when he gave me a scowl. Which sent my stomach into a fluttering frenzy. It was rare when my dad was angry at me.   “Hi daddy” I grinned, kissing his cheek and waltzing into the living room. My mom was at the kitchen sink as always. There weren’t even any dishes to wash. I guess she likes that area of the house the most, it’s where I see her every time I come.  

 

“You look nice.” My dad spoke sharply.   

 

I wasn’t sure if it was a compliment by the tone of his voice. “Alright dad spit it out. Mom what is going on?” I asked, planting a kiss on her cheek.  

 

“Don’t tell her…let her tell us.” My dad retorted joining us in the kitchen. “I can’t believe you…it’s so disappointing.”  

 

Oh shit.   

 

Something disappointing to my dad about me…would definitely be, me sleeping with Alex. This was it, he had found out about it. I was doomed and he’d start cussing me out in Spanish and banning me from the house forever. Every time my dad was mad at me, Alex, was the first reason I could come up with. Funny what guilt will do to you.   

 

So, I usually kept my mouth shut until my dad got fed up and would blurt out his issue with me. I never take the chance of jumping the gun.  

 

I crossed my arms and gave a pout, “I come here to see you guys and I get this. First Nick nearly bites my head off and now you guys. I’m leaving now.”   

 

“Why didn’t you call us…” he shouted and I looked at him a bit confused. Call about what? “When you got shot Sophia. Damned the day I let you become a cop. Damned it.”  

 

I rolled my eyes, with a loud sigh of relief. “It wasn’t really your choice dad. Plus, I’m just as tough as the guys. I can take care of myself you know. I’m still alive.” My hands were in the air, and my voice squeaky.  

 

“It’s not about that…it’s about the fact that you don’t bother calling us. What if you died?” he raised his eyebrows, waiting for my response.  

 

Shrugging my shoulder, I gave him a smart ass response. “Then…someone would have called. Daddy, I’m not a baby anymore. Moooom…tell him.”  

 

My brain was working overtime, trying to guess which one of those assholes had told my dad. That was the worst part about being the baby, everyone was always in my business. “Which one told you? Was it Nick cause I’ve been pestering him the past couple of days?” My dad nodded. “It was Brian he told you, cause he was there.” Another nod. “Howard!” He was actually smiling now. “Alexander…wait till I---”  

 

“It was none of them. I am friends with the captain and everyone else at the precinct…did you forget? Nick, Brian nor Howie have called today. As for that low life Alex…he did visit. Just to make my blood boil. I wonder what we did to turn him into a monster…no, you know what, he was already a damn monster. What the hell were we thinking when we took---”  

 

My mom threw her rag at dad, it landed on his shoulder. He looked up at her startled and she gave him a look. “Don’t you dare say it. We knew he was troubled and we didn’t really have problems with him till he was older and able to make his own decisions.”  

 

“Yeah well now he’s an embarrassment to my name. I’m a retired officer of the law and my name should be remember---”  

 

I couldn’t help cutting my dad off. “Dad! Alex is a good person and he‘s a great cop. So…he’s got a couple of issues and people tend to think he’s a bad guy. But he’s not. None of my brothers are…I don’t want to hear this anymore. I’m leaving.” I took my keys off the counter kissed my mom and glared at my dad.

 

Why was everyone against Alex? Maybe they saw something I didn’t. Maybe my love for him had me blinded to his menacing ways.  

 

The drive from my dad’s house to Alex’s isn’t that far. He lives up by the mountains in a very cozy house. I think he bought property when it went on sale like my dad, because his yard goes on and on. Yet, his house is a really small three bedroom cottage. I’m not sure how a cottage ended up in the middle of all the bigger houses. But I think the place suits him.    

 

I drove through the gate onto the graveled driveway and parked in front of the small house. His escalade and the dark blue Chevelle that I love were both parked in front of the garage. I was surprised to see the door open, as I stepped onto the porch and peered in.   

 

He was laying on the couch, with no shirt on and a bag of ice on his face. My eyes traced all the visible tattoos on his arms and the smoothness of his stomach.

 

“Who’s there?” He asked, not bothering to move a muscle.  I jumped back startled that he knew someone was at the door. “Um…it’s me.” I gave a small wave, even though he wasn’t looking. Stepping into the house, my heels clicked against the wooden floor. “I…came to see how you were doing?”  

 

He finally moved the bag of ice and sat up half way. The muscles of his stomach tightened, making me get a hot flash. “Hmmm…I got a busted lip, a big ass knot on my cheek and I’ll be lucky if my eye doesn’t get darker.” Alex got off the couch, flung the bag into the kitchen sink and walked over to me. Clearing my throat I took a couple of steps back and bumped into the fireplace.

 

 “I…” he pointed to himself and my eyes didn’t hesitate to look him over. “…am not doing good. Thanks to your new boyfriend.”  “He’s not my boyfriend and I could bet that you started it.” I looked up at him with a stern look. “Anyways you did just as much damage.”  

 

He rested his hands against the fireplace, locking me in with his arms. I saw sorrow in his eyes as he looked deep into mine. If it wasn’t because I knew him, I would have thought he might break down and cry. “Good! I should have killed him.” His eyes locked on my chest, and slowly moved down. “What’s the occasion"

I didn’t think it would be such a great idea to tell him that I was going out with his arch enemy after my visit. At least not at the moment. “What did you do to dad? He was very upset today and he was talking a lot of crap.”  

Alex grinned and let out a bitter laugh, “What’s new? He hates me…I’m his black sheep. Said he was ashamed to call me a son.” he shrugged and I could see the pain it caused him.   

“I don’t think he means it.”  

“People always mean what they say.”   

I knew where he was going with that comment. It was about everything I had said on new year’s eve. “Well you’re alive and kicking. I’m sorry about your face…but I have to go now.”  

He moved his face closer to mine and it made me very nervous. I could already feel myself getting dizzy with desire. “Who is he?”   

“What?” I looked at him startled, “I don’t know what you’re talking about?”   

He shook his head and bit the inside of his cheek. I could feel the tears filling my eyes. Now all I wanted was to hug him and let him know that I loved him, no matter what my dad said. I opened my mouth to say it, when my phone buzzed in my hand.

 

We both looked down and I saw the familiar picture flashing on my caller ID. I took the phone and was about to answer, when he snatched it from my hand and threw it across the room. It crashed against the wall and broke into pieces.   

 

“What the hell was that for?” I asked pushing him out of my way. I bent down to pick up the pieces.  

 

“You know he’s no better than me. At least you know what I’m about. You know the real me. What do you know about him? What I know is that all he wants…is to fuck you. If he hasn’t already. That’s what all the guys at the precinct want.”   

 

My jaw dropped slightly at his comment. Was he including himself in the bunch? I slowly stood back up and swallowed the knot in my throat. “Is that including you?”  

 

He didn’t answer, instead he gave me a light shrug and tightened his jaw.   

 

Alex can really be a jerk when he wants to. He can make you feel as minimal as a pestering fly. And even though he put his hands on me once. I disregarded it. Why? Because I love him and I don‘t think he meant to.   

 

I was really trying not to cry, but I was losing the battle against my tears. “Maybe dad is right. He shouldn’t have taken you in…because you are a monster.” I was almost tempted to grin, because I knew that cut deep.   

 

His hands were on his hips, where his pants hung low on his toned pelvic muscles. He shook his head and looked at me with puppy eyes. Which made me want to take my words back. I had to get out of there. So I began for the door.  

 

“What do you want from me Sophia?” He spoke almost in a whisper.  

 

His voice made me stop at the door. I wasn‘t sure what I wanted from Alex. I know I wanted him to love me back, to be faithful to me and mostly to be the man he was BEFORE he partnered with Frank. “I don‘t want anything from you.” I muttered. Well that wasn’t what I wanted to say. I’m so stubborn.  

 

“You know better that if I was…just trying to fuck you. I wouldn’t be standing here and prom night would have been pretty much the first and last time…” he paused for a moment, but I didn’t turn to look at him. “Plus…you’ve broken my heart way more times than I have Sophia. You know I love you…I’m fucking jealous of any man that gets near you…and I’m dying cause you left me.”  

 

I bit into my lip, unable to control the butterflies in my stomach or the excessive drumming of my heart.   

 

“So…if you don’t love me, then you can walk out that door and I’ll never bother you again. Or you can turn around and…tell me that you love me too.”  

 

I closed my eyes and took in the moment.   

 

There wasn’t anything to think about. I knew my answer, but it didn’t mean I wasn’t afraid to voice it. Slowly I turned around and looked up at him. Our eyes met and without a word I ran and jumped into his arms, almost knocking him over. He smiled that genuine smile and I couldn’t help covering his mouth with mine.  

 

Alex kissed me hard, as we stumbled over each other. We bumped into the kitchen counter and with one swift movement he picked me up and sat me atop. His mouth never leaving mine. His hands quickly found their way under my dress, and they ran up and down the length of my legs. I wrapped my legs around him and dug my fingers into his hair. He kissed my shoulder, slowly removing one strap and then the other. His mouth moving slowly over my breast and down to my stomach. I felt his hands doing something under my dress, and it was making me see tiny stars. My breathing was elevated and my heart was racing.   

 

Then he stopped.   

 

I watched him unbuckle his pants and let them fall to the floor. I felt Alex push into me, and low moan escaped me as I tightened my legs around him. Within minutes of his rhythmic movements, I was feeling a wave of pleasure coming over me. It was a bit soon, but I hadn’t been with him or anyone else in almost two months. And I wasn’t sure how I had survived without out it.   

 

I was about to let out a moan of pleasure, when I felt him stop and clamp his hand over my mouth. “Ssh…” he placed a finger over his mouth.  My eyes were wide in horror. This was definitely not the way I wanted any of my brothers, my father or anyone for that matter to find me. Carefully and with a waning look he removed his hand and pulled up his pants.   

 

“What is it?” I asked, adjusting my dress and hopping off the counter.   

 

So much for pleasure.

 

I was going to kill whoever it was out there, unless it was the gangster guys. Which I hoped had no clue where Alex lived.  We both crept up to the door and just as Alex moved to peer out. In waltzed Frank all smiles. “What’s up man? Shit…you aren’t even ready. Our shift starts in half an…” he looked past Alex and his eyes locked on me. “Oh…did I interrupt something?” He smiled.  

 

“Uh no…” 

 

I rolled my eyes at him and sauntered over to grab my sweater and keys, “I was just leaving.”  

 

“Bye…” he snorted, staring me down as I walked out the door. It reminded me of what Alex had said earlier and I gave an involuntary shudder.  

 

I was halfway down the stairs, when Alex came jogging towards me. “I’m so sorry. I owe you.” He gave me that boyish smile and I smiled back, feeling my cheeks flush at the thought of what he was talking about.

 

“Um…”  It was a very awkward moment, because we couldn’t hug, kiss or say anything inappropriate. Because I was damn sure, that peeping Frank was at the window, with his ear stretched out as far as it could go.   

 

“It’s ok…I’ll see you.” I began for my car. I opened the door and then turned back around, “Alex!”   

 

He was already on the porch, when he turned to look at me. “Yeah?”  

 

“You owe me a phone!” I stated, getting into the car, and driving off.