- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey all thanks for all the reviews and for keeping up with Sophia and Alex. This chapter is for my Gabs...hope you guys like. Please review...I'd like to hear from you!!

The night was feeling never-ending. Must have been the eerie silence in the car as I checked for any priors on the ID in my hand. Usually Kevin and I had endless things to talk about, but tonight wasn’t one of them. I’d given Kevin the lame excuse about drama at home with my parents. In other words, I had blamed my no call, no show, on my mom and dad. I’m not so sure he bought it, and I’m pretty sure he’s pissed at me.

It was better than telling him I was getting it on with Alex on the kitchen counter. Right?

I walked out and handed the ticket and ID to the young wild looking woman in the Nissan Sentra and I walked back to the cruiser and hopped in. It was the second car we pulled over with a mooner. In police terms…indecent exposure. It’s even worse when the person doesn’t have good ass-ets.

Quietly I strapped on my seat belt and watched Kevin shift the car into gear. “Are you seriously going to give me the silent treatment all night. I said I was sorry…”

“Hmph…I’m not giving you the silent treatment. It’s not like we are dating or anything like that. I…I just don’t have anything interesting to talk about tonight. I’m tired.” He stated, never even glancing over at me.

Sure buddy. I gave a light shrug and told myself not to bother with worrying about it. I mean, I wasn’t worried about him or his feelings in the first place. It’s just really uncomfortable to be in the same room or space with someone that won’t acknowledge your presence.

“Fine…”

Both our eyes fell upon the purple low rider that flew right past us, and then onto the parade of cruisers with lights flashing and sirens blaring in pursuit. It was almost like a Christmas light show.

My eyes scanned the mess of cars zooming by in the dark and I recognized the unmarked car. There were only two cars that Frank and Alex drove. An old beat up red Mustang or a sleek black Ford Expedition. I caught a glimpse of the Expedition and knew they were in the chase.

“Looks like the night just got interesting.” Kevin muttered. Then turned to look at me, his eyes a bit alarmed. “Uh…not that it wasn’t before…I mean…”

BAM.

We both jolted as the cruiser was hit from behind and moved a couple of feet forward. The low rider had clipped us and was now skidding from one side to the other, trying to balance itself on the tiny wheels.

“Shit. Are you alright?” Kevin asked, placing a hand on my knee.

I let out a groan of annoyance, “Yes…let’s get that asshole.”

He drove off the curb and in seconds was speeding right behind the purple low rider. We were now ahead of all the other cruisers. Since they’d been thrown off by the crazy fucker in the low rider, the others were still trying to make U-turns and avoiding hitting civilians.

Frank and Alex’s SUV was right next to us, going full speed. Alex was behind the wheel and Frank was glaring at Kevin. It was almost as if they forgot about the damn criminal in front of us and were full on racing against each other. Reminded me of the game Need for Speed.

I could see things blurring past me. We were swerving in and out of traffic. Mimicking the purple low rider’s every move. He’d make a sudden left and Kevin would crank the wheel and force the cruiser to turn, sometimes dodging oncoming traffic. I’d close my eyes and wait to be smashed to pieces and then when I’d open them, we were still in route.

My blood was boiling by now, this man had me pretty pissed off. Not only was I sick to my stomach from all the sudden turns, but he was putting me and many other officers in danger. I was happy to see the purple low rider slowing down and we were cautiously staying back a couple of feet.

The low rider maneuvered itself into a small community block, full of peach colored row houses. Their lawns were neatly cut and pretty green for being in Vegas. I was smiling when I realized that he was trapped. There was no way out for him. Unless he charged at us, and I was hoping he wouldn’t.

The perp angled the purple low rider onto the yard and came to a sudden halt. At this point we didn’t know if it was a homie or just a regular guy. Kevin pushed the brakes and Alex parked right next to him. “That bastard!” he muttered, giving Frank the finger.

They were in a cussing battle, which neither one could hear cause of the closed windows.

Idiots.

Then our eyes flew to the low rider. It bounced up, then down, and back up again. It tilted to the side and froze in place. Then the door flew open and a tall pink thing sprinted off into the yard. Kevin swung the door open, at the same time Frank did and they found themselves trapped against each others door.

Frank was cursing in some language I didn’t know. It almost sounded Russian. Eeek. Never mess with Frank, Russians are cold blooded.

My night had only gotten better. I would take that bastard down myself and leave these fools to fight all they wanted. I swung my door open and broke into a sprint after who or whatever had gotten out of the car. I could hear my heart thudding aggressively against my chest. My breath burning my throat. My legs trying to give in.

Let’s just say I’m not in the best shape.

But I didn’t give up, I kept going. Jumping over lawn chairs and dodging miscellaneous objects. There was an instance that I missed a bike in the dark, and tumbled over, flopping belly down. Did that stop me? Hell no. I jumped back up like nothing and continued after that fucker.

I was between two houses and it was almost pitch black in that one little section. “I’m not going to jail officer! Not like this.” The voice startled me, and I came to a halt. Whatever light there was, omitted from porch lights or spaced out street lights and none of it was hitting where I was.

My eyes were scanning the place, but I couldn’t see anything. Shakily I took out my gun. I don’t like taking it out, if not necessary. It‘s just the times I‘ve gone to the shooting range I never shoot the target. By that I mean, nowhere on the target paper.

“Mister you need to come out where I can see you, with your hands above your head please. My partner and the rest of the officers are on their way and you don’t want to put yourself in a bad position. They aren‘t as nice as I am.”

Why did I say that?

“What fucking planet are you from kid. I’m already in a bad position. I stole a car from a group of hoodlums and I just had a shit load of police chase me. And you don‘t want to know the rest.”

Oh shit. I seriously didn’t want to know the rest. I mean what could be worse than fearing for my life, while Mister green eyes raced against Alex and falling on my face while on pursuit. Not to mention I was trying to detain a man, that I couldn’t see.

I looked out into the distance, hoping that I’d see the guys approaching me. But I saw nothing. No one. “Come out where I can see you. If you give yourself up willingly it will be better for you.”

Where the hell are you? Alex’s voice floated over my radio, still holding the gun in one hand, aiming at nothing. I took the radio and pressed the talk button “I have no fucking idea! I have him, but I can’t see a damn thing.” I let out a squeal when something barreled into me and my feet lifted off the floor. And I went down to the ground with a thud.

“I’m so sorry…but I can’t go to jail like this. I need clothes.”

I laid there, trying to breath.

Fuck…Are you alright? Sophia say something! I could hear Alex’s alarmed voice still on the radio.

The man had knocked the wind out of me. “Ouch!” I answered Alex, rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn‘t hallucinating. There was a naked man hopping away from me, like a damn kangaroo. EW. I had been touched by a naked man.

He had disappeared when I got to my feet and dusted myself off. But seconds later I heard the voices demanding him to stop and to put his hands where they could see him.

When I rounded the corner, there was Kevin, Alex, Frank and a couple other officers all with guns drawn, all trying to contain their laughter. I turned to look at the man. He was standing in a driveway, back to us, ass sagging and arms up and to his sides.

“Nice catch!” Frank mocked me, letting out another bark of laughter.

Asshole. I whispered to myself, remembering that its possible that Frank is Russian. Alex gave me a smile, that instead of intriguing me, made me flush with embarrassment. I was a shitty cop. How could I not take down a naked man.

A car came to a halt in the middle of the road, an older lady stepped out. Her hair was in a bob, all gray. Glasses resting on her nose, eyes squinting at the naked man. “Holy shit. Harold is that you? You stupid son of a bitch!” she screeched.

He was already being cuffed, and someone was yelling that they had found some pants to put on him. I felt sorry for whomever had that task.

“It’s about time they caught you with your pants down. Saw your saggy ass all the way from the gate, can‘t forget that shit. For the love of Pete…” she went on and on.

I kinda felt sorry for Harold, if he had to deal with her running her mouth all day like that. I’d probably do something senseless too. Anything to be far away from her and her nails to chalkboard voice.

The commotion was over and I was waiting for Kevin. I was anxiously leaning against the cruiser with my arms crossed over my chest. Trying to avoid the smiles and snickers from the passing officers. Great! I would be the laughing stalk of precinct 25, till someone topped my stupid display.

“Hey…” his suave raspy voice broke me from my concentration on a pebble. “Don’t beat yourself up. I told you it would suck to be a girl in the force. Did you listen?”

My eyes rolled, “Oh please! I had him, I just couldn’t see. It’s not fair.” I stuck out my bottom lip out and tightened my arms.

He grinned, “Don’t do that!”

“I can pout if I want to.” I snapped, looking away. “You’re not my boss! What’s it to you if I pout anyways?” I have my childish moments. What can I say.

He leaned over, barely grazing my side with his hand. “Because it turns me on,” he whispered and then left me standing there.

I couldn’t help the smile tugging at the corner of my lips. I spun around full smile, and was startled to find Kevin standing across from me opening his door.

“Um…I think we should go.” I said and hopped into the cruiser.

The rest of the night, was just like the rest. With the exception that Kevin was definitely not talking to me. I decided to let him be a big baby and be mad. Anyways, it didn’t affect me in the least bit.

Ok, maybe, just a little. I didn’t want Kevin to be mad at me. We were partners and we spent a lot of time together and I didn’t think I could handle the silent treatment everyday. By the time our shift was over, I was too tired to confront him. So I got dressed and just waved at him and headed out of the station before anyone made another joke about me.

It was quiet in my apartment when I opened the door. “Nick?” I shouted, but there was no answer. A part of me was happy to have my apartment to myself, even though I knew he’d be back any minute. It was already four in the morning.

I took a quick shower, put on a fresh t-shirt and some cotton pajama pants and went to see what there was to snack on. Sometimes I hate my schedule. My day comes to an end, when most peoples is just starting. There was a knock at my door, just as I opened the fridge. I groaned, unlocking it and swinging it open “Nick you forgot your…”

My eyes scanned the man at my door, he looked exhausted and hungry. But not for food. “Where’s Nick?” he questioned, pushing me into the apartment.

“What are you doing here Alex? He’s not here.”

Alex took my hand and pulled me to him. He kissed me passionately and worked his hands up my shirt, cupping one of my breast. I should have worn that sports bra. I pulled away to catch my breath and put a bit of distance between us.

His hazel eyes were full of hunger as he looked at me. He ran his tongue over his lips and grazed my nipple with his thumb. Which made me swallow hard. “I need it babe. It’s been a real long fucking day…”

Puppy eyes.

Who the hell was I kidding? Not myself, that is for sure. I needed it just as much, as he did. My hands flew to his belt buckle, while his worked their way down my pajama bottoms. Our mouths joined once again. Our hands tugged and pulled at clothes and down we went onto the sofa.

Knock. Knock. Knock. The door pounded. We both stopped and stared at the door for a split second. “Shit!” he muttered, crawling off me and pulling up his pants.

“At least he didn’t just come in.” I tried to look on the bright side of things. While I adjusted myself and put back on whatever garments I was missing.

“Shit!” Alex exclaimed again. “What the hell…?” he stop mid sentence when he opened the door to find Frank holding up Nick.

“Heeeeeeeeeeeey brother dude.” Nick waved clumsily and grinned like a fool. I let out a giggle and pursed my lips as I caught an evil eye from Alex. Frank dragged in Nick and he slouched onto the sofa. “Wow everything is spinning.”

Frank gave me that ‘I know what you were doing look’ and I looked away quickly. “Found your little brother trying to pry his door open. Good thing he was struggling with the back door instead of the front door. Thought I’d make sure he got home safe and sound. Didn’t expect to find you here.” He gave Alex a grin.

Nick fell off the couch and was crawling to the bathroom on hands and knees. “I’m gonna be sick!” he mumbled, speeding up the crawl. I decided to give the partners some space and help out Nick. Not that watching a grown man throw up, is really exciting.

I covered my ears and ignored the smell of vomit, as I helped Nick to his feet. He slowly washed his face and then he broke into a sob. “I did it this time Sophia. I blew it. She’s gonna hate me forever…and it’s all my fault.”

There was no doubt that he was talking about his Lauren, but I didn’t know what he had done. Drunks talk out of their ass, then again they say that drunks tell the truth. Who the hell knows. “What did you do Nick?” I tried going along with him.

“I can’t tell you. I’m too ashamed to say it.”

I rolled my eyes.

He took off his shirt, `stripped off his pants and got under the covers. His eyes were opened a slit and then he said something I couldn’t believe. “I cheated on her…with Melony her best friend. She’s…gonna…kill me.” he muttered, before passing out.

“Nick what the hell did you say?” I asked him, but he didn’t budge. Instead he began to snore.

Giving up on him, I headed back to the living room, where Alex was chugging down a bottle of water. He was up close, before I could blink. “Now I’m more than sure we won’t have anymore interruptions.”

“I’m not even In the mood anymore…” I bit down on my lip, knowing he would protest till I gave in again.

He kissed my neck, and snuck one hand up my shirt and the other down my pants. It didn’t take me long to give into him. We were fumbling with clothes again, kissing and feeling each other. When there was another knock at the door.

“For fucks sake. If that’s Frank I’m gonna punch him.” Angrily he buckled his pants for the second time and asked who it was. There was no answer, he looked through the peephole and muttered a couple of choice words.

I joined him at the door and when it swung open, both our mouths fell agape. “Lauren?” we both exclaimed in chorus.