- Text Size +

Chapter 11


Horatio looked at the empty rundown building and then he saw the blood at the entrance. “Go around,” he ordered the policemen that followed all geared up.

“I don’t like this Horatio,” Calleigh whispered to him as they walked slowly toward the entrance. “Did you hear that?” she asked when she heard a moan.

“Yes,” Horatio said as they finally made it to the entrance with there guns in hand the walked following the trail of blood. “Nick,” Horatio said as he saw the young man laying on the floor shirtless, his shirt was not tied around his leg.

“Detective Horatio,” Nick moaned as he saw them approach him. “No go get him he went that way…” he pointed toward the back of the warehouse. “I’ll be fine.”

“Stay with him,” Horatio ordered Calleigh as he and Tripp walked toward the back.

“I need an ambulance now,” Calleigh said into her phone as she knelt down to see the extent of Nick’s wound. “That’s good that you thought of tying your shirt on your leg,” she told him as she saw the bullet wound. She only hoped that the bullet hadn’t hit a major artery.

“He tricked me instead of giving AJ back to me he shot at me,” Nick said sweat apparent on his face and the agonizing pain showing through his face. “I am getting really cold,” he managed to say as he began to shiver.

“Nick stay with me,” Calleigh said in panic as he saw his state. “Where’s the ambulance,” she yelled as she saw the police officers run in and all over the building looking for the culprit.

Nick smiled lightly and closed his eyes, “you know this at least makes me feel a little less guilty for what happened to my friend.” After that Nick lost conscious everything went black.

********

“Is he ok?” Howie asked as he was met with Calleigh at Dade county hospital.

“He will be fine; he just lost a lot of blood. He is getting blood transfusions as we speak; they were able to remove the bullet successfully.” Calleigh told Howie and a very worried Brian.

“How about who did it? How about my son?” Denise interjected as she walked in a few minutes later.

“We are trying our best to find them,” Calleigh answered. “He ran when he heard us, leaving Nick wounded, the Everglades is a big area to cover Denise but I can promise you everyone is out there searching for them.”

“What was he thinking?” Brian asked frustrated at the situation.

“He was trying to get AJ back that is what we can conclude after we found out that Nick had withdrawn a large sum of money from one of his accounts. He thought that this man would give AJ back to him after getting his money but we have now to suspect that he is not only out to get money but vengeance as well.” Calleigh said to them.

******

“Fuck!” Tammy screamed as she continued to try and get free.

“I tried that it doesn’t work,” AJ said smiling wryly at her weak attempts.

“I need to get out of here I don’t want to die,” Tammy said as she began to sob.

AJ sighed heavily, “Welcome to my side and you know the worst part of all this? I don’t even know why I am here. I have tried to go back in head and see why Daniel has me here and why he wants to us. I just hope Nick isn’t stupid to go by himself…” he said as he looked at Tammy smiling as he got an idea. “Maybe we can try to get close to each other and untie our hands… what do you say?”

Tammy looked at him suspiciously, “How do I know you won’t try to hurt me?” she asked him.

“Really? Why would I want to do that? I want to get the fuck out of here as much as you do. I have a feeling that if I don’t get this wound checked out soon I will get gangrene.” He looked at his wound it was nasty and not in a very good condition.

“I’ve hurt you too,” she told him.

“Tammy I know you did it because of him… I know you’re not a bad person. So how about we get the hell out of here right now that we have a chance?”

“Ok,” she said as she began to push herself toward AJ’s back.

********

Daniel laughed as he made it to the air boat. He could hear from far the cops after him, he didn’t think twice to flee. He eyed the bag and opened it smiling as he saw the money. He was rich and for sure he knew he had hit Nick. He hoped it would be a lethal shot but at this point it didn’t matter.

His next mission was to go finish off AJ and Tammy. Then Aruba would be his destination. “Stupid idiot I can’t believe he actually thought I would give AJ back.” He laughed as he continued through the everglades.

Suddenly he heard another boat right behind him and suddenly realized the cops were catching up. But if anyone knew the everglades best it was him. He began to feel relief when he caught the glimpse of stolen car he had acquired earlier. He was going to make it, he could taste his future glamorous life already.

********