- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is...
Chapter 3: Cell phone

“Mrs. Solis!” Horatio said in a firm voice. “We are trying the best we can! I want to find your son just as much as you do but if you don’t calm down I will have to ask you to leave.”

“That’s my baby,” Denise said beginning to sob. “He needs to be ok…” she began to cry.

“Mrs. Solis here drink some water,” Calleigh said handing her a bottle of water. “We need to ask you a few questions that will help us…” she gave her arm a squeeze.

“Anything,” Denise said looking up at the blonde detective. She couldn’t help but smile as she saw her if her son was here he would have already begun to flirt with her.

“Ok do you know of anyone that might want to hurt your son?” Calleigh asked.

“No Alex had a big heart and even if he has the bad boy look. He is not… he’s a kind old soul,” Denise said sobbing.

“I believe you Mrs. Solis but, there is a possibility that someone may have something against him.” Calleigh said calmly.

“Denise,” she said clearing her throat, “call me Denise.”

“Ok Denise,” Calleigh said as she put a strand of her hair behind her ear. “Did he ever mention to you of any threats he might have received? Anything you can think of that can help us?”

“Detective Duquesne my son’s only enemy was himself. He had so much in him he never learned to release his emotions. He has no enemies,” Denise said firmly. “Alex loves his fans and is a people pleaser he will make ways to make someone happy.”

“Calleigh,” Eric said walking into the interrogating room. “Tripp has found the mysterious black SUV that that waiter saw at the hotel room. He found it abandoned in the Everglades, we have to go.”

“I want to go,” Denise said hearing the other detective.

“Unfortunately you can not but, I promise we will do our best to find whatever we can to help find your son.” Calleigh said giving the woman a small hopeful smile. “An officer will drive you to the hotel where the rest of your son’s band mates are.”

******

“Howie,” Denise said as she hugged the young man. “Why my baby?”

“I am so sorry Denise but we will find him.” Howie told her not believing it himself. He had just heard about the SUV that was found in the Everglades.

“Come on Denise you must be tired from the trip,” Leigh interjected as she wrapped her arms around her. “Get some rest,” she said sympathetically.

“I can’t rest without knowing where my son is and if he’s….” she couldn’t even say the word.

“Mr. Dorough,” Natalia interrupted. “We need to know if AJ had a cell phone.”

“Yes it was missing when you guys searched his suite, I even tried calling him but I was sent straight to voicemail.” Howie answered the detective as he followed her. He gave Leigh a look to tell her to take care of the very disoriented Denise.

“I believe we have found it in the SUV,” Natalia informed the oldest member of the group. “We have Wolfe checking it out to see if maybe we can find out who he spoke to before all this happened.”

********

“Twelve ten right?” Brian said handing the lady a twenty. He had gone down to the restaurant to get some dessert for his son. At this point what he really wanted was to take his family away from all this. “Keep the change,” he said as he grabbed the bag with the desserts.

“I’m sorry,” Brian said as he bumped into someone on the way to the elevators. But before he could look up and see who he felt the nudge on the side of the ribcage.

“Don’t scream and start walking toward the back exit.” Is all he heard as he realized what was happening?

“Ok, ok just promise me you won’t hurt my family,” Brian stuttered as he began to walk letting go of the bag.

“Don’t look at me just walk,” he heard the very strong woman say as she continued to nudge him with the gun….

******

“Mrs. Littrell where is your husband?” Horatio Caine asked as he saw that he was the only one missing in the suite.

“He went to get an ice cream for Baylee,” Leighanne said not really grasping Horatio’s question.

“Did an officer accompany him?” He asked as he began to walk out of the room.

“No,” Leighanne stuttered as she began to worry. “Is he in danger too?”

“Just no one move stay in here,” were his last words as ran out of the room.

********

“Are you ok?” Leighanne said as she hugged her husband.

“Yeah detective Caine and Boa Vista got to me on time,” Brian said hugging his wife back. “She escaped though,” he said sighing.

“Yes she did but not before leaving thess,” Horatio said as he flashed a pair of Gucci sunglasses. “Natalia get this to the lab, check for any epithelia;s” he said handing her the sunglasses.

“On it,” Natalia said as she took them.

“I have to say with this it has come clear this is not just about Mr. McLean but something more. I have to ask for all of you stay put and only leave this place with an escort. I hope your management has canceled any events you may have had.” Caine said as he grimaced remembering just how close he was to losing another Backstreet boy member. “Before this I was here to inform you that we suspect that whoever has AJ has taken care of his injury, we found gauze and other medical supplies with AJ’s DNA in the SUV. Our major evidence is his cell phone and as soon I know something reliable on that I will inform you.”

**********

“Pain horrid pain,” That’s all AJ felt as he began to gain consciousness. He moaned and tried to move causing more pain.

“Well look here,” he said sneering as he saw AJ move. “About time you came back,” he said hitting AJ right on the wound.

“Argh,” AJ moaned but yet he could not even move much he knew he was tied up. “Who are you?” He managed to say as he realized he was also blindfolded.

“You’ll know soon enough,” the man said hitting him hard.

AJ only moaned as he felt the only air he had in his lungs leave him at the blow on his chest. Before he knew it he was going out again…

“What did you do?” Tamara asked as she walked into the empty storage room they had rented.

“He was starting to ask too many questions,” Daniel said as he shrugged. “Where’s the other backstreet boy?”

“I couldn’t take him the police have tightened the surveillance in the hotel. I was close to getting caught so I had to leave him behind.” Tamara said lighting up a cigarette. “Daniel lets just ask for the ransom and let this man go,” she said looking at the very pale unconscious man.

“Tammy…” Daniel gritted his teeth as he said her name. “Not yet lets have some fun here, you will get your money don’t worry.”

“I just don’t understand why you’re obsessed with keeping him alive. It would be much easier to kill him and just request the money. By the time they find his body we can be in Costa Rica drinking and living the life.” Tammy said as she finished her smoke.

“Relax we will get rid of him soon enough,” Daniel said kissing her aggressively. He pulled away and stared at her, “I still need you to continue to work there so you can keep me informed on what’s going on,” he told her.

********