- Text Size +

Chapter 4:

AJ groaned as consciousness slowly crept back into his mind. He shivered against the cold that emanated from the concrete floor he was laying on. He opened his eyes and was met with complete darkness which told him he was still blindfolded. Every muscle in his body ached and his chest burned slightly as he coughed. He wondered what had been done to him briefly and also where he was. He groaned again as he pushed himself to a seated position, as best he could given his arms were tied behind his back.

AJ strained to hear anything that would tell him where he was being held. He could hear a man and woman arguing and the sound of a metal door creaking open. He jumped in his skin when the door slammed shut.

“Oh goodie. The Backstreet Bitch is awake,” a female voice spoke sarcastically.

AJ rolled his eyes behind the blindfold at the dig and cleared his throat, “Who are you? Where am I?”

Tammy walked over to the man and knelt down in front of him. She heard his stomach growl fiercely when she placed the plate of food in front of him. She reached behind AJ’s head and untied the bandanna she had used to blindfold him.

AJ blinked and was greeted with the sight of a petite woman with emerald green eyes and fiery red hair.

“Who are you?”

“You don’t need to know that. Now since my boyfriend is insisting we don’t kill you,” she glanced at AJ’s face looking for a reaction and wasn’t disappointed when she saw his eyes widen slightly and his back straighten, “I have to give you food.”

AJ tried again, “What the hell is going on? Where am I?”

“Somewhere no one will find you for a very … long … time.”

Tammy picked up the plate and lifted a fork full to AJ’s mouth. He just stared at her not taking the food. His stomach growled again but he didn’t move.

“Eat the damn chicken. I don’t have all night.”

He sighed grudgingly and opened his mouth allowing her to feed him. His hunger took over and he quickly ate the entire plate.

“Thanks.”

“Whatever,” Tammy replied and opened a bottle of water.

She held it to his lips and AJ quickly drank down half the bottle. He ran his tongue along his bottom lip collecting the drops that had fallen when she pulled the bottle away. He watched her movements trying to figure out how he could get her to tell him what was happening.

“That chicken was good. Did you make it yourself?”

Tammy rolled her eyes, “Charming me will get you no where McLean.”

AJ sighed and shifted trying to get more comfortable, “Can you please untie me?”

“No.”

“Please? My shoulders are killing me.”

“Too bad. How stupid do you think I am? As soon as I untie your hands, you’ll come at me and try to get out of here.”

“I don’t hit women.”

“Good for you,” she responded sarcastically.

She collected her belongings and stood up to leave. She was at the door when AJ called out to her.

“Tamara.”

She turned slightly stunned.

“That’s your name right?”

She nodded and he continued.

“Thank you.”

Tammy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“For the food,” AJ responded to the look on her face.

Without a word she opened the door and walked out.

****

Nick sighed softly from his position at the window in his hotel room. He watched the rain falling heavily and leaned his forehead against the cold glass. It had been nearly 72 hours since AJ had gone missing and the police still hadn’t found him. His mind started going crazy as he thought of all the possible things that could have happened to his friend. AJ meant a lot to him and he would never forgive himself if something happened to him. He was already blaming himself for AJ getting taken. If he hadn’t insisted on getting room service at the late hour, AJ wouldn’t have opened the door.

“Nick?”

He heard Leigh’s voice behind him but chose not to acknowledge her.

“Nick sweetie, this isn’t your fault. It was whoever took AJ away from us.”

“He has to be okay Leigh. He has to be.”

“And he will be. The police are doing every thing they can to find him.”

Leigh walked up to the younger man and placed her hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner.

“It’s going to be okay sweetie. Have some faith okay?”

Nick nodded but didn’t speak.

****

“Good morning Eric,” Calleigh said as she walked into the building where the GMC Tahoe was. “I see you started without me,” she said as she put on some gloves.  
“Well I really want to catch whoever did this. I want those hardy boys out of Miami ,” he said winking at her.

“Why is that? Do you feel threaten?” Calleigh asked as she began to look inside the SUV.

Eric shrugged and smiled, “I just think they bring trouble, aren’t they suppose to be gone? Boy band era was back in the 90’s” Eric said.

 “Only the best survive,” Calleigh said reaching into her kit as she found a long piece of what looked to be hair. “I think I found something that may give us an identity.”

 Eric walked up to her and examined the long piece of red hair, “Let’s get it to the lab, we may get a hit,” he said.
 
“I’m on it,” Calleigh said turning to him. “I’ll be right back,” she said giving him a smirk. “Oh and Eric you might not want to say that in front of there fans. You might get mobbed.”





Chapter End Notes:
Hope you all like it :)