- Text Size +
Chapter 8:

“Mr. Dorough?” Calleigh began.

“Howie,” he corrected.

Calleigh smiled, “Howie, I just had one more question before we go. Do you know if AJ has an acquaintance by the name of Jeff Lancaster?”

“No he doesn’t. I know all his friends.”

“You’re positive?”

“Yes ma’am. He does not know anyone by that name.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Miss Duquesne?”

“Yes Mr. Carter?”

“You are going to get him back for us? Right?”

“I assure you Mr. Carter. We are doing everything we can to find him and bring him home safely.”

Nick nodded somberly, “Okay.”

Calleigh offered a comforting smile before leaving with Natalia.

****

“They are getting suspicious Dan. When are we going to get our money?”

“Tammy baby, we will get it soon. I promise. They have 5 hours to get our money and then we are home free.”

“How about I just go in there and kill him now. Then we’ll get it faster!”

Tamara pushed the metal door opened and drew a gun from her back pocket and aimed it at AJ.

AJ sat up straighter when he saw her point the gun at him.

“Where do you want it bitch? The head or the heart?”

“Tamara!” Daniel walked in, “if you shoot him, we will not get our money!”

“Fine!” she lowered the gun and stormed out of the room.

AJ let out a momentary sigh of relief before looking at Daniel, “You’re going to kill me either way aren’t you?”

****

“What are you looking at?”

Horatio gave Jeff a small smile, “Why did you take Mr. McLean?”

“I didn’t do shit to that bitch!”

“The evidence says otherwise. Who are you working with? Your sister? Tamara?”

“No. I didn’t do anything. Tammy has her own life. Whatever the fuck she does with it, her choice.”

Horatio took a breath, “Does Tamara have any boyfriends?”

“I don’t know. She divorced that low life she was married to. I don’t know who she’s shacking up with now.”

“That will be enough for now. Don’t go far.”