- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here you go:
Chapter 9

“Ok let’s knock first,” Calliegh told Wolfe as they arrived at Tamara’s house. “Tamara its CSI Duquesne and Wolfe we have a warrant to search your house,” She yelled but there was no answer.

“Her car is not in the parkway,” Tripp said as he ordered the police officers to come closer.

“Wait. In her living room there is a sign of struggle,” Wolfe said as he peered through the big window. “Ok we are going in at the count of three.”

Calleigh nodded and began to count, “one, two, and three!” she kicked the front door with her gun in hand. “We have blood!” she yelled as she saw the blood spatter in the living room.

“Do you think its Tamara’s?” Wolfe asked as he joined her.

“There’s only one way to find out,” Calleigh said as she went out to her hummer and came back with her kit.

**********

“Your sister’s missing too,” Lieutenant Caine said he looked at the surprise look on Jeff’s face.

“Fucking bastard! He’s going to hurt her if he hasn’t already!” Jeff said no one messed with his family but him.

“Who Mr. Lancaster who?” Horatio said calmly as he leaned into the young man.
Jeff looked down debating on it, “Promise me you will find my sister and bring her to safety first?” he said finally for once showing his vulnerable side.

“I will do my best Mr. Lancaster but you have to let me know everything before its too late…” Horatio said as he took a seat in front of him. “I need a name and address whatever you can give me.”

“Ok,” Jeff said his voice quivering, “I was staying with my sister for a few days laying low after well you know, that’s where I met Danny Wheeler. He is bad, my sister hasn’t been the same since her divorce and to prove it here it is dating this horrible man. He beats her and takes all her check, one night we were watching TV and a commercial on the… what’s that bands name? …” he shook his head. “The backstreet boys came on announcing there event here in Miami for there new material. Bad idea he got aggravated and began to curse about them. He hates that band for some unknown reason and then he began to smile.” He swallowed hard as he looked up that the lieutenant.

“Go on Jeff your doing great,” Horatio said.

“He came up with an easy way to get rich and go live in the Caribbean or somewhere far without having to work. We were supposed to help him kidnap all four members, ask for a ransom and them ease the world from there torture by killing them. I have to admit I like the idea of the money but when I saw how Tamara got excited about the whole idea, I knew I would agree to whatever. I mean she is my sister, I protect her.”

“Where is he? Why would he want to hurt Tamara?”

“I don’t know where he lives but, I know where he has that backstreet boy and I am sure he has Tamara there too. He hates to admit he is wrong even if he is so he beats Tamara and makes her say its her fault. I am sure Tamara told him about you all gaining up on him so he felt the need to get rid of her. Please find her… He is keeping the man in a storage place near Hialeah. That’s all I know.”

“Thanks son you have done something good today…” Horatio said as he walked out. “Eric I need to find all the storage places in Hialeah now!”

*********

Tamara moaned when she finally felt the pain, “where am I?” she asked as she tried to adjust her sight.

“You’re with me and I wish I could see if you’re still bleeding. He moved us to a different location.” AJ said worriedly. “Why did he do this to you?” he asked.

Tamara began to sob again, “He hates me for allowing the cops to trace us. It’s your entire fault… why did you have to come to Miami?”

“My fault?” AJ said baffled. “I don’t even know him?”

“Oh but he knows you all,” Tamara said finally being able to see him. “We are going to die,” she told him. “As soon as he gets the money he is going to kill us.” She said sobbing.

********

“Hello?” Nick answered his phone without checking the caller ID,

“I want you to bring me the ransom only you if you bring the cops or anyone for that matter I will kill AJ… I know you don’t want to live with that in your conscious right boy?”

Nick froze as he heard the voice, “No just give him back to us safely and I will do whatever you want. Where do you want me to take you the money?” Nick asked in a low voice hoping that no one would hear him.

“Ok all twenties and hundreds. I will be there.” Nick said and cursed when he heard the tone on the other side of the phone.

“Who was that?” Howie asked he walked in.

“Oh it was Aaron he wanted to see how the search was going.” He said hoping Howie would not see right through his lie.

“Oh well I just heard that the woman they thought was involved just went missing too.” Howie said.

“That’s not good Howie,” Nick said trying to sound normal and not give himself up. He was going to bring AJ back.

******

“Well welcome back sweetie I thought I had actually killed you there,” Danny said laughing as he walked into the abandoned building where he now was hiding with his now two hostages.

“You know you have one stupid friend, this is going to be easier than I thought,” Danny said as he kicked AJ’s side.

AJ only moaned as he felt the sharp pain, “Please don’t hurt anyone else,” He said.

“You can’t tell me what to do! Actually your friend Nick agreed to meet me at the Everglades for an exchange, he gives me my money and I give him you.” Danny laughed as he pulled out a .45 caliber gun out. “What he doesn’t know is that instead he will receive one of these in his chest.”
Suddenly the pain in his side vanished as he realized what Daniel was talking about. “Please don’t. What the fuck have we done to you?” AJ said Anger apparent in his voice.

“Don’t you scream at me you tattooed fucker…” Daniel said giving him a blow in the head with the gun. He laughed as he saw AJ loose conscious again.

*******