- Text Size +
Story Notes:

my response to October challenge over at AC board.

http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,1931.0.html

Your mission for this month, is to create a story that ends with a cliffhanger.

~ Because it's October it should be a horror, suspense or mystery plotline.

~ Should be told in First person

~ There needs to be a twist somewhere in the story.

~ Story shouldn't exceed 5,000 (2,500 if you want me to read it lol)

~ Absolutely NO BANNERS for this story!

~ There should be no resolution laid out for the reader (Hence the cliffhanger) 

Author's Chapter Notes:
3 weeks and I came up with 850 words. I fail!

This Game We Play

Okay, so this is what I’ve gathered so far. It’s not much but it’s something.

Let’s settle with some few hours ago, because my brain can’t come out with anything more accurate than that at the moment.

Some few hours ago, I was taken.

Was walking back to my car after some light duty grocery shopping when I got jumped. In broad daylight too. I totally didn’t see it coming and I’m still pissed about that.

Then again, why would I be expecting anyone to jump me in a parking lot right?

Got the whole being hit on the head and blacking out and waking up feeling like I just had gone ten rounds with Muhammad Ali for the trouble.

Then things got weird.

See, I woke up to a room that I’ve walked in on a lot of occasions. I recognized the designs on the walls; that kick ass alarm clock next to the bed, the black plank of wood mounted in one corner that serves as a dressing table, that black framed full length mirror next to it…

When everything seemed to fall into place, when the pain in my head was reduced to a dull throb, I realized I was being played. God, I was mad. I was ready to pound that mother with my bare fist!

And then I reached for the door and found it locked.

I started banging on it cause what the fuck else should I do.

Open this damn door motherfucker! I’m not kidding man, when I get out of this room, you better run and never look back! I’m going to kill you! This is not funny asshole! Dude, I think I used up all the cuss words known to man.

Nick never answered. Not once.

God knows how long I’ve been in this room. I even contemplated going out through the window, but a quick check found a huge ass padlock to the grill. For a prank, Nick sure went all the way.

I was beside myself. I was done yelling, my legs going numb from all the pacing I was doing. I was seconds away from shifting to full on panic mode.

And then I heard the door being unlocked and I froze on the spot, millions of thoughts running through my mind. What if this isn’t Nick’s room? What if I’m actually in an abandoned warehouse made to look like I’m in Nick’s room? What if some random dude walks in and said ‘Smile, you’re on candid camera!’?

Then, Nick walked in.

But before I could say ‘boy, was that anti-climatic’, he pointed a gun at me.

Nick was…not the Nick I know. This Nick looked ten shades of pale, sunken red rimmed eyes roaming the room as if he was waiting for something to jump out and eat him

His arm was trembling but we both know his aim was true. He will not miss if he pulls that trigger.

“I’m so- shit! Fuck! Just, sorry, I’m sorry!”

Nick was blabbering and I hardly registered what he was saying, distracted I was at the muzzle of the gun pointed at me. I wonder what it was I’d done that made him want to kill me.

“Nick, bro-”

“SHUT UP! Just, shut up AJ, you’re not making this any easier!”

Then, in a matter of seconds, his stance changed. The trembling stopped; he raised the gun an inch higher; bulls eye on my chest. There was determination in his eyes even as he blinked he tears away.

I’ve heard stories of how in one’s time of dying, Death would come to you in a form that wouldn’t scare you away. They said it was to ensure that you go willingly, that your passing will be in peace.

Death came to me as my friend, my brother. My life, in his hands. I find no peace in that at all.

My vision started to blur, my chest tight. I’m crying.

“Please, Nicky, don’t.”

Everything went silent then. It felt like an eternity, just waiting. I willed myself to wake up; surely this was just a nightmare.

In one stride, Nick was right in front of me. I backed away on instinct, God, he’s really gonna do it, he’s gonna pull that trigger.

There was a sharp pain, I felt my legs gave way and my body hit the ground. I tried to move, but I guess my body wasn’t too keen on that plan.

My head was bleeding from being clubbed by the gun (by Nick!), my vision turned red as blood trickled down and into my eyes. I couldn’t even blink much.

But I could hear him.

You can’t make me do this! I’m not going to – I’m sorry!

I heard the trigger being pulled. I heard the shot. I heard the body hit the floor. I felt the thud.

And then I heard sobs, and movements…and God, I know I need to blink and clear my vision, I need to see what was happening, but I know I was not going to make it. I can already feel myself slipping away.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
The End. Hope ya like!