- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next bit, hope you enjoy and please review!  Thanks :)

Chapter 11 

Well, I could now cross something else off my list.  I know it wasn’t quite a rollercoaster ride, but it had been just as scary!   

1.  Fall in love

2.  Own my own place

3.  The skinny dipping and sex on the beach one

4.  Learn a new language

5.  Ride a scary roller coaster whilst eating or bungee jump or something else equally as scary

6.  Road trip across the USA

7.  Blow a fortune on a single night out

8.  Drive a flash car way too fast (and not get caught)

9.  Swim with dolphins

10. Tell my boss to shove his job up his arse 

During the helicopter ride back to Las Vegas, my friends had grilled me about AJ. 

“There’s definitely something there between the pair of you” Chloe said “I could sense it” 

“There’s nothing between us…it was just one drunken mistake which we’re going to fix” I told her. 

“I agree with Chloe” Izzy said “the way the two of you acted around each other today, there is definitely something there” 

“You’re mistaken.  Just because I happened to bump into him and we talked, doesn’t mean anything.  He seems like a nice enough guy but I’m not interested in him that way, not my type at all.  Plus, I have a date with Jason Orange when we get home” I smiled.  I still couldn’t believe that Jason had asked if he could see me.  I’d fancied that man for so long from afar, I never thought I’d ever get the chance to meet him, let alone be asked out on a date! 

“Those celebs are just falling at your feet Steph” Jess teased and we all laughed. 

We arrived back at the hotel and decided on a night in, with room service and chick flicks.  So much had happened since we’d got here, we needed to relax and re-charge our batteries ready for a day of shopping. 

“This is the life” Izzy said after we’d all put on our PJs and were sitting around on the squashy sofas, looking at the room service menus. 

“I could get used to this” I said as I decided what to have, either a nice big burger and fries or something a little healthier. 

“So, what are we all having?” asked Jess “because I really like the look of the double bacon cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate milkshake” 

“Oh god, that does sound good, I think I’ll have the same” I said.  Who cared about the calories, we were on holiday! 

We ordered our food, along with drinks, popcorn (for the movies) and ice cream. 

“What do you fancy watching?” I asked “there’s a huge amount of movies to choose from” 

“Do they have Dirty Dancing?” asked Chloe 

“We have to watch that if they do!  I love that film…’no one puts Baby in the corner’…just classic” Izzy said. 

“And Patrick Swayze is just gorgeous; imagine dirty dancing with him or the man of your dreams…” Jess began but I didn’t hear what else she said as another flashback came to me. 

~*~ 

“I thought we came here for dancing, come on, lets dance” I stood up and grabbed AJ’s hand, pulling him up and leading him to the dance floor.  He happily obliged, gripping my hand in his as we found a space on the crowded dance floor. 

We moved to the beat of the music, bodies swaying and eyes locked on each other.  He reached out to me and grabbed me, pulling me closer so that our bodies were touching, his hands on my hips and my hands tracing the muscles on his back. 

“That’s better” he murmured into my ear and I felt a shiver down my spine at the feel of his lips against my skin.  

“Oh god” I muttered to myself and he chuckled softly.  This man was making me feel things I should not be feeling, at least not with a man I hardly knew!   

We danced for what seemed like hours, the electricity between us intensifying.  It was as if we were the only two people on the dance floor, no one else mattered as we rocked together to the pulsing beat of the music.  We were completely oblivious to everything but each other. 

“Come on, let’s go and get another drink, I think we both need to cool down before I have to have you right here, right now on this dance floor” he said huskily and took my hand, leading me to a vacant table. 

“If you insist” I teased. 

~*~ 

“Steph, are you OK?” asked Jess, waving her hand in front of my face. 

“Yeah, sorry about that, I was in a world of my own then” I said, blushing slightly. 

“Anyone nice?” Izzy winked. 

“No, it was nothing” I replied.  Although it hadn’t been nothing.  Dancing with AJ had been so incredible, so sexual…I felt my cheeks burning at the memory of how good it had been. 

I took a few deep and calming breaths and came back to reality, putting AJ out of my mind.  I knew I’d have to speak to him again soon, but for tonight I just wanted to forget it all with a good movie. 

“So, have we decided what we’re watching?” I asked. 

“Dirty Dancing and Ghost” Chloe replied. 

“Perfect” I said and settled down for a girls night in.

Chapter End Notes:
The chapters might be a little slower in coming after this one, only because Christmas is coming and I have a lot on.  I will find time to write though :)