- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
There is a sex scene at the end, but nothing too graphic!  Hope you like :)
Chapter 31

I walked in to the coffee shop to start my new job about twenty minutes before I was due to begin my shift. The place looked quite busy, but nothing unmanageable.


“Be with you in a sec” called Ronan from behind the counter

I watched as he, Lisa and another member of staff served customers. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it, how hard can it be?

A few minutes later and Ronan strolled over to where I was waiting.

“Come on, I’ll show you around and introduce you to everyone else” he said and I just followed as he led the way “you can put your bag and whatever in here, it’ll be safe”

I left my bag in Ronan’s office and then followed him around as he pointed out various things.

“This is our kitchen guy, Jared. Jared, this is Steph our new girl” he said and I noticed a good looking guy in the kitchen, busily making up customers orders. I’d found out that the coffee shop also did a selection of sandwiches and cakes as well as beverages.

“Hey” Jared called out in greeting and I said hello back at him, then carried on with Ronan’s tour.

By the end of my shift, I’d learned a hell of a lot and also made friends with Krissy, the other member of the staff there. I had a feeling that working with Lisa and Krissy was going to be a lot of fun, as well as hard going! I decided to take back what I’d thought earlier, this job wasn’t going to be as easy as I’d thought, but I realised that it was exactly what I needed.

“See you tomorrow Steph” they said when I was ready to go at 3pm “unless we’ve scared you off”

“Not at all, I’ll see you all tomorrow” I replied and collected my bag and left.

I arrived home and did the mundane stuff, like housework, and then switched on my laptop to check my emails and catch up with any friends who happened to be online (skiving) whilst in work. It was whilst I was chatting on msn with Jess and Chloe, telling them all about life in Los Angeles and asking how things were with them, that my phone started vibrating across the table. I’d turned it on to silent whilst in work as it wouldn’t have looked good on my first day to have that thing going off! I reached across and grabbed the phone, noticing that the number was AJ’s.

“Hey babe, what are you plans for tonight?” he asked

“Nothing…why?” I answered

“Good, because I was wondering if you fancied coming over to my place and I’ll cook for you” he suggested

“You can cook?” I asked

“I get by” he laughed “so does that mean it’s a date?”

“I don’t even know where you live” I expressed

“Check out your SatNav” he assured “and I’ll see you at eight”

“You’re sure of yourself aren’t you? What if I said no?” I teased

“But you won’t” he declared

“Ha!” I said

“What if I say ‘please’, will you?” he asked

“It was going to be yes as soon as you asked” I laughed “but it was good to hear you plead”

“Oh you’re gonna get it later” he retorted

I hope so!

“See you later Steph” he said before I had a chance to vocalise my thoughts.

We ended the conversation and I turned back to my screen, which by now was flashing. Jess and Chloe were probably wondering where I’d got to, so I soon put them straight and told them about the impending date with AJ.

After closing down the laptop, I went up to my room to get ready for my date with my husband. Just calling him that felt strange!

“Now what shall I wear” I said to myself as I rummaged through the rail of clothes in the built in wardrobes. I wanted something which looked good; I wanted him to not be able to resist me. But what? I settled on a little summer dress which I knew looked good, even on me!

I took a nice long shower and washed my hair, then selected some nice sexy underwear and got dressed. I decided to leave my hair to dry naturally, so that it would curl up a bit and have a tousled look, and then I applied some make-up. I preferred the more natural look, so just applied a bit of mascara, lip gloss and a dusting of bronzing pearls across my cheeks to try and give myself a more Californian look. Well, I tried anyway.

I looked at my watch and then decided it was time to get a move on. I grabbed my keys and my bag, slipped some wedge heeled sandals on and was out of the door.

“He said the directions were in the SatNav, when did he do that?” I wondered out loud as I climbed into my car and turned on the device.

Once it had powered up with the maps etc, I pressed favourites and saw that he had indeed programmed his addressed into my SatNav…’Hubby’s place’ came up as the only entry. I shook my head and smiled to myself, then started the engine and set off. I slid a CD into the CD player and sang along as I drove, as singing whilst driving was just something I loved to do, even though I didn’t exactly have the voice of a singer!

In no time at all it seemed, I pulled up outside the house which I assumed must be AJ’s. The house was gated, but wasn’t some huge sprawling looking mansion, instead it was more like the kind of house I would go for. Not too big, but just right. I pressed the buzzer and waited for an answer. I didn’t have to wait long.

“Come on in” he called and the gate opened, allowing me to drive in and up the driveway.

He was standing in the doorway waiting for me when I pulled up outside.

“Nice” I said as I got out of the car and admired the view in front of me (and I didn’t just mean the house either). AJ looked gorgeous, dressed in jeans and a black shirt with a couple of the buttons undone.

He looked me up and down appreciatively and gave me a quick kiss before taking my hand and leading me inside.

“Wow” I said as I admired the interior. It was really, really nice and not at all like some of the celebrity houses you saw in magazines such as OK and Hello. AJ’s house actually looked like he lived in it. It was full of dark wood furniture and was kind of gothic styled but in a warm and welcoming way, and I immediately felt relaxed and at home there. “This isn’t at all how I imagined your house”

“What did you imagine?” he asked with a smirk

“Well, y’know…I was expecting something really over the top, like you see in magazines, but this is lovely” I replied

“Glad you think so” he said and pulled me close for a kiss, which ended all too soon “food is almost done”

He led me into the dining room where the table was set for two and lit up with a few candles. He’d really put in some thought to this meal, which only made me like him more.

“Be right back” he said and dashed out of the room towards the kitchen

Rather than sit down, I looked around the room at AJ’s possessions, trying to learn a bit more about him. There were various photos in frames on a bookcase, unusual looking ornaments and quite a few books too, but before I could take a closer look, I heard a commotion coming from the kitchen.

“You OK?” I called when I heard a couple of ‘fucks’ uttered from the kitchen.

“Erm…yeah” he called back and I decided to go and see what on earth he was up to.

“Oh” I said as I walked in and saw AJ all flustered with something burnt looking in his hands.

“I can’t understand, I followed the friggin instructions exactly” he shook his head in defeat and I couldn’t help but laugh. He shot me a look and I just laughed even more.

“Well, it’s the thought that counts” I said “let me see what’s in the fridge”

We ended up eating cheese on toast and then whilst he insisted on taking our plates out to the kitchen, I opened up the French doors and walked out onto the balcony. The view from AJ’s balcony was just stunning as the sun began to set over the ocean, casting an orange glow over the deep blue water. I stood there just looking out as the breeze washed over me, blowing my hair about gently. I didn’t hear him sneak up behind me, but I soon felt his warm lips against my neck and his fingers move my hair to the side so that he could get better access to the sensitive spot below my ear.

“Mmm” I moaned softly and shivered with delight as he kissed below my ear and gently caressed my back, then placed his arms around my waist so that he was flush against me, his mouth trailing hot kisses along my collarbone. I could feel his lean body pressed up against mine and I trembled with want for him. He knew what he was doing to me, he just had to know!

“Come on, let me show you the rest of the house” he said softly in my ear as he dropped his hands from my waist and caught hold of my hand.

“You are such a tease” I told him, my face a little flushed with excitement after that little display of affection on the balcony.

I had the grand tour and even got to see his cars, which of course were flashier than mine, but at least they weren’t too ostentatious. I knew how some men were with their motors, and I really had no idea why some of them felt the need to own a showroom full of cars, it’s not like they could drive them all. But that was just my opinion.

There was one room in the house I hadn’t seen though, and I wondered whether he was going to show me. I didn’t like to ask, what if that seemed too forward of me? I decided to wait and see.

“Would you like a drink?” he asked once we’d gone back into the house “non-alcoholic of course because you’re driving”

“Erm, yeah, I’ll have a coke” I replied and couldn’t help feeling a little disappointed. He was really playing with my emotions with all of this hot and cold behaviour, one minute kissing me like he wanted more and the next minute acting like some prim and proper gentleman. I really didn’t know where I stood with him. Did he like me or not? It was safe to say that I liked him more with every passing day. He’d gone from being someone who repulsed me that morning I woke up to find I’d married him, to someone I was deeply attracted to on more than one level. Damn him!

We didn’t get as far as having those drinks.

His hands were knotted in my hair and his mouth was devouring mine, kissing me thoroughly.

“Oh god, I want you so fucking badly” he murmured breathlessly as his lips crashed against mine again and his hands moved from my hair, down my body until they were around my waist. My hands had made their way under his shirt and were caressing his naked chest.

With ease, he lifted me up onto the marble kitchen work top and stood between my legs, kissing me with fierce passion as I wrapped my legs around his back and pulled him in closer to me. His hands caressed my back before slipping under the straps of my dress and pulling it off my shoulders, exposing my bra. He kissed my breasts through the flimsy bit of lace material and then unhooked the bra and whipped it off.

“Fuck” I gasped as he circled my erect nipples with his tongue “oh fuck, I need you, I want you”

He silenced me with a kiss and effortlessly lifted me off the work top and carried me up the stairs to his bedroom and threw me down on the four poster bed. He kneeled between my legs and pulled his shirt off over his head whilst I made quick work of his jeans, tugging them down along with his boxers. My dress and underwear soon joined his clothes on the floor and then he eased my thighs apart and pushed himself into me, staring intently into my eyes as he slid deeper and deeper into me.

“Alex…oh…god…yes” I begged as we moved as one, hard and desperately.

“Fuck” he growled out as I dug my nails into his back and squeezed my legs tighter around his back.

I moaned loudly and felt my whole body tremble with pleasure as the most amazing orgasm took over. I kissed him hungrily and within moments, he too was coming, deep inside me.

“Fucking hell babe” he said breathlessly and kissed me again and again “I fucking love it when you call me Alex”

I didn’t make it home that night.
Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think!  I know what I think...I want some of what she's having, lol.  Lucky cow!