- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter for now. It's 11.30 pm here so I'm pretty tired. xD
‘Listen! For one time, can’t you just go out without getting yourself drunk?! I have been waiting for you! I was worried as hell! Afraid that something might have happened to you! When will you finally listen to your friends?!’ she yelled.

‘Don’t fucking yell at me, woman!’ he screamed.

‘Woman? You ungrateful son of a b….’ But before she could finish her sentence she felt an awful pain on her cheek.

He smacked her. He actually smacked her.

She touched her cheek with her hand and looked with mouth open in astonishment at him.

‘See, now you will shut the hell up,’ he said.

Kelly didn’t hesitate and slapped him back in the face. She knew it was the wrong thing to do the second right after she slapped him. Never, ever, hit drunken people.

AJ grabbed her throat and threw her on the floor. She hit her head hard.

‘If you dare to hit me like that ever again, you won’t get out of this house alive!’ he screamed and spit on her. Then he got upstairs, as far as he managed to.

She lied there on the floor. Speechless and hurt.

‘Don’t cry,’ she whispered to herself and squeezed her eyes, trying to hold the tears back.

‘He’s just drunk. This will happen only one time. He will be sorry tomorrow morning,’ she kept on whispering to herself. She swallowed and carefully got up from the hard floor.

She took a glass of water and slowly sipped it to stop herself from shaking. She was so scared. Scared of AJ. That he would hit her more. Drunken people could be terribly aggressive and strong too.

She forgot about that. She was so angry, frustrated and tired at the same time, and then he yelled at her like that too. Then he even smacked her face. That was the last straw for her so she hit him back.

Now she knew the consequences. Next time she should better go to sleep and wait till he got home and got into bed as well. Then nothing of this bad stuff would happen.

She put the glass in the sink, turned off all the lights and slowly got upstairs as well. When she peeked into their bedroom she saw AJ lying in bed, sleeping.

She got inside, closed the door quietly and got into bed as well after taking her bathrobe off.

She put the light off on her cupboard, and tried to sleep.

She couldn’t though. Her heart was still beating so fast and she was still so afraid. Should she call Leighanne? No, perhaps not. She should let her friend give her rest. Besides, Leighanne would call tomorrow anyway. She wasn’t so sure if she would tell about what happened between her and AJ though. But she would decide about that tomorrow.

After one hour of thinking and worrying she finally slept with AJ snoring softly next to her, as if nothing had happened.

The next morning when Kelly woke up she saw AJ still lying next to her, this time with his face very close to hers. The smell of alcohol was all around him. It disgusted her so she quickly got out of bed and took a shower before she would start to smell like alcohol. Well, she probably already smelled like alcohol, since she had been lying next to him for a couple of hours.

After the shower and getting dressed she made herself some breakfast. AJ wouldn’t be needing it. He would probably be spending a big part of the morning in the bathroom.

Kelly sighed sadly. Where were the times where they were having breakfast together at Sunday morning? A year ago he was barely drunk. Maybe only at parties, but then she was drunk as well. Then her friends had to take care of the both of them. But they didn’t have that many parties. So they weren’t that often drunk together either.

Now AJ was drunk almost every weekend. Lately it wasn’t only the weekend. Except for the weekend, he sometimes was also drunk on 2 other days. It was horrible, and it would only get worse if nobody would do anything about it.
Chapter End Notes:
Review, por favor! ;)