- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your nice reviews! It gives me motivation to continue posting! :) So virtual cookies to everyone! (Not made by me though, lol)
She took a sip from her orange juice and started to read the newspaper without really reading what was actually written there.

She scared the hell out of her when the house phone rang. She put the newspaper down and picked up.

‘Kelly McLean,’ she answered.

‘Hi Kel! How are you?’ Leighanne said cheerily.

She hesitated for a moment. ‘Just fine.’ She bit her lip after she said that. She didn’t feel comfortable lying to Leighanne.

‘You sure? You sound a bit of… I don’t know. Are you sure?’ Leighanne sounded worried.

‘I’m ok. Really. What about you? Could your dear husband sleep a little?’ Kelly grinned.

‘Yeah, he could. Thank God. When we went to bed, he was first complaining about Alex for the first half hour and continued to talk about how worried he was about you. I just told him to shut up and talk about it with me tomorrow because I was too tired to discuss with him.’

Kelly could hear a smile in that. She smiled as well. ‘Glad you could shut him up,’ she laughed. ‘Did you discussed it now?’

‘Yeah, we kind of did. He was worried about the both you. And to be honest, I am too.’

‘No need to worry about anything, Leigh. We are fine.’

‘We are all worried, Kel. I mean, Alex is drinking so much lately. And we don’t know what he is doing when one of us is leaving him alone with you.’

‘What do you mean?’ Kelly asked, feeling uncomfortable.

‘Well…’ Leighanne didn’t know how to put this. ‘Did he… hurt you… when he was drunk?’

Kelly suddenly had the feeling that she knew about last night. ‘Hurt me? Like, hitting me?’

‘Well, yeah. Something like that,’ she said carefully.

‘No. He never did. Can we change the subject?’ Kelly muttered.

‘Sure. What are your plans for today?’ Leighanne asked.

‘Work,’ she sighed. ‘I have to start around 3.’ She looked at the clock. It was 11 now, she would have time enough before she would have to leave. ‘What about your plans?’

‘Oh, well. I was wondering if you were going with Alex to Howie and Leigh’s place, since the guys have a photoshoot at this weird ass place somewhere in the city. It would be nice to have some company, since Leigh wanted to stay at home to take care of James. If you’re not coming I don’t have any girly company to gossip with,’ Leighanne grinned.

‘What about Lauren? Isn’t she going with Nick?’

‘Nope. Nick said she was very busy. Don’t ask me with what. Besides, you so rock at gossiping. So, pretty please?’

Kelly smiled. ‘Alright. I thought I heard Alex talking about the photoshoot but he didn’t ask me if I wanted to go with him though.’ Her smile disappeared and she felt sad instead.

‘Hmm… Weird. Anyway, it’s great you’re coming! Thanks a bunch!’ Leighanne squealed. ‘It’s going to be so much fun! You and me hanging around at the photoshoot! Watching the guys being photographed for the next hour. Hey! We could try to make them laugh!’ Leighanne was rambling on for a while like that.

Kelly wasn’t really listening to what she was saying though. She was looking at the stairs instead. She didn’t hear anything telling that AJ would be awake yet.

‘Kelly? Keeeeelly? Hello?’ she heard Leighanne shouting.

‘Hey! No need to make me deaf!’ Kelly said on a bit of a snapping tone.

‘Sor-ray.’

‘I’m sorry. I was distracted. Anyway, how long is that photoshoot taking? Not too long, I hope?’

‘One hour. If it’s running out, it’s one and a half hour. You should be on time at your work after it.’

‘Okay, sounds perfect. I guess I’ll be seeing you in… how long?’

‘One hour to be precise. Make sure that your hubby is done in time!’ Leighanne said. ‘Chirp!’ then she hung up.

‘I hope he will be,’ Kelly sighed to the phone before hanging it back on the wall.

She walked upstairs to check on AJ. He was still sleeping.

She carefully crawled on the bed and softly kissed his cheek. ‘Honey, wake up.’

AJ groaned and turned around with his back to Kelly. She shook his shoulder a bit. ‘You have a photoshoot in one hour.’

‘Five minutes more?’ he said. At least he finally talked normally to her.

Kelly sighed deep. ‘No. Because five minutes is thirty minutes for you.’

‘Maybe in your world. Five minutes is five minutes,’ he muttered into his pillow.

‘Maybe in your world,’ she imitated him. She grabbed the blankets and pulled them off. ‘Get showered and dressed! I will be making a quick breakfast for you.’

‘Kellyyyy!’ he whined. ‘Don’t do this to me. Join me instead,’ he smiled over his shoulder.

‘No way, José! You should smell yourself!’ she made a face and looked at him.

He breathed into his hand and smelled it. ‘Ugh! That smells.’

‘No shit, Sherlock. And it’s not morning breath. It’s alcohol. So, I’ll make you a nice breakfast that will definitely cheer you up,’ Kelly smiled. ‘Get a shower and dressed. I’m expecting you downstairs in 20 minutes.’ She then walked out, leaving the blanket on the ground.

AJ grabbed the pillow and pulled it over his face.

Kelly quickly drank her glass of orange juice empty and ate her last bits of bread before making AJ’s breakfast. After finishing off his breakfast, she put some painkillers on the plate and put it down opposite of her on the dinner table.

Ten minutes after that AJ came downstairs and sat down. He looked at his plate with a disgusted expression on his face. ‘Is this my breakfast?’
Chapter End Notes:
Thought this chappie was a bit more cheerful than the other two. :)
Rrrrrreview, pul-lease!