- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
6 reviews on the last chap! WOW. I guess I can only send a big THANKS to you all!
She threw her coat on the floor, took a pillow from the couch and threw it through the room. Then she grabbed another pillow and yelled into it. ‘Asshole!’ she screamed after she threw that pillow on the floor. She took a deep breath and looked out of the window. AJ already took off. She was actually expecting him to follow her and apologizing to her for his snapping. He didn’t.

Before she knew it she burst into tears and collapsed onto the floor. What had she done that he was acting like this to her? She was almost the perfect wife. She got a great job, she was always taking care of him. When she had a bad day, she didn’t snap at him, like he does so many times at her.

She bowed forward with her face in her hands, shaking from crying. She felt so frustrated and stressed out. She really had to talk to him, before things were really getting out of hand.

She got herself up supporting her arm on the couch and sat down. She calmed down after a few minutes and just stared at nothing specifically.

She would talk to him tonight, after she got back from work and after he would be coming back from the tv-show. Yes, she had to. She just had to. She couldn’t wait till tomorrow or another day, not with his busy and unpredictable schedule. She never knew what things he would have to go to tomorrow and how long it would take.

She changed her daily clothes into her working outfit and got into her own car, and took off to her work. She came back home around 9 pm. Totally exhausted she flopped down on the couch. She took her cell phone out of her purse to see if she had any missing calls or text messages. She had one missing call and a text message, both from AJ.

Hi babe. I’ll be back around 11 tonight. Missing you & loving you. XXX

He wasn’t mad at her anymore. That made her smile. She would only have to wait two hours and then he would be back again.

She decided to change into her pj’s and watch some tv with a bowl of crisps. An interesting movie was on so she wouldn’t be worrying about being bored those two hours. Once the movie was over it was half past 11 but AJ still wasn’t home.

Oh well, maybe it turned out to take a bit longer than he thought, she assured herself.

She zapped through the channels and came on another movie. She decided to watch it to kill the time some more.

It was 1 am and AJ still hadn’t came back home. She took her cell phone but her display didn’t say she had any missing calls or received text messages.

She dialed AJ’s number and waited for him to pick up. Or for him to not pick up.

After 5 rings she heard his voicemail again. She left a message and then laid back on the couch again. She hoped he wouldn’t be coming home all drunk again. If that would be the case, she would leave him alone though.

She didn’t finish watching the movie since she had slowly drifted off to sleep. Two hours later she woke up by the sound of the front door closing. She got up and looked back into the hallway.

She saw the a silhouette of a man. ‘Alex?’ she said sleepily.

She saw that the person, who she was almost sure of it was AJ, was staggering and stumbling.
Oh no.

‘Alex, are you okay?’ she asked and turned on the light in the hallway and saw it was AJ, just like she had expected.

‘Leave me alone,’ he muttered as he wanted to walk into the living room.

‘Sorry?’ she said, because she hadn’t heard him.

‘Leave me alone!’ he said a little louder and pushed her roughly away.

Kelly was scared again and stood with her back against the wall, looking how he stumbled to the couch and sat down.

‘You should better go to bed, dear,’ she said softly.

‘DIDN’T YOU HEAR ME?!’ he shouted.

She backed off and ran into the kitchen. She leant her hands on the sink, trying to fight the tears that were burning behind her eyes.

He was drunk. Probably even more than last night. And what could she do about it? Nothing.

She had planned to talk to him tonight but she could already erase it out of her mind. Now there wouldn’t be any other opportunity for the next months for her to have a serious conversation with him.

She took a glass of water and drank it empty in four huge sips.

She scared the hell out of her when she saw AJ standing next to her. She didn’t say anything to him, she didn’t even look him straight into the eyes.

‘Where are you going?’ AJ said as he grabbed her arm.

‘Upstairs. I’m tired,’ she said while making an attempt to pull her arm out of his grip.

‘You’re not,’ he half-smiled as he pulled her closer and tried to kiss her.

‘Alex, no,’ she said as she smelled the gross alcohol all around him, especially coming out of his mouth.

‘Come on, don’t be stubborn,’ he muttered as he took a tighter hold of her.

‘Alex, let me go. Now,’ she said as she tried to push him away.

‘Listen to me for one time!’ he yelled and smacked her cheek again.

‘Fuck you!’ she shouted as she pushed him away and ran into the hallway. She tried to go upstairs but he grabbed her ankle and pulled her down. She hit her knees hard on the stairs.

‘Talk to me like that again and you will regret!’ he shouted and pushed her against the wall. Then he started to kiss her neck.

‘No, Alex. I don’t want. Let me go!’ she said and tried to push him away again, only to feel a terrible pain in her stomach. He had kicked his knee into her stomach and then grabbed on her shoulders and threw her on the ground. He was losing his mind and couldn’t take control of his anger and his drunkenness. He kicked her in her stomach again. And again. And again.

‘A-Alex. Please. I b-beg you. S-s-stop,’ she whispered, blood dripping from her lower lip.

He went on his knees and punched his fist against her eye. And then once again.

‘SHUT. UP!’ he shouted, grabbed her head and hit it on the ground. Then he punched her stomach, got up and kicked her a few times again.

‘Alex..,’ she whispered before everything faded to black and unconsciousness took over her.

Thirty minutes later AJ sat on the floor with his back leant against the wall. Tears were streaming down his face as he looked at his wife, beaten up and unconscious. All because of him.

He felt horrible. He felt sick. He was disgusted of himself.

‘Kelly,’ he sobbed as he moved closer to the limp body. He took her hand and held it against his wet cheek. ‘Please, Kel. Wake up. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to. I didn’t want to. Please, babe. Forgive me. Wake up, honey,’ he cried. But Kelly didn't respond to his regretful words, his tears falling on her shirt.
Chapter End Notes:
Not really that satisfied about this chap. :/ What do you think??