- Text Size +
Chapter 12


“So these two decided to move in together when?” AJ asked from the passenger seat.
“I really don’t know. A lot has happened since the accident.”
“I guess.” He said looking out the window. “I never would have thought Nick and Nicki that serious. They never acted like it.”
“I know that’s what I was thinking.” She said. “But they seem happy. He never left her side when she ended up in the hospital either. At least I got company about 2 in the morning.”
“Wait Nicki was in the hospital? What for?”
“That I’m not really sure about. Nick didn’t go into much details and I was worried about you.” She said looking over at him smiling.

They finally pulled into the apartment parking lot and located the building that Nick and Nicki were living in. She looked for empty parking spot and found one.
“I guess we are the first one’s here. I don’t see anyone else’s car here.” She said turning off the car and opening her door.

As she was walking over to AJ’s side he opened the door and started to get out of the car.
“AJ will you wait a minute.” Min said as she rushed over.
“I’m tried of waiting.” He said as she helped him out of the car.
About that time Nick had appeared behind Min and helped her with AJ.

“Hey buddy. How are you?” Nick said giving him a hug.
“Good. Well getting better thanks to Min.” He said as he hugged his friend back. “We have some catching up to do I guess. Nicki, you, an apartment.” He said as they walked him up the stairs to the apartment.

“I see why you came down.” Min said as they started up the stairs.
“Yeah I figured he’d be a pain in the ass up the stairs.” Nick said laughing.
“Guys I’m right here.” AJ said hating the fact that he had to depend on friends to help him around.

Meanwhile Nicki was in the apartment feeding Evan on the sofa. She had no idea that AJ and Min were already heading up the stairs as she was flipping through the channels on the tv and breast feeding Evan.

As they reached the door Nick turned around and looked at both of them. He knew they would both be surprised as soon as they walked into the apartment.
“I need you both to be a little quiet ok.”
“Why?” They both asked at the same time.
Nick laughed. “Will you just trust me?” He said as he opened the door and saw Nicki on the couch feeding Evan.

“Baby. AJ and Min are here.” He said as he helped AJ through the door.

She wanted to jump up and hug him but she was in the middle of feeding Evan, who was covered by a baby blanket.
Both Min and AJ looked at her with confusion in their face.

“Um…” AJ managed to get out.
“Did um… I miss.. something..” Min asked looking at her friend with a blue baby blanket cover her.

Nicki let out a little laugh and motioned for them to sit down.
“Not really.” She said laughing as she pulled back the blanket a little to see how Evan was doing.
“Is he almost done?” Nick asked bending down to kiss her forehead and take a peak at his 1 month old son.
“I think so.” She said looking up at Nick.

AJ and Min still couldn’t believe their eyes. Their two bestfriends had a baby and neither of them even knew about it.

“I’ll be right back.” Nicki said getting up slowly with Evan in her arms. Nick had been in the kitchen getting some drinks when he heard Nicki walking towards the bedroom.

“Want me to take him.”
“Sure.” She said handing Evan to him. “He needs to be burped. Thanks hon. I didn’t want to fix myself in front of them.”
“I know baby.” He said kissing her again. He couldn’t be more happier than he was right now.

“Now daddy can show you off.” He said as he carried Evan into the living room.
“Min. J. This is my son Evan.” Nick said as he held Evan so they could see him.

“He is so little and so cute.” Min said reaching her arms out to hold him.
“How old?” AJ asked looking at him as Min held him. She looked so adorable holding Evan in her arms and talking to him.
“He is a month old.” Nick said smiling.
“Wow Nick a dad. I never would have thought. So I’m guessing this all happened…”

Nick sat down in the chair next to the couch as Nicki walked back into the living room she sat down on his lap.
“We found out a few months before graduation that we were pregnant.” Nick explained.
“And you told no one.” Min said finally looking up.
“We were going to at the graduation party after we got back….” Nick trailed off looking at Nicki.
“After we got married.” Nicki finished.
“What?” AJ and Min both said at the same time looking at their two friends.
“We wanted to tell everyone but then we found out about the accident. And I couldn’t bare to tell everyone while you were still in the hospital.” Nicki said looking at Min. “And then we found out that you would wake up from the coma and I couldn’t bare to have that taken away from you and Min. She was so happy finally.”

“Nicki you could have told me.” Min said as she looked at her friend with tears in her eyes. “But I forgive you since I have a cute little nephew now.” She said playing with Evan’s fingers and making him smile.

While Min and AJ played with Evan and talked with the Nick and Nicki some more the others had started to show up to their housewarming party.
Chapter End Notes:
Added 12/31/10