- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
added 1/31/10
Chapter 14


Nicki had slipped away from everyone for a few minutes to check on Evan. As a new mom she tended to worry about him a little more. Min noticed her walk into the baby’s room and had decided to follow her. She needed some advice and she just wanted to catch up with her friend.

“Hey.” Min whispered as she entered the room.
“Hey.” Nicki said looking up and smiling. “What’s up?”
“Nothing I just wanted to talk to you. I feel like we’ve grown apart or something. I mean you and Nick getting married. Evan.”
“I know. I just feel right telling everyone with AJ in the hospital.”
“Nicki you’ve really got to learn to stop thinking about other people sometimes.” Min said laughing. “I would have been there for you. We could have went shopping or something.”
“Min I really am sorry.”
“I know.” Min said as she found a place on the floor to sit down. Nicki joined her as well on the floor.
“So what’s really bothering you?”
“Alex doesn’t want me to go to Cali for school. He wants me to stay.”
“What do you want Min?”

Min looked down at the floor for a few minutes then over to where Evan was sleeping. She looked around Evan’s room and then at Nicki who was nothing but smiles lately.
“I want this.”
“And what is this.” Nicki said as she giggled a little.
“I want the husband and the baby.”
“What about college?”
“Do you regret any of this Nicki?”
“No. I love Nick and I love Evan more than anything in the world. I still have dreams of going to school though.”
“I just don’t know what to do.”

Nicki stood up and walked over to the closet and pulled down a shoebox that was hidden in the corner. She walked back over to where Min was sitting and sat back down.
“I never showed Nick this. Hell I haven’t showed anyone this.” Nicki said as she opened the box and pulled out an envelope. She handed it to Min.

Min pulled out the letter and read it.
“Nicki why didn’t you tell me.. or anyone that you got excepted into Harvard.” Min said as she looked at her friend.
“The day I got this letter was the day I found out I was pregnant with Evan. The day I went to tell Nick about Harvard he asked me to marry him.”
“But Nicki…”
“No buts Min. I made my decision to have a family. I don’t regret it. I wouldn’t change it.”
“Then why do you still have the letter?”
“That one day I can show Evan that his mom was accepted into Harvard.” She said laughing. “Do you love Alex?”

Min looked at her kind of shocked. “Depending on how you answer that question in your heart will answer your question to stay or leave. As for Evan and I we would love for you to stay.” She said leaning over and hugging her friend.

“Thanks Nicki.” Min said as the girls stood up.
“Whatever you do decide Min it has to be your choice no one else’s. I’ll stand behind you no matter what.”

Min hugged Nicki again. She knew in her heart what she wanted to do now.

Just as they were getting ready to walk out of the room Evan had started to cry a little.
“I’ll get him.” Min said as she walked over and picked up Evan.