- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Last Chapter Yup Yup! Added 1/31/10
Chapter 16

A.J. sank down onto the couch,” What did you do all day?” he asked.

“Um just the usual things,’ Min said as she sat down next to him on the couch,” Alex, I need to tell you something,” she said quietly. After a lot of deliberation she had decided that it was best to go ahead and just tell him her decision.

“Is something wrong?”

“No, no nothing like that,” she assured him,” It’s just well I’ve decided that I am going to USC, I started to fill out the acceptance things today, and will be talking to the housing office in the morning.”

“So you’re leaving me,” A.j. said quietly as he shifted his gaze so it was directed out the window.

“Alex, look at me,” she said softly as she touched his arm,” I am not leaving you; I’m going away to school. I love you and that’s not going to change.” She had gone to Love’s a picked up the necklace that A.j had gotten her, and since then she had been wearing it around her neck.

“Yeah it will change, why can’t you understand that? You’ll get bored of emailing, of talking on the phone, you’ll show maybe on a holiday or two, but I’ll be just this distant memory to you.”

Lifting her hand she caressed his cheek gently,” Never,” she said softly. “Please trust me when I say that this can work. You’re my reason for everything Alex, but I have to go to school and so do you.”

A.J. wished he had the guts to ask her to marry him because if he did he would do it in a heartbeat, but right now he just didn’t know.
Also knowing her she would think it was a way to keep her from going to California and therefore would refuse the proposal.

She slipped her arms around his neck kissing his cheek softly,” We can do this; it won’t be as hard as you’re making it out to be.”

“I’m tired I think I’m going to take a nap,” A.j. said not bothering to reply to what she had just said.

“Did you want me to help you to the bedroom?”

“No, I’ll stay here on the couch thanks,” A.j. said, and Min got up moving as A.j shifted to lay down and take his nap.

Min went into her room and shut the door silently and then picked up her phone and called Nicki, talking to her friend on the phone briefly before hanging up. Not wanting to disturb A.J., Min went outside to wait for Nicki who was coming over.

Fifteen minutes later Nicki arrived pulling into a parking space and got out of her car,” Min, is everything okay? You sounded really upset on the phone.”

“He hates me,” Min whispered as the tears started to fall down her cheeks.

“Uhoh does this mean you made a decision about college?” Nicki asked going to her friend and hugging her.

“Yeah, I am going to USC, but Nicki we both need to go to school why can’t he see that?”

Nicki looked at Min,” Well honestly I think he’s afraid of loosing you to someone else.”

“Who someone else?”

“Anyone else, a lot happens when you go away to college Min, it changes people and he might just be afraid that it’ll come between you two.”

“What am I supposed to do? If I turn down USC, that’s it for me Nicki. I didn’t apply to any Florida Schools and all the deadlines have passed already for admission. If I stay he’ll be going to UFC and I’ll be sitting at home doing nothing.”

“I don’t know what tell you,” she said honestly.” But I’m happy with where I am and if nothing else both of you could go to community college, and then you could apply to UFC and go with him for the next semester after one semester of Com College.”

“ I know but he wont agree to going to community college.”

“He can be stubborn.”

Min sighed,” Yeah.”

“Do you want to go out maybe get coffee?”

“No its okay, he’s sleeping so I don’t wanna leave him. It’ll be fine, its just a rough period right now.”

“Alright if you change your mind let me know,” Nicki said before hugging her friend again, and then climbed into her car to head back to her apartment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

January

January had arrived a lot sooner than A.J. would have liked, which meant second semester of college was starting.
His doctor had cleared him and he was walking on his own now, he had a little bit of trouble with his knee, which had required surgery to it but it was healing better now and today he was finally off the crutches for good. Min had gone through with going to USC and was flying out in the morning and then A.J. was driving down to UFC.

A.J. lay on his bed in his room, his mom was out today and he was glad he wanted the quiet for the moment. Min appeared in his doorway,” Alex,” she said softly.

His eyes opened as he looked up at her,” Yeah?” he replied.

“ How mad are you still…at me I mean?” she asked quietly.

He sighed running his hand through his hair,” I’m still extremely pissed at you actually,” he said honestly. He sat up carefully and looked at her,” I could have died that night on graduation and its like you don’t even care.”

“What! Of course I care,” she said looking at him shocked. She walked into the room and sat beside him on the bed.” Alex, I was there every day and night by your side. There were days I could barely function, the sight of you like….” She trailed off swallowing softly.” It killed me,” she said softly. “ You’re my reason for everything and I know ive said that before but its true,” she said softly. She reached up resting her hand against his cheek. “ Me going away to school doesn’t have to be the end of us.”

A.J. looked at her,” I’ll humor you on that one, but give it a few months and you’ll see that it’ll be the end of us,” he said quietly. “ You’ll see.” She didn’t know what to say because there was nothing more that she could do to convince him of what was in her heart. She felt it breaking right now as she sat in front of him.
He slid an arm around her leaning in he brushed his lips against hers softly,” I love you. I’ll always love you,” he said softly as he broke away from her resting his forehead against hers.


………………..