- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Nick hung up his cell and walked upstairs to Nicki’s room. He knocked and then opened the door a little.
“Come in.” She said standing in front of the mirror.
“Hey baby are you about ready. AJ called and asked if I could take Min to the highscool with us.” He said as he walked over to sit on her bed. She looked amazing in her baby blue dress.
“Ok.” She said looking at the mirror still.
“Baby is something wrong.” He said as he got up and put his arms around her waist.
“I look fat Nick. Everyone will know. Look at me.” She said turning around so he could see her.
“Sweetie really you look fine. You can’t tell I promise. Only you and I know baby.” He said pulling her to him and kissing her forehead.
“Are we still going tonight?”
“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He said kissing her again. “We really need to go though.”
“Ok.” She said as she smiled up at him and he kissed her lips.

He always knew just the right things to say to make her smile. As they headed down the stairs Nicki’s parents stopped them for pictures.

“You two look so great.” Her mom said as she started to cry. “My baby is graduating.” She hugged her daughter then Nick. Nick was pretty much part of their family. “We’ll see you guys at the school shortly.”
“Thanks mom.”

Nicki and Nick walked out to Nick’s car and drove over to Min’s house. Nick got out and walked up to the door. Knowing AJ he probably forgot to call Min and tell her the plans.
Min answered the door expecting to see AJ.

“Nick?”
“Hey J asked me to stop by and take you to the school. He is going to meet us there. He had to run somewhere real fast.”
”Oh ok.” She said as she closed the door behind her. “Hey Nicki.”
“Hey Min. Are you ready to finally be over with highscool?” She laughed.
“I was ready the day it began.”


(At the High School)

Kevin, Shawn, Howie, and Brian were already there waiting at the door for the rest of the gang to take pictures.

“Where’s AJ?” Kevin asked when the three of them walked up to the building.
“He had to run somewhere real fast. Said he would meet us here.”
“He isn’t going to be late is he?” Kevin asked again being the big brother of the group.
“He said he wouldn’t.”

“You guys ready for the party tonight?” Brian asked as someone took a picture of everyone.
“Nicki and I can’t make it.” Nick said smiling.
“And why the hell not.” Min said a little confused that her two friends had something else planned that she knew nothing about.
“We’ve got something to do with our family.” Nick lied.
“Right you do.” Brian said shoving Nick a little.

They rounded up everyone to get in line to start the Graduation. Everyone was getting a little worried that AJ hadn’t shown up yet.
“Min I’m sure he is just running late.” Brian said as he squeezed her hand. “You know AJ. This isn’t his kind of thing anyway. He probably has some prank he is going to pull.”
“You are probably right.” Min said trying to relax.

After the Graduation Min found Nick and Nicki headed to Nick’s car.
“He never showed up.”
“Min he is probably at your house waiting for you. He said he had to run and go get a surprise for you.” Nick said hugging his friend. “I’m sure he is ok.”
“He went to get a surprise for me?”
“Don’t tell him I told you.” Nick said as he smiled. “It’s a secret. Listen I can drop you off but Nicki and I really need to get going.”
“It’s ok I’ll get a ride with Brian.”

Nicki hugged her friend and they said their goodbyes.

“You ready baby?” Nick asked before they got in the car. “If you don’t want to do this we don’t have to.”
“Why wouldn’t I want to Nick. I love you.”
“Just making sure.” He said as he kissed her and opened the door for her.


The two drove to the court house and walked in.
“Can I help you?” The lady behind the desk asked.
“We are here to get married.” Nick said excited. “We called about a week ago and set up the time.”
“Carter?”
“Yeah that’s us I mean me.”
The lady laughed a little. She could tell they were both nervous yet excited.
“I just need you to sign these papers. And I need Ids from both of you.”

They both signed the papers and showed their IDS.
“Follow me this way.”
They followed her into a room and sat down.

A half hour later they walked out of the room both wearing wedding bands and holding hands. Nick brought her hand to his and kissed it. “Well Mrs. Nick Carter are you ready to go party now?”
“Yes Mr. Carter.”
He stopped her as they walked outside into the clear night.
“I’m going to take care of you Nicki. Everything will be ok.” He said as he rubbed her belly. “I promise.”
“I know Nick.” She said as she smiled.
“I love you.” He said as he leaned down to kiss her.
“I love you too.”

They got in their car and started to head to the party where everyone was at.
Chapter End Notes:
hope to see some reviews :-). There is much more of this story to come.