- Text Size +
Chapter 8


“Min are you ok?”
“Brian I had this dream, which I thought was real. AJ talked to me. He told me he did have a surprise for me and then mentioned Love’s.” She explained to Brian. “What does this mean?”

Brian sat there for a moment trying to think about what it could mean.
“I have no idea Min, sorry.”

“Oh my god.” Min said looking at AJ’s hand.
“Min what’s wrong.” Brian said standing up now.
“AJ’s hand just squeezed mine. I swear to God Brian.”

Brian was looking at her like she had gone crazy when there right in front of his eyes he saw his fingers move.

“Min I saw it.” Brian said getting excited. He looked at Min and saw a smile on her face for the first time since the accident. Brian walked out of the room and grabbed a nurse.


(Nicki’s room)

“Baby what happened?” Nick asked sitting by her side holding her hand.
“I don’t know. I was just walking towards the nursery and I started getting a pain. And that’s when Kev and Shawn showed up. Then it got worse.”
“I’m sorry baby.” He said kissing her hand and then leaned over to kiss her belly.

Nicki was hooked up to a baby monitor machine as well as a blood pressure machine for her. He was praying that everything would be ok that it was just a false alarm or something.

“Hey kids how are we doing today.” Dr. Walsh said as he walked in.
“You tell me.” Nicki said.
“That I will do.” He smiled at both of them. “I’m sure there is nothing to worry about. The baby’s heart rate looks good. Doesn’t seem to be any pressure on the baby. I’m gonna do an ultra sound to make sure the little one is ok though.”

Dr. Walsh pulled up her shirt to reveal her belly. He put the jelly on and then started the ultra sound. Nick and Nicki’s eyes were glued to the screen, there was their baby.

“Baby looks fine Nicki.” He said as he turned off the machine. “But I am worried about you not gaining weight. I want you on bed rest for at least a month till I see you again. And eat for god’s sake. Most women love to be pregnant just so they can eat whatever they want.” He said laughing. He then turned to Nick. “Keep an eye on her. I believe it was probably just stress and it was stressing the baby a little. Nothing to alarming. Keep her calm and in bed Nick. And make sure she eats. I want to see some more weight on her the next visit.”
“Thanks Dr. Walsh and I’ll make sure to do that.”
“For now just to be on the safe side I wanna keep you over night. In case it might have been contractions that we aren’t picking up now.”

“You better call my mom and your mom and let them know.”
“You do realize if I do that they will be here in record time.”
“That is true.” Nicki said putting her head back. “I just can’t keep this in any longer Nick. Us hiding this from everyone.”
“I know baby. Maybe its time we just tell everyone. For you and the baby’s sake.”
“I’m going to go let everyone in the waiting room you are ok.”


(Waiting room)

“Don’t you think it’s a little odd they took her to the maternity ward?” Shawn asked a little puzzled.

Kevin wasn’t sure if he should tell her what Nicki had said before they took her away. He decided he would wait to hear from Nick first.

“I hate waiting rooms.” Kevin finally said.



(Aj’s room)

“Brian we have to tell everyone. Maybe you were right. Maybe there is hope after all.” She said with a smile on her face. “I’ll go tell everyone who is waiting their turn to come in.”

Brian then realized that no one was out there. He had completely forgotten about Nicki.
He grabbed Min’s arm before she left the room.
“Min.”
”What?”
“Everyone is kind of waiting to hear how Nicki is doing?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well when you fell asleep Shawn came here telling us that something was wrong with Nicki. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Nick run so fast in my life.”
”What happened?”
“I don’t know. I was in the waiting room waiting for Nick to come out and I thought I would come check on you.”