- Text Size +
Amber was trying to keep up with Alex and finally after a block of torture in the heels she was wearing she pulled out of his grip, “Alex!” she said frustrated.

Alex didn’t stop her from pulling away and he continued to walk. But soon stopped when he heard her call his name, he turned and looked at her. “Are you ok?” he asked not moving from where he stood.

Amber gave him a weak smile and spoke again, “Yes thank you… are you okay though?” she asked as she walked up to him looking for any evidence of the fight he was just in.

He didn’t complain at her gentle touch on his face, “I’m fine no damage done,” he told her looking at her. “What were you doing? Why are you still here in Vegas?” he asked as he stopped her hand from caressing his face.

“I-,” she couldn’t say it, it was apparent it was going to be harder than she thought to tell him she was feeling the same as him. She smiled nervously and looked down, “I was looking for you…” she said her voice quivering.

Alex looked at her baffled, “Yeah why would you? Didn’t you tell me to leave?” he couldn’t help the hostility. “I don’t understand –,” he stopped talking when he saw her look up with tears running down her face. “I’m sorry…” He whispered automatically wiping the fresh tears with his hands. He couldn’t see her like that and then without any warning she was hugging him.

She clung to him crying and in between she felt safe as his hands wrapped around her too. “Let’s go somewhere else to talk,” he whispered into her ear as people began to stare at them.

**********

The ride to the Two Palms hotel was silent and all Amber told him was she was staying in room 201. He turned off the ignition and turned to face her sighing, “Are you okay?” he asked noticing she was no longer crying.

“Yeah,” she said giving him a nervous smile. “I don’t know why I did that,” she told him as she opened the door to the car. “Do you want to come in?”

He looked at her and could not say no to her, “Let’s go…” he took the keys and followed her up the stairs to her room.

Amber opened the door and allowed him to come in as she turned on the lights to her room, “Sorry about the mess,” she said as she threw away the whole pizza still untouched to the waste basket.

Alex only smiled thinking what she would say if she saw his room. “Its cool,” he said rubbing the back of his neck. “So…”

“Right,” Amber said laughing nervously. “Have a seat,” she told him as she took off her shoes. “Still trying to get used to these.” She blushed and then cleared her throat… “Did you mean what you told me the other day?” she asked as she sat on the bed.

Alex had just taken a seat on one of the chairs in the room, “I said many things…” he said knowing well what she was talking about.

“Alex…” Amber said in a pleading voice, “I am talking about you telling me you love me?” she said looking down to the floor.

Alex sighed heavily and walked up to her kneeling in front of her. He then proceeded to put a strand of hair behind her ear so she could see him, “Yes… I can’t lie and say no. I have fallen in love with you Amber. I didn’t want to admit it though because I felt you deserved someone better than me. I am just a thief like you said.” He told her as his eyes penetrated her green eyes.

Amber smiled as she bit her lip, “What if I told you I don’t care who you are or what you have done? I feel the same for you…” she said blushing as his gaze made her feel butterflies in her stomach. “Your eyes are so beautiful,” She told him in a whisper.

“I would disagree,” Alex said as he gave her a smile. “I’m sorry for being an asshole Amber I should’ve been honest with you. I can’t pin point when exactly you bewitched me… yes bewitched me even if you don’t believe in that either,” He said as he saw her expression at his words. “Instead of trying to pretend like I felt nothing more for you than friendship.”

“I know your good person and I shouldn’t have called you that,” she said as she felt like her tears were about to start coming down again. “I want you to come with me… let’s explore the U.S. together?”

Alex laughed lightly and then he spoke again, “How can I say no?” he said as he stood up and pulled her up so she was standing in front him. He pulled her toward him there bodies very close, “But first I think I should show you just how gratifying a real kiss is…” he smiled as he took her face with his hands.

Amber could only nod as Alex’s face came closer to hers. She automatically closed her eyes as she felt his lips on her forehead, eyes, cheeks, chin and then a light brush on he lips. She smiled a little and then there it was his lips on hers lightly pressing on hers. She began to shivering when his lips took her bottom lip biting it lightly. Before she knew it she was clinging to him as he claimed her mouth completely, it was like she knew what to do.

It felt too short, to her when he separated himself from her. He was blushing and a big smile on his face, her chest was heaving and her eyes were greener or so it appeared to him. “That was even better than the other day,” he caressed her face.

********

“Amber?” Alex called from the bed. “I’m just going to check out of my room and be back ok?”

“Yeah,” Amber yelled as she continued to wash her face. She was glowing realizing Alex really did love her. Today was the new start for them. For one now she was his girlfriend that was what he had finally called her last night.