- Text Size +
“Come on Amber,” Alex said impatiently as he waited for her to come out of the restroom.

“Ok I am done,” she said opening the door and giggling as she saw Alex spill his drink out as he saw her. “Is it that bad?” she asked.

Alex wiped his mouth and cleared his throat, “No not bad at all,” he said walking up to her. “Its breath taking,” he whispered to her as he wrapped his arms around her. “It makes your eyes stand out,” he told her.

“I see you are wearing green too,” she told him as she saw the shirt he was wearing.

“Mhmm, it is Saint Patty’s day.” He caressed her cheek and then smiled at her. “So today it’s all about you scratching out some more of the things to do from your list.”

“Ok like what?” she asked.

“Like celebrating a holiday… and being Irish for a day.” He laughed at his lame comment. “Maybe we can also scratch out a tattoo?” he arched his brow to her in question.

“Maybe… or we can not try to get all my list cleaned out here in Vegas. We do have a lot of the U.S. to explore.” She stood on her toes to reach him and then she kissed him.

He automatically kissed her back picking her up so she didn’t have to struggle. “I think we should go,” he said kissing her again and then put her down. He smiled at Amber’s frustrated moan. She wasn’t very happy about his choice to not, well you know. He wanted to take it slow and he wanted to make sure Amber really meant what she had said.

“Fine let’s go celebrate,” she told him grabbing his hand.

*********

She moaned as she felt someone trying to wake her up. “Ugh I feel like crap,” she said as she covered her face with a pillow. “Yeah now I can definitely scratch out hangover.”

Alex laughed at her comment, “Princess we have to go, remember we are heading west today.” He kissed her shoulder again and then took the pillow away from her face. “Come on you just need a shower and the hangover antidote I have ready for you to drink.” He struggled to get her up and literally carried her to the shower.

Amber yelled as she felt the cold water hit her, “Oh my god! Alex!” she was wide awake now.

Alex ran before she could smack him, “I’m going to get your suitcase, shower.” He told her laughing a little. He did as he told her and was now organizing everything for there departure. He sighed as he remembered the events from the night before. It was getting harder for him to say no to a very willing Amber and the truth was he very much wanted to experience love with her in that way.

He wasn’t going to condemn her though he was going to it the right way, “Are you almost done?” he asked as he drank his part of the hangover antidote.

“Yes, almost” Amber said walking out half dressed. “What shirt should I wear? Red or black?” she asked looking at Alex.

Alex cleared his throat and then managed to say the color he preferred, “Red,” he quickly turned away and pretended to be busy looking at the map he had purchased earlier.

“So what am I drinking exactly?” Amber asked as she sat next to him. Smiling at that fact that she was getting to him, she did not see why he cared so much, she had made her choice she wanted him. Every part of him and he was just being silly she was going to win sooner or later.

“Just drink don’t ask,” he told her smiling at her. “You look better the cold shower helped?”

She glared at him; “Yes!” she took the cup with the mysterious liquid and sniffed. “What in gods name is in here?”

“Just drink… look I am drinking some too,” he smiled and finish his drink trying to make a face at the horrid taste.

“Fine,” she grumbled and drank. “Ew…” she said wiping her mouth. “That is horrible Alex how can you drink it like nothing?”

Alex laughed and brushed his finger on her face, “Years of practice,” he winked at her. “ready?”

“As I’ll ever be,” she told him making a face before drinking the rest of her drink. After she ran to the restroom.

Ale waited patiently for her finish brushing her teeth, “All better?” he asked when she came out.

“Yes,” she told him wrapping her around him. “Well let’s go California awaits.”

********

She felt his hand on hers as they drove in silence. “I can’t wait to see the beach,” she told him smiling.

“Amber I have something to tell you,” he said as he turned to look at her. “I can’t continue on this trip with you without doing something first.”

Amber looked at him anxiously, “what? What is it?” she asked him.

“Well…” he took a deep breath. “I am a lost cause Amber but you… your not I mean I a not very religious and all but I know your morals are high in your list of good. I want to do the right thing and the only for that is if…” he stopped and smiled at the perplexed face Amber was making.

“You’re scaring me Alex,” she said fearing the worst was he dumping her?

“Relax princess its nothing bad,” he told her as he finally saw what he was looking for her. He pointed toward the building and smiled as he saw her read it the big sign.

“The Kings Chapel?” Amber read and then she turned to look at Alex.

“Marry me…” he told her with pleading eyes. “I love you Amber and I need to do this the right way and that means marriage. If you don’t want to fine but then I can’t continue on with you Amber because I am afraid of what will happen and I can’t live if I knew I had caused you to sin.” He gave a crooked smile.

Amber looked at him and then back at the building it even had a drive thru… she was frozen she didn’t know what to do. He was so sweet to think of her and he was right even though she kept insinuating that she didn’t mind deep inside she did. He was thinking of everything. But could she be married at such young age?

“Well?” Alex asked worry in his tone. “Amber?”